Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th May 2009, 13:29   #136
BHPian

Default Exhaust/Suspensions for the Vtec

Hey guys...My vtech Exhaust and the suspensions have had their life and its time to get them changed. I'm planning to get them done together & would prefer them done at a single source.Thinking of the Koni.
Can you guys suggest me the best place to get them done in Mumbai. From the threads I went through Automech is the one which came up where I can get both done. Looking for better ground clearance and a sporty exhaust note..but maybe not the FFE cause I dont want to get into trouble for the PUC.
But I'm open to all suggestions. Help me out guys....
Sunilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 14:06   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilb View Post
Hey guys...My vtech Exhaust and the suspensions have had their life and its time to get them changed. I'm planning to get them done together & would prefer them done at a single source.Thinking of the Koni.
Can you guys suggest me the best place to get them done in Mumbai. From the threads I went through Automech is the one which came up where I can get both done. Looking for better ground clearance and a sporty exhaust note..but maybe not the FFE cause I dont want to get into trouble for the PUC.
Don't raise the suspension. Will kill the handling. Since your shocks are worn out, you may feel the car is lower but the new ones will get it back to normal height.
No issues with PUC and FFE.

BTW, it's vtec not vtecH
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 14:06   #138
BHPian

You can go to eitther automech or viper, both are good.
Also FFE does not mess with PUC, it is still under limit.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:34   #139
BHPian

Quote:
I'd rather recommend Raj Hingorani's FFE. I'm having it on mine this wednesday, but SYJ already has it and he's all praise for Raj over his previous Automech. I'll let you know my opinion as soon as i get it set.

P.S: You really go by your signature ?

Last edited by di1in : 23rd May 2009 at 20:40.
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 12:09   #140
BHPian

Default not automech

Hi, i would suggest not to go in for automech FFE, i have it installed in my OHC and the build quality is very bad, within a years time the end can broke off twice and now i have found hairline cracks in the headers.Plus the exhaust note is not something you are looking out for.
BTW do keep us posted on your suspension upgrade, ie the costs,parts and other details.Thanks!

Quote:
nc1bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 19:55   #141
BHPian

Default Suspensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
Hi, i would suggest not to go in for automech FFE, i have it installed in my OHC and the build quality is very bad, within a years time the end can broke off twice and now i have found hairline cracks in the headers.Plus the exhaust note is not something you are looking out for.
BTW do keep us posted on your suspension upgrade, ie the costs,parts and other details.Thanks!
Thanks maan. I just got an estimate from one on my known garage for the suspensions overhauling and he quoted me 30K including labor and worn-out parts replacement. Now with this cost should I go in for the overhaul or go in for the stock replacement.
Does anyone have an idea of how much will a good branded suspension set (such as Koni) will cost?? or where do I get them quoted from.

I just came across asite of KJ Engg at Prabhadevi who do Performance mods. Does anyone know about them.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:20