Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd July 2008, 00:29   #511

Default For Getz - vkool in chennai

I have got quote of Rs.9400 for Llumar AIR75 in front and Steel 50 in sides & rear ( Apprx. Rs.5700 for front) . When i checked up with V-kool, they have quoted Rs.9450 for V70 for front only. At the same time, they are quoting Rs.8600 for Innova front wind shield sunfilm (V70).

Are the price quoted for V-kool in Getz is OK?. How getz is costing more than Innova. ( Llumar AIR 75 heat rejection is 39% and V-kool V70 heat rejection is 55%). Can any one siggest good price for V-Kool.
ganny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 00:57   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganny View Post
I have got quote of Rs.9400 for Llumar AIR75 in front and Steel 50 in sides & rear ( Apprx. Rs.5700 for front) . When i checked up with V-kool, they have quoted Rs.9450 for V70 for front only. At the same time, they are quoting Rs.8600 for Innova front wind shield sunfilm (V70).

Are the price quoted for V-kool in Getz is OK?. How getz is costing more than Innova. ( Llumar AIR 75 heat rejection is 39% and V-kool V70 heat rejection is 55%). Can any one siggest good price for V-Kool.

ganny if its not any trouble could you share where you got these quotes from ? might be useful to other members in Chennai who are looking to get these tints
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 07:04   #513
BHPian

I got my Getz CRDi installed with Kool Tint two days ago. Must say the quality is amazing. It offers >90% heat rejection from windshield and >65% from sides. Comes with 3 years warranty and the service/installation is good. For the record, Kool Tint is an American Brand and is as good as VKool, if not better (read my previous post and you would notice I was very sceptical about it, until I got it installed now).
The rates I got for VKool were Rs.11600 - Front and Rs.5800 - Sides . But please remember VKool has a lot of variants going upto 40K for some!!!
And how much did I pay for Kool Tint? Well....
Vivek.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 09:23   #514
BHPian

Quote:

I believe I got Air 75 for around 5000 and Neutral 20 for abt 3000 for my swift. Prices seems to have increased in 8 months !
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:26   #515

Quote:

I have got the quote for Llumar from GN car audio in GP road including installation by authorised Llumar person at home and, when i checked up with the official dealer (M/s. Sandhya) over phone, they have quoted 10500.

V-Kool quote is from their only authorised dealer in chennai transcar. My surprise is V70 in front for innova (Rs.8500)is less than Getz(Rs.9450). Can any body confirm this. Moreover, V-kool has only V70 for front windscreen. Variation in quotes are due to different variety of films for sides and rear.

For the past two weeks, i am sitting on this (i.e) V-kool or llumar for front windscreen.
ganny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 20:29   #516
BHPian

I just wanted to confirm.
RTO rule says 70% visibility for front and rear
and 50% visibility for sides.
Do they put a different film for the rear?
From all the posts here, I could only figure out that people are putting 70% visibility only for front screen and 50% visiblity film for sides and rear.
Isnt this a violation of RTO rule which says 70% for front and Rear?
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 20:45   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
I just wanted to confirm.
Isnt this a violation of RTO rule which says 70% for front and Rear?
Yep It is.

But generally, as long as you are legal in the front (esp. in the front) & the sides, I guess the cops don't create an issue (unless they're really out to get you for some reason).
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 08:52   #518
Senior - BHPian

hi everyone,

I wanted to ask to all you guys that is it nessery to put any branded film? because since childhood i have been instaling films in all my cars and till now none of them were braned..
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:08   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
hi everyone,

I wanted to ask to all you guys that is it nessery to put any branded film? because since childhood i have been instaling films in all my cars and till now none of them were braned..
Time have changed !!

*Increased UV radiation, need more heat rejection
*Warranty offered by reputed dealers
*Visibility
*Life (not prone to scratches, fading etc)

BTW every film has a brand... even if its XYZ. It comes a bulk roll so you wouldnt know.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 12:17   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the past two weeks, i am sitting on this (i.e) V-kool or llumar for front windscreen.
Why don't you consider 3M? more confusion now.

@rjvora.. they are not sun control films, they are vision control films. They do not block UV or heat.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 14:26   #521

Hi Guys,
There is a brand called Sunshield available in Chennai. The dealer claims that it is imported from Germany and is of excellent quality (better than Llumar). However, such a brand doesn't pop up in any google searches
Llumar Steel film uses metal sputtering and has no dyes to colour the film which is why it maintains the colour so well. Films like 3M are all dye based and will eventually change colour (like those Garware films which are grey when new and over the years turn bluish purple).
Has anybody used Sunshield 'Black Metal' film? It looks nice but will it last long?
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 14:56   #522
BHPian

Its sometime since the first of the Front Windscreen were installed with sunfilm on TBHP. Can Bhp-ians who did this please tell me if there any negatives in terms of long-term usage ( like scratch, reduced visibility, oncoming headlight issues etc etc )?.
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 15:09   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Hi Guys,
There is a brand called Sunshield available in Chennai. The dealer claims that it is imported from Germany and is of excellent quality (better than Llumar). However, such a brand doesn't pop up in any google searches
Llumar Steel film uses metal sputtering and has no dyes to colour the film which is why it maintains the colour so well. Films like 3M are all dye based and will eventually change colour (like those Garware films which are grey when new and over the years turn bluish purple).
Has anybody used Sunshield 'Black Metal' film? It looks nice but will it last long?
Sunshield!! From the name I could for 100% say that it is not a German brand. It could be "imported" as the dealer says, mostly Taiwan or China.

Stick to the branded ones like Llumar, V-Kool or 3M. I am using LLumar AIR75 for the past 1 year and I am really happy with it. Absolutely no scratches and good head reduction.

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 15:10   #524
BHPian

Santosh,

I have AIR 75 on my swift from Day 1 and its a good feel to have it. It reduces the sunlight into the cabin, AC runs cools and my hands are not yet hand burnt. Believe its a good choice if you are interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Its sometime since the first of the Front Windscreen were installed with sunfilm on TBHP. Can Bhp-ians who did this please tell me if there any negatives in terms of long-term usage ( like scratch, reduced visibility, oncoming headlight issues etc etc )?.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 15:14   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
I am using Garware Sun-Films on the front wind screen, 35% visibility. The advantage of using a good branded sun film is that the dark effect is more on the outside as these films have a high reflective index so the reflection is more but clarity on the inside is very good, feels like there are no films and at night there is a little difference in visibility but not that much that it would be hard to drive. Its pretty good considering just 35% visibility which i thought would be close to driving blind at night but supprising visibility is good.
Glare is reduced from on comming traffic at night. Also heat entering the cabin is much lesser since maximum heat entering the cabin is from the front and rear windshields.

Last edited by abhik : 28th August 2008 at 15:18.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote