Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 19th January 2009, 16:22   #1
Default D2 coilovers on a civic

A couple of months back, I upgraded the suspension on my civic to D2 coilovers. The objective was to stop scraping over Bangalore's gigantic speed breakers and also get a slightly more composed ride - personally, I felt that the OEM suspension wallows a bit.
Jignesh gave me a great deal on the kit. It look a few weeks to arrive, but Jignesh kept me posted - no issues there.
The fitment was done by Sharan Jayaram. He and his team did a very patient and clean job of fitting the new suspension over the course of a few hours.
We did a couple of test rides and got the setting for the front pretty quickly. Its bang in the middle i.e. 18 clicks from the hardest or softest setting. The rear took a bit more time. Our initial test rides suggested that something about 11 (towards the softer end) would work. But on a subsequent drive to Palghat, I found that the car bounced around a lot. I firmed it up 3 more clicks and it works fine now. We also raised the car a bit, so no more scraping either. The car feels very composed even at high speeds and turns.
many thanks to all the posts on this forum for helping me figure out a solution to my initial problems and of course to Sharan and Jignesh for getting me kitted out.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics. I am not sure whether Sharan did.
surfatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 16:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Check out these threads, they might be helpful

Vikram's Civic Mods

Civic Suspension Mod (Improving Honda Civic handling)
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote