Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd December 2008, 12:20   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK396 View Post
The Ice Cool costs approx Rs 2K. A friend of mine has installed it. Dont know the exact transperancy but it does reduce visbility a little. If you want to keep the car cool while being parked, use a silver foil reflector on the windscreen.

You can get the film installed at shops near the Milan Subway st S'cruz.
Do you use that silver foil? Does that really makes difference?
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:44   #602
BHPian

great thanx KK396 i think i'll got to suraj motors or choksi motors... heard frm team-bhpian that these 2 places are good for accesories. and really thanx for the pricing as these guys were planning to take me for e ride by quoting around 4500-6000rs for garware ice cool!
mdesai_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 01:48   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I got V-Kool installed on my Civic last week. I got the top end installed and it cost a whopping 30+. Got it installed from an authorized distributor/dealer here in Bangalore.

Please note the cost for other cars is not as high as the Civic. The Civic has the largest front windscreen. The cost of the front windscreen film (v-70 model) cost 11+. I put the same one at the back. That cost another 8+. The v-70 has 73% visibility and 99% UV and 93% Infrared. Solar radiation is cut 63%.

I've just been out on another long drive and it works really well. Especially while driving in the mornings with the sun directly in front of you. I used to get rashes in my hands and sweat a lot. Now I don't have that problem. Even after parking the car in the sun for sometime, the steering wheel is not hot. The car does get heated a bit, but that's due to it staying out in the sun for a long time and radiation from the roof also.
Could you please post the details? The ones you got for the sides? The VKool head office in Mumbai quoted 36k for the Civic with V70 for front, rear and sides.
swarooppatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 08:01   #604
Senior - BHPian

Your rates are head on.

I was charged 36500/- for VK-70 all over. I would suggest VK-70 in the front and the Diamond series top end film for the rest. The rate difference is only 1500/- and I was told it was marginally more effective (although much darker - 43%). I decided to do VK-70 all over because I like the airy feeling in the Civic cabin and the dark tints would ruin it.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 15:34   #605
Senior - BHPian

got sun guard HP charcoal 52 installed on palio for 3800(sides+rear+top of the front windscreen) ..... installation was done at Xenos shop on mount road chennai, they have pretty decent place to install the film and took around 3 hours, front windscreen was also 3800 .......
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 15:42   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarooppatil View Post
Could you please post the details? The ones you got for the sides? The VKool head office in Mumbai quoted 36k for the Civic with V70 for front, rear and sides.
I did a V70 for front and V93 for all the rest for my Palio 1.6 at the Vkool near the Juhu aerodrome and all for 15,000 Rs. I know it is a small car but it can't be that the surface area of the glass in the Civic is more than 2 times that of the hatch but I could be wrong. Also you are only putting V70 on all the sides and not the top end so quite surprised at the quotation.
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 15:50   #607
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone post first hand experience of front windscreen film for getz? How much is a fair price to pay and which are the preferred brands?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 17:27   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Your rates are head on.

I was charged 36500/- for VK-70 all over. I would suggest VK-70 in the front and the Diamond series top end film for the rest. The rate difference is only 1500/- and I was told it was marginally more effective (although much darker - 43%). I decided to do VK-70 all over because I like the airy feeling in the Civic cabin and the dark tints would ruin it.
Thanks ImmortalZ...Me too wanted to go for the V70 all around coz I don't prefer the dark ones and secondly also as the car is carbon bronze...BTW any idea how Llumar fares..they quoted 20k for AIR75 front and AVS60 sides and rear, and 15.5k for AIR75 all over.
swarooppatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 18:07   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
I did a V70 for front and V93 for all the rest for my Palio 1.6 at the Vkool near the Juhu aerodrome and all for 15,000 Rs. I know it is a small car but it can't be that the surface area of the glass in the Civic is more than 2 times that of the hatch but I could be wrong. Also you are only putting V70 on all the sides and not the top end so quite surprised at the quotation.
According to the dude who installed the sun film, Civic has the highest glass area across just about every segment. It is very much possible the glass area is twice.

Also, absolutely no idea about any VK-93. Doesn't exist on their website. It might make a big difference if its a low end film. VK-70 is the top end for transparent films.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 19:05   #610
Senior - BHPian

Fixed Garware Ice cool shield - Original- for 2600. Its got a 5 year waranty. The nighttime headlight glare from oncoming vehicles is greatly reduced and so is the heat from the sun. The overall transparency is good too. Im quite happy with the product.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 14:59   #611
BHPian

I put Llumar AIR for the windshield of Palio MJD with 70% visibility. Cost Rs. 3500. For side I used Black with 50% visibility and for back again 70% visibility. Total cost Rs. 4800. The dealer for Llumar in Hyderabad did the job. I am very happy after the job. I drove to Bangalore and the entire day I was driving facing sun. The interiors were not at all hot. Plus there is drastic reduction in the glare in the night. I am very satisfied and would recommend film for windshield.
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 21:41   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Fixed Garware Ice cool shield - Original- for 2600. Its got a 5 year waranty.
Did you paid any thing extra for Installiation ? Today I talked with the person and he is asking 2820 With BILL/Warranty/Installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
I put Llumar AIR for the windshield of Palio MJD with 70% visibility. Cost Rs. 3500. For side I used Black with 50% visibility and for back again 70% visibility. Total cost Rs. 4800. The dealer for Llumar in
3500/- Cost for your Windscreen only right ? Did they charge any thing Extra and does this comes with with Bill and warranty ?
Sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 00:36   #613
Senior - BHPian

Yes the Civic has the highest glass coverage area unless you bring a Volvo bus into the picture. Also the cost of the film is not for the exact area but rather for the wastage also.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 01:05   #614
BHPian

Got the front windscreen film on my car installed for 1500 bucks because the area is too little for Amby,the glare cutting at night is just awesome.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 17:08   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Did you paid any thing extra for Installiation ? Today I talked with the person and he is asking 2820 With BILL/Warranty/Installation.

3500/- Cost for your Windscreen only right ? Did they charge any thing Extra and does this comes with with Bill and warranty ?
The shop gave me a warranty card, stating it is good for five years. I also got a bill. They didn't charge me anything extra for fitting etc. I am really happy after the film is fixed. It has greatly reduced the heat inside. I experienced it recently while I drove from sun up to sun down facing sun. It was quite tolerable. In fact, during several intervals I switched off AC.
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote