Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 18:10   #1231
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 648
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

After installing Front windshield sunfilm, Can we paste and remove stickers(appartment,office), since these stickers are changed every year. or it an absolute no no?
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 20:35   #1232
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
After installing Front windshield sunfilm, Can we paste and remove stickers(appartment,office), since these stickers are changed every year. or it an absolute no no?
I have kept my windshield clear of stickers after the front sunfilm install. I liked it that way - clear of clutter!

For parking stickers, I stick a transparent polythene sheet on the sticky side and keep 'em on the dashboard.
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 22:05   #1233
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

For parking stickers, I stick a transparent polythene sheet on the sticky side and keep 'em on the dashboard.
or stick them on the driver/front passenger sunvisor
Twiny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:04   #1234
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
After installing Front windshield sunfilm, Can we paste and remove stickers(appartment,office), since these stickers are changed every year. or it an absolute no no?
A method that I have seen abroad, and seemed to work is as follows.
Peel off the release paper. Stick the front portion of the label with adhesive to 'cling' film (the type that is used at home to wrap foodstuff)with extended borders (1"). Press the cling film to the screen and firmly remove the air bubbles if any. The sticker will remain in position and is easily removable as required.
ZeroThoughts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 14:04   #1235
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hi Guys

I just got VKool installed on my car and was very disturbed with the final results. The installation was done at Reliance Autozone Gurgaon Ambience - and it was disastrous!

1. During installation of front screen film, they somehow managed to uproot the rear-view mirror. The housing is not properly sitting on the base and the clip inside is broken. Reliance took full responsibility for this since I happened to come down and check the car.

2. While trying to re-fit the mirror, they managed to scratch the Gearshift wooden console! There is a deep dent in the shape of a flat screwdriver head! It is ridiculous! This they refused to take any liability on stating it could have been there from before!

I calmly told the manager that I will not be paying for the film until and unless both issues are resolved/fixed/parts changed. This discussion took the better of 4 hours and around 9 pm, I realized there is no way these idiots are going to let me walk out of there. Having taken a summary of the events on their letterhead, signed by the manager & assistant (stating mirror was their fault and scratch could or could not have been)- I paid the bill and left (Friday 930pm - June 11th). I intend to take this issue up with their senior management and just wanted to bring this to your attention. DO NOT GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO THIS PLACE! Even though the manager was just doing his job, the staff working here is pathetic.

Having given the film 72 hours to dry/set, there is a ridiculous amount of bubbles visible + scratches on driver/passenger window. The windows were not opened for almost 24 hours as advised but the scratches have emerged nonetheless.

I need advise and your help on the below.

1. Is it VKool staff only who are authorized to install their films?
2. I will be sending out a nasty mail to Reliance AZ and want to include VKool as well but need to know the extent of their liability in this.
3. Will they change the film because of the bubbles? Front & rear windscreen + 2 side doors are ridiculously 'bubbly'.

Any help and advice appreciated.
Speeding@160mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 16:00   #1236
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Hi Guys

I just got VKool installed on my car and was very disturbed with the final results. The installation was done at Reliance Autozone Gurgaon Ambience - and it was disastrous!

1. During installation of front screen film, they somehow managed to uproot the rear-view mirror. The housing is not properly sitting on the base and the clip inside is broken. Reliance took full responsibility for this since I happened to come down and check the car.

2. While trying to re-fit the mirror, they managed to scratch the Gearshift wooden console! There is a deep dent in the shape of a flat screwdriver head! It is ridiculous! This they refused to take any liability on stating it could have been there from before!

I calmly told the manager that I will not be paying for the film until and unless both issues are resolved/fixed/parts changed. This discussion took the better of 4 hours and around 9 pm, I realized there is no way these idiots are going to let me walk out of there. Having taken a summary of the events on their letterhead, signed by the manager & assistant (stating mirror was their fault and scratch could or could not have been)- I paid the bill and left (Friday 930pm - June 11th). I intend to take this issue up with their senior management and just wanted to bring this to your attention. DO NOT GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO THIS PLACE! Even though the manager was just doing his job, the staff working here is pathetic.

Having given the film 72 hours to dry/set, there is a ridiculous amount of bubbles visible + scratches on driver/passenger window. The windows were not opened for almost 24 hours as advised but the scratches have emerged nonetheless.

I need advise and your help on the below.

1. Is it VKool staff only who are authorized to install their films?
2. I will be sending out a nasty mail to Reliance AZ and want to include VKool as well but need to know the extent of their liability in this.
3. Will they change the film because of the bubbles? Front & rear windscreen + 2 side doors are ridiculously 'bubbly'.

Any help and advice appreciated.
Buddy, you're decision to get the job done at Reliance Gurgaon is the prime mistake. Sunfilms should be installed in broad daylight and Reliance Autozone has neither access to natural light nor the artificial lighting is adequate enough, this is the reason behind Bubbles supplemented by poor worksmanship. Reliance Autozone is no competition to other local accessories shops, who know their business better than Reliance. The guy responsible for Sunfilms wasn't confident of the product specs and thank God, I didn't get any work done from them.

Vkool has its authorised outlet in Rajendra Place, New Delhi and it advisable to get the job done from them. Vkool isn't available locally as 3M/ Llumar/ Garware etc. are and should be installed by Vkool's authorised outlets. No matter how big a name of the store be but if the installer is a novice, then a hefty sum goes down the drain. Vkool's liability is only limited if they provided you with a poor quality film, which isn't the case here as Reliance's worksmanship is the culprit. Get hold of Reliance Autozone guys.

