Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 01:46   #1261
BHPian
 
whizzkid_ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 167
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Please ensure the installer does not let the water seep through dashboard, or you may end up like this (CAUTION!!! Swift Owners installing Front Windshield Sunfilm) or this (ABS light on after windshield film installation in elantra).
Yeah dude, I have read it already & will be very cautious. Btw, Any suggestions for my query?

Last edited by whizzkid_ram : 31st July 2010 at 01:52.
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 15:42   #1262
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 133
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

planning for sunfilms on my new punto. The dealer is suggesting ecodrive emminent series (Rs. 4500) for the front and ecodrive sessential series (rs. 3950) for the sides and back.
Is ecodrive a good brand? they have 5 yrs warranty. Should i stick to Llumar or vkool?
where should i get it done from in navi mumbai?
chittybang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 15:46   #1263
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
planning for sunfilms on my new punto. The dealer is suggesting ecodrive emminent series (Rs. 4500) for the front and ecodrive sessential series (rs. 3950) for the sides and back.
Is ecodrive a good brand? they have 5 yrs warranty. Should i stick to Llumar or vkool?
where should i get it done from in navi mumbai?
My experience is that sun films are not THAT effective that we need to spend so much on them. I opted for llumar they work alright, but did not find them any different from my friend's Garware, never tested Vkool so cant comment.

But whatever you choose, DO NOT GET YOUR SUNFILMS DONE IN RAINY SEASON! Wait for rains to subside, in rains the films wont stick well and may cause problems!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 15:59   #1264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 133
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
But whatever you choose, DO NOT GET YOUR SUNFILMS DONE IN RAINY SEASON! Wait for rains to subside, in rains the films wont stick well and may cause problems!
Didnt know that the installation would be affected by rains. I was under the impression that it would be done in an enclosed environment if we get it done from the right people.
chittybang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 15:30   #1265
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Didnt know that the installation would be affected by rains. I was under the impression that it would be done in an enclosed environment if we get it done from the right people.
Well it is just a precaution, after all the film would be just stuck inside and would need some time to get stuck properly, which may not be possible in rains.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 16:29   #1266
BHPian
 
itsmyalto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: Once
Default

Folks,

Just back after getting sunfilms installed. I chose the following at rates mentioned below.

Windshield : Garware Alps - Rs. 3300
Fronts/Rear/Back: 3M RE50 - Rs. 3500

Hope these work well for me.
itsmyalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 21:38   #1267
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default

Has anyone used Huper Optik Klar series films. If yes do they interfere in GPS signals or hamper bluetooth connections between the cell phone and the HU. Also could someone advise where in Mumbai and Delhi can I get the Huper Optik films installed.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 22:32   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Has anyone used Huper Optik Klar series films. If yes do they interfere in GPS signals or hamper bluetooth connections between the cell phone and the HU. Also could someone advise where in Mumbai and Delhi can I get the Huper Optik films installed.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1782134-post1063.html
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 02:42   #1269
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default

Where can i go to see some pictures of the cars that have the CR70 on the front,
3M RE50 on the sides? I understand it is a reflective series, but i have no clue on how the reflective tents look likes on a car. is it that gold coloured tints that are known as these reflective tints?

There is a shade by the name of dark natural / natural ash which i think are the dark coloured shades? but how does on differtiate between the two? the names dark natural/ natural ash do they have these numbers like 50/35/70????

i am lost !
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 06:39   #1270
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,722
Thanked: 581 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
DO NOT GET YOUR SUNFILMS DONE IN RAINY SEASON! Wait for rains to subside, in rains the films wont stick well and may cause problems!
Agree with Anil;it,however, also depends on the installer and how long you don't roll your windows after the job is done.

Even I was apprehensive when I got the film installed in Jul2004 - it was dry when I started off but rains started midway.But the film never gave way-no bubbles,not even a scratch in 5 years.The cops forced the film out(as part of a universal anti-film drive)
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 10:03   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,104 Times
Default

Guys, how about you post some pics of your ride showing the front windshield sunfilm. It would really help us a lot. Inside & outside pics would be simply awesome.
Thanks guys. Expecting some positive response.
Cheers.!
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 18:50   #1272
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,058 Times
Default

Guys,

I have a white Honda Jazz and planning to put a windscreen sunfilm. Budget is around 5000. I have been recommended 3M CR70 by a few BHPians. I have also heard about Garware Icecool series? Anyone has any firs-hand experience with Garware Icecool? Also, I believe there are several models available in the Garware Icecool series. Can anyone recommend a specific brand?

If the Garware Icecool is as good as the 3M CR70, I might go for Garware if it's cheaper. Otherwise, it is the CR70.

Experts, share your opinion please. I have very less knowledge about sunfilms.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 22:54   #1273
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Question about film color change: Sides/Rear I had installed Garware Charcol (not sure 40 or 50) 2years back and it was a light brown shade. But now it is giving a light greenish reflection. I am not sure, if this observation came after installing vkool70 on windshield. Any idea?
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 17:40   #1274
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Guys,

I have a white Honda Jazz and planning to put a windscreen sunfilm. Budget is around 5000. I have been recommended 3M CR70 by a few BHPians. I have also heard about Garware Icecool series? Anyone has any firs-hand experience with Garware Icecool? Also, I believe there are several models available in the Garware Icecool series. Can anyone recommend a specific brand?

If the Garware Icecool is as good as the 3M CR70, I might go for Garware if it's cheaper. Otherwise, it is the CR70.

Experts, share your opinion please. I have very less knowledge about sunfilms.
I believe that one of the members it is either Sahil or platzdaturbo are using Garware icecool shield on their front windscreens. The cars being BMW and Audi A4 respectively. Both have their individual ownership threads on their cars and you can search and confirm for yourself.

EDIT @all

Could some one let me know where to get Huper Optik automotive films in Bombay and New Delhi.

Last edited by khoj : 2nd October 2010 at 17:50.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 22:55   #1275
BHPian
 
razrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
There is a shade by the name of dark natural / natural ash which i think are the dark coloured shades? but how does on differtiate between the two? the names dark natural/ natural ash do they have these numbers like 50/35/70????
Well if I am not mistaken, dark natural is 25% VLT and natural ash is 35% VLT. Not sure though.
razrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Falling stone cracks front windscreen Lukeskywalker Street Experiences 32 14th June 2012 14:26
CAUTION!!! Swift Owners installing Front Windshield Sunfilm Pace in Blood Modifications & Accessories 95 23rd June 2011 11:33
New Swift Diesel - Water Leak through front Windscreen and the following messup!!! sam_sant2005 The Indian Car Scene 71 24th December 2010 17:02
Yamaha Rd350 Front windscreen cover bsa1955 Motorbikes 28 18th February 2009 11:51
WagonR front windscreen scratched DCEite Technical Stuff 2 8th July 2008 21:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks