BHPian

I just came across the dealer for LLumar in chennai:

MS.LAXMI / VENKATRAMAN
17 , SRIMAN SRINIVASA ROAD,
ALWARPET, CHENNAI - 600018
+9144 24988818 / 19
S.VENKATRAMAN: +91 9841041132
LAXMI : +919841029950

The same person has a accessories showroom on OMR, near HCL technologies, Perungudi.

Anyone know this dealer and the qulity of service provided?
gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 01:11   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET View Post
Hi

has anyone been driving around with PP 70 or AIR 75 tints on the front from Llumar , can anyone tell me which one is better and help me decide.

Cheers
I've been using Llumar AIR75 for the front windshield and Llumar Steel35 films (both are platinum series films) for the rest of the windows/ rear screen of my Ikon 1.6 over the last 4 years now.
They're a perfect combo for me, as I dont like excessively tinted films on my car (my car is black in colour btw)
I dont feel Cochin's heat even in peak summer, and 95% of the time the blower speed of the aircon is at its lowest.

Another thing I've noticed is, that during night drives, the glare from oncoming headlight seems to be toned down a bit while visibility is top notch for night driving.

Installation was perfect by the Llumar dealer here, and I've never had a problem with the films till date (it also helps that the platinum series has a 5 year warranty)
Etrnlwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:31   #468
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Delhi/Noida?

Thanks in advance
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:17   #469
BHPian

Default Swift Front Windscreen Sun Film

Just a word of advice to all you guys out there who intend fitting front windscreen film on to a Swift. Be very, very, very careful where and how you get the job done as if any excess water from the spray gets into the dashboard - and it will! - you will be in real trouble.
According to the film installers, this problem is applicable to the Swift and Honda Accord only.
Although I had the ECM and battery disconnected and various bits of cloth/plastic covering the electrics under the dash, I have still had problems and have wasted the whole day watching the car "drying out" in the sun.
As of now the central locking alarm system is still not working. hope it will tomorrow.
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 12:16   #470
BHPian

I have been quoted
Garware Cool in - for Side/Rear 3600/-
Garware Cool Vision - For front 1600

These prices are for SX4.

Can anyone share their experience with Garware or these films?
AIR75 from Llumar and Steel 50 for side/rear ? How much these cost and any experience with these?

Thanks
Old 14th April 2008, 14:01   #471
BHPian

Hi ,

I just installed the Ws film from Graware ( icecool ) and is good . I did not want a drak colored one for my scorpio . It does make a difference
kARTIK IYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 00:16   #472
BHPian

llumar pp60-rs.3500 and pp70-rs.4500 . planning to get installed front sunfilm probably pp70 . i have n35 from llumar steel colour for sides and rear. but i feel they are not that effective. will get another layer of maybe garware on thr rear and sides.
man_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 13:39   #473
BHPian

Question

On comparing the specs, Garware looks good but is it really good?

http://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/pro.../car_packs.pdf

http://www.llumar.com/PDF/English/au...ec%20sheet.pdf

Garware seems to offer 50-55% heat reduction whereas Llumar is ~40% except for the SpectraSelect (59%).

confused
Old 16th April 2008, 06:38   #474
BHPian

No replies yet ? I was wondering if any of our Noida/Delhi members has the front/rear films installed and if I could have a look before I go for it?

Planning to get the films installed this w/e.

Thanks
Old 16th April 2008, 06:52   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
On comparing the specs, Garware looks good but is it really good?

http://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/pro.../car_packs.pdf

http://www.llumar.com/PDF/English/au...ec%20sheet.pdf

Garware seems to offer 50-55% heat reduction whereas Llumar is ~40% except for the SpectraSelect (59%).

confused

Hi..
Both Garware and Llumar are good according to user reviews. However, Llumar seems to be tad ahead of Garware. I personally use Llumar.

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 10:23   #476
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, I would not get a film installed on the front windscreen, regardless of the quality, simply because of reduction in view quality, and glare.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 10:29   #477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
IMHO, I would not get a film installed on the front windscreen, regardless of the quality, simply because of reduction in view quality, and glare.
Actually those are exactly the reason to put high quality front windshield films like Air 75 or Air 65. After installing AIR 65, it significantly reduced the glare from sunlight during day and glare from oncoming hi-beams in the night. There was no reduction in view quality at all, it only improved because it reduced glare.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 19:30   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Actually those are exactly the reason to put high quality front windshield films like Air 75 or Air 65. After installing AIR 65, it significantly reduced the glare from sunlight during day and glare from oncoming hi-beams in the night. There was no reduction in view quality at all, it only improved because it reduced glare.
I agree totally with Samurai. If your budget can stretch a bit go for V Kool. It's the best IMHO and worth the extra cash. I have tried Solar and LLumar but they are no comparison to V Kool.
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 19:23   #479
BHPian

Just got Llumar AIR75 for my Getz windscreen and Llumar Steel 50 for the sides total of 10k (after discounts) from Sandhya Accessories (address on post # 466).

Very courteous service but they were pushy about the Steel 50 for the sides. They said the car should be preferably parked in sunlight (only for a day) for better adhesion. And the greasy coating can be wiped off in two days.

I think these films need some getting used to. In the windscreen (right in my path of my vision) there are very small bubbles and this is causing some blurriness. Hoping it would go away.....
PraveenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 13:39   #480
BHPian

It seems Llumar & Vkool are the preferred films on this thread, I am a bit surprised with this, since on comparing the specs of films from Llumar (AIR75, PP70, PP50) with Garware (Icecool shield elite, icecool elite, Cool in, Cool vision), Garware seems to offer better heat rejection with similar VLT at half the price. Wonder why everyone seems to think low of them?