Last edited by tsk13 : 14th June 2010 at 16:02.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 00:07   #1237
BHPian
 
Xehaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 845
Thanked: 74 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
A method that I have seen abroad, and seemed to work is as follows.
Peel off the release paper. Stick the front portion of the label with adhesive to 'cling' film (the type that is used at home to wrap foodstuff)with extended borders (1"). Press the cling film to the screen and firmly remove the air bubbles if any. The sticker will remain in position and is easily removable as required.
Thats a excellent method. Thank you for the information. I think it will help a lot of people if they come across this little pice of info.

@Speeding@160 - You should get V-Kool put only at authorised outlets. They will have no responsibility in your case. With regards to the bubbles, when my brother had gotten V-Kool put in his car, it showed up a few tiny bubbles which were hardly noticable, but they had promised to change the film if there were any problems when he was buying from them...And that is exactly what they did & made sure it was put perfectly. The film lasted without any problems till we sold the car.

Last edited by Xehaust : 15th June 2010 at 00:12.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 12:10   #1238
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

does anybody have the contact details for V-kool india? I need to check on Reliance Autozone's authenticity.
Speeding@160mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 10:20   #1239
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,749
Thanked: 89,399 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Hi Guys

I just got VKool installed on my car and was very disturbed with the final results. The installation was done at Reliance Autozone Gurgaon Ambience - and it was disastrous!
You took the Audi to a Reliance Autozone!! Why on earth would you do that? For such cars, it is best to visit specialists. An official VKool outlet would have been best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
does anybody have the contact details for V-kool india? I need to check on Reliance Autozone's authenticity.
Choose India on their global website
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 10:34   #1240
Senior - BHPian
 
blueraven316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,109
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
3. Will they change the film because of the bubbles? Front & rear windscreen + 2 side doors are ridiculously 'bubbly'.

Any help and advice appreciated.
What kind of bubbles do you see ? are they air bubbles or water collected in bubbles between the film and glass ?

If it's water it will dry out, that happens to most metalised films, they take time to dry.

If they are air bubbles anything bigger than a pen dot, the film has to be replaced if they cannot make them go away by pressing.

EDIT : I think VKOOL service in Delhi / Mumbai is decent, here is bangalore it's run by a bunch of con artists, they have goofed up installs and warranty claims for a lot of dealers. It's as good as buying grey market paying official price.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 16th June 2010 at 10:37.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 14:59   #1241
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

@GTO - thanks for kicking me when i'm down! The factory is right next to the Mall where AZ is - dropped the car off during lunch, finished the day and came back. Couldn't imagine for the life of me that they could mess up so bad.

@blueraven - the bubbles on left side are pretty big (think rs 5 coin!) The windshield/sides/back have a ridiculous number of tiny (pen tip) size specks which are hardening up now. + scratches which I was most shocked about!
Speeding@160mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 16:14   #1242
Newbie
 
prabh1602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@Speeding@160mph - I think I read your post just in time. The Reliance Autozone guys had me convinced that they had the best installers and I should only get my sunfilms fitted there.

I no wonder if they treat an Audi with such disregard, what kind of workmanship would they shower on my Ford.

And on that note, can anyone suggest good dealers/installers for 3M and Garware sun films in the NCR area? I am too new to the city and do not want to end up regretting my choice of installers.

If you've had a good experience, please let me know. I'll be willing to drive the extra mile just to get a good fitting.
prabh1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 10:38   #1243
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabh1602 View Post
@Speeding@160mph - I think I read your post just in time. The Reliance Autozone guys had me convinced that they had the best installers and I should only get my sunfilms fitted there.

I no wonder if they treat an Audi with such disregard, what kind of workmanship would they shower on my Ford.

And on that note, can anyone suggest good dealers/installers for 3M and Garware sun films in the NCR area? I am too new to the city and do not want to end up regretting my choice of installers.

If you've had a good experience, please let me know. I'll be willing to drive the extra mile just to get a good fitting.
Auto Marc at Moolchand crossing. Excellent rating on the forum. My experience too has been excellent for other stuff, besides films. Films were not installed there only because he did not carry the particular brand. If he had the brand, would have definitely got it installed there. Super service.
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 14:04   #1244
BHPian
 
Wind splitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 123
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Where in Bangalore is the best place to get VKOOL or 3M installed for windshield (Punto)?

What options are available in VKOOL for windshield and what would be the price?
Wind splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 23:17   #1245
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

There is a V-kool direct outlet in Vellara Junction
Mostly installed Vkool film for windshield is Vkool70, and price will be around 12k.
Twiny is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Falling stone cracks front windscreen Lukeskywalker Street Experiences 32 14th June 2012 14:26
CAUTION!!! Swift Owners installing Front Windshield Sunfilm Pace in Blood Modifications & Accessories 95 23rd June 2011 11:33
New Swift Diesel - Water Leak through front Windscreen and the following messup!!! sam_sant2005 The Indian Car Scene 71 24th December 2010 17:02
Yamaha Rd350 Front windscreen cover bsa1955 Motorbikes 28 18th February 2009 11:51
WagonR front windscreen scratched DCEite Technical Stuff 2 8th July 2008 21:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks