Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 00:02   #61
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Can better quality of the LED strip be sourced in delhi??
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 00:15   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Thats what we are planning LBM phaaji.

Increasing the gaps between the LEDs and putting better and brighter LEDs.

The work will start tomorrow or the day after and should be ready by Friday / Saturday. ( Will meet smokin soon to check out things )
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 00:26   #63
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post

please hellspawn ,if you don't like it please stay out of it ,do not waste others time and thread too..
If you have some personal grudges then have a face to face or through pm ,do not force the person to do something stupid like you do every time on forum(by posting negative only)

Manveet and other members any suggestions on lights?

P.S. : please mods clear the off topic posts .
Relax...I dont have any personal grudges against you.If you recall our meeting at GYRO was very pleasant.So do not worry,i have nothing against you.
I dont like it is because i have seen your previous work and that was good.This somehow doesnt match up.You can take it as a negative comment or constructive criticism.

@Manveet:I clearly understand what you are talking about.And if you read your own post carefully,you will understand what im talking about. Im quoting your line
They purchase from a "manufacturer "(who could be anybody) and sell it online
The difference is that those lights are being manufactured rather than stock lights being retrofitted.Hope you understand now rather than getting into an argument for the heck of it.And Im sorry that you might have gotten offended with the comparison between lenso's and prestige since you have prestige rims in your city
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 00:32   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Lets see sanyam.
That's what is the hope and the plan.

If we get a better strip, nothing like that.
Else something creative and DIY
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 01:43   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,444
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

How about trying neon wires instead of LED strips? just a thought.
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 09:57   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 585 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
@Manveet:I clearly understand what you are talking about.And if you read your own post carefully,you will understand what im talking about. Im quoting your line
They purchase from a "manufacturer "(who could be anybody) and sell it online
The difference is that those lights are being manufactured rather than stock lights being retrofitted.Hope you understand now rather than getting into an argument for the heck of it.
Dude, Accord Angel Eyes cost 13k, Skoda cost 40k. I think you should be encouraging Smokin' rather than nitpicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
And Im sorry that you might have gotten offended with the comparison between lenso's and prestige since you have prestige rims in your city
Read my posts carefully, I have said that I DO NOT like Prestige irrespective of the fact that I have them on my OHC.

Oh, and I am not offended, but "disappointed" in your posts. They have become exactly like the ones you used to complain about a year ago. For e.g. you are bringing Prestige into the picture simply because you don't sell them at Gyro. Howcome you never compared HiJoin to Lenso? IMO thats because you deal in HiJoin too.

And I think you should gracefully back out of the discussion, especially since its established that you lied about Gyro not selling Lenso :P

p.s.
let's meet up sometime, we have a lot to catch up with

Last edited by manveet : 14th January 2009 at 10:04.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 11:20   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Those Skoda Aftermarket can be sourced for anybody who needs for a little above 25k. I have placed an order for my friends car will post the actual thing when i get these.So now i think its make sense right manveet. And I am sure the prices of these aftermarket ones will come down.

They have just been launched Shipping has also not started yet, Shipping starts from March.

If you remember Swift Aftermarket Lights when first hit the market costed well above 20k, And now you can get these for around 7.5k. Its just a matter of time.

@Manveet: I dont understand how does GYRO and HellSpawn association with it come into the picture here. Let me tell You The story of Lenso's if Abhimanyu allows it, Lensos were being sold by GYRO, they had tied up with its distributor initially but now since the distributor himself has setup a Shop in Delhi, why would GYRO sell that, He will automatically Re-direct you to his new shop. That list which you took from Facebook was framed when GYRO had just opened doors. They were not stocking the Rims, They could get them specially for you.

And regarding the Quality of Prestige as compared to Lenso's well I will keep shut on that, I had Prestige rims on My swift and dont wanna recall anything about that. Forget the finishes of Lenso rims just compare the weight of a Lenso Rim to a Prestige Rim, you will get to know the whole story. And since they are priced the same, I would pick better quality at a same price.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 14th January 2009 at 11:36.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 12:46   #68
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Dude, Accord Angel Eyes cost 13k, Skoda cost 40k. I think you should be encouraging Smokin' rather than nitpicking.



Read my posts carefully, I have said that I DO NOT like Prestige irrespective of the fact that I have them on my OHC.

Oh, and I am not offended, but "disappointed" in your posts. They have become exactly like the ones you used to complain about a year ago. For e.g. you are bringing Prestige into the picture simply because you don't sell them at Gyro. Howcome you never compared HiJoin to Lenso? IMO thats because you deal in HiJoin too.

And I think you should gracefully back out of the discussion, especially since its established that you lied about Gyro not selling Lenso :P

p.s.
let's meet up sometime, we have a lot to catch up with
Just check the date on which that group was started on FB.GYRO isnt going to stock any alloy wheels,and will be ordered for customers if they want it.I recommended lenso's because i like them and not because it has anything to do with gyro.I have hijoins in my car and yes i will not compare them lenso's becasue even HR has good quality.I compared them the lenso's to prestige because they are exactly opposite when it comes to quality.If you have any doubts,weigh prestige rims and then weigh lenso's/hr rims.
So take this as a general personal preference rather than any kind of marketing.
Im not nitpicking,i just voiced my opinion on why i dont think they are a good choice.
I really dont know about you,but if it were me,i wouldn't screw around with lights that cost 33k.
And yes,i will leave this discussion for now,not because i have been proved wrong but because of the famous proverb "Dont wrestle with pigs,because you realise that the pig is enjoying it while you get dirty"

YUp and we shall meet up soon.... give me a call.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 13:54   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 585 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Those Skoda Aftermarket can be sourced for anybody who needs for a little above 25k. I have placed an order for my friends car will post the actual thing when i get these.So now i think its make sense right manveet. And I am sure the prices of these aftermarket ones will come down.

If you remember Swift Aftermarket Lights when first hit the market costed well above 20k, And now you can get these for around 7.5k. Its just a matter of time.
Yep, at 25k makes sense. But I'd prefer 15k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
@Manveet: I dont understand how does GYRO and HellSpawn association with it come into the picture here. ..
Hellspawn brought Prestige into the picture, he compared these to Lenso's, saying Prestige was cheap and not good vs. Lenso which was expensive and good. He then said that I have Prestige so I like them, LOL.

All of us here (including I) agree that Prestige are not good, but they are priced same as HiJoin's (I don't know Lenso pricing) and not so cheap like he said they were. So comparing Smokin's lights to Prestige and the other ones to Lenso was a wrong example, undermining Prestige (a brand he doesn't/cannot sell) and perking up Lenso, a brand he does/can.

The only reason I posted on this thread is that I did not appreciate the strong criticism being belted at a guy trying to DIY, especially from someone in a position to retail the original.

Common man, give the guy a break. He's trying to DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8
And regarding the Quality of Prestige as compared to Lenso's well I will keep shut on that, I had Prestige rims on My swift and dont wanna recall anything about that. Forget the finishes of Lenso rims just compare the weight of a Lenso Rim to a Prestige Rim, you will get to know the whole story. And since they are priced the same, I would pick better quality at a same price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
I recommended lenso's because i like them and not because it has anything to do with gyro.I have hijoins in my car and yes i will not compare them lenso's becasue even HR has good quality.I compared them the lenso's to prestige because they are exactly opposite when it comes to quality.If you have any doubts,weigh prestige rims and then weigh lenso's/hr rims.
Redundant posts. Arrey baba, I HAVE Prestige's on my OHC and KNOW that they are bad, why are you trying to prove it? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
So take this as a general personal preference rather than any kind of marketing.
For general opinion, you should compare HiJoin to Lenso; they are same price as Prestige, and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Im not nitpicking,i just voiced my opinion on why i dont think they are a good choice. I really dont know about you,but if it were me,i wouldn't screw around with lights that cost 33k.
Kitni baar bola that these are Mayapuri type lights, picked damn cheap. NOT for 33k. Thats exactly why I'm wondering why are you getting so worked up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
And yes,i will leave this discussion for now,not because i have been proved wrong but because of the famous proverb "Dont wrestle with pigs,because you realise that the pig is enjoying it while you get dirty"
Hehe. Famous proverbs and all. Been reading sheading aajkal Meri jaan, we now have to definitely meet up. Lemme know if you're at Gyro on Sunday and I'll drop in.


Disclaimer:
I have never met Smokin', don't know who he is or what he looks like. Just appreciate his DIY spirit.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 14:51   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Manveet yaar leave it no fun arguing with someone. It is of no use...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 14:51   #71
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post

undermining Prestige (a brand he doesn't/cannot sell) and perking up Lenso, a brand he does/can.
Umm..its not that i cant sell prestige rims..the fact is that i wouldnt want to be associated with this brand.


Kitni baar bola that these are Mayapuri type lights, picked damn cheap. NOT for 33k. Thats exactly why I'm wondering why are you getting so worked up?
fine bhai..fine..relax
N how much did these mayapuri lights cost??


Hehe. Famous proverbs and all. Been reading sheading aajkal Meri jaan, we now have to definitely meet up. Lemme know if you're at Gyro on Sunday and I'll drop in.
Yup..will be there on sunday..drop in !!



My replies in bold!

Cheers
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 16:40   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Yep, at 25k makes sense. But I'd prefer 15k.

Disclaimer:
I have never met Smokin', don't know who he is or what he looks like. Just appreciate his DIY spirit.
If 15k is what they would have been available for.
I would have personally got them for mine too.
But then its not. So no point debating on the price until its down to that much.

As for Smokin, i like his DIY spirit and job. Despite the fact that he could have sent the lights to the owner as soon as they were made, he told me to test them to check for some faults so that the owner does not complain.

Also after the non liking of the LEDs , he could have removed them altogether, but as the owner wants it, he is doing it and i like his spirit that he wants to make a good design et all this time.

All the best smokin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Manveet yaar leave it no fun arguing with someone. It is of no use...
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 20:52   #73
BHPian
 
smokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: delhi/gurgaon
Posts: 280
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Can better quality of the LED strip be sourced in delhi??

even i am trying that but havent got any positive replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Relax...I dont have any personal grudges against you.If you recall our meeting at GYRO was very pleasant.So do not worry,i have nothing against you.
I dont like it is because i have seen your previous work and that was good.This somehow doesnt match up.You can take it as a negative comment or constructive criticism.
I never said that you have grudges or any problem with me at all
This what i am saying that if our meet was gone fine then why this thing ..try reading your posts from page 1 and i didn't find even one constructive reply from your side ,so what you say on this?

I want to say just one thing remember you saw my santro first day and you told me that these are faults (NEAR IFFCO TOWER)
now after that i overcome my problems and finishing issues with the projectors ..now you can't even face a single problem with them ,but as these were new to me so that's why i tested it with abhinav car,so that if any issues arised those can be rectified easily and the owner doesnt face any problem



Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
How about trying neon wires instead of LED strips? just a thought.
Uhmmm but the glow will change the whole look for sure.


@M4ugr: I would love to get the exact price from you now take it approximately 27k i will pay you advance get me a pair of it for sure.
and mind it it's a deal.
When you want me to send you advance?

@Vrs tomorrow will be starting that one with gaps so that led will be visible at certain points ,lets see what will be the result.


@manveet : thanks for appreciating my effort

Last edited by smokin : 14th January 2009 at 20:53.
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 23:05   #74
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Fitting the neon pipe absolutely straight will be a tough job.The reliability of the neon will be another issue.You dont want to open that light again and again

Its better to look for better quality LED.Try those absolute THIN led kinds strip its laminated on top...err il try and get a pic soon.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 00:00   #75
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post


I never said that you have grudges or any problem with me at all
This what i am saying that if our meet was gone fine then why this thing ..try reading your posts from page 1 and i didn't find even one constructive reply from your side ,so what you say on this?

I want to say just one thing remember you saw my santro first day and you told me that these are faults (NEAR IFFCO TOWER)
now after that i overcome my problems and finishing issues with the projectors ..now you can't even face a single problem with them ,but as these were new to me so that's why i tested it with abhinav car,so that if any issues arised those can be rectified easily and the owner doesnt face any problem
Alright smokin'...never intended to bash your work.Im sorry if it turned out to be that.I apologize for whatever i said and carry on with the good work.Cheers buddy!!!
And im sorry again!
cheers

p.s manveet when i meet you im goin to treat you like this
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Figo Aftermarket projectors and Angel Eyes aries_mavrick Modifications & Accessories 27 11th March 2013 23:22
Ford Fusion - Want to put Angel eyes and body kit wannabe loser Modifications & Accessories 4 10th December 2009 14:24
How to make Angel Eyes nikibusa Technical Stuff 33 3rd February 2009 00:39
My lancer with angel eyes added anku Modifications & Accessories 24 3rd July 2008 02:06
Anyone Has Round Heal Lights(Angel Eyes) Like the BMW For Honda City 1.5 vtec? ollie Modifications & Accessories 26 7th July 2006 17:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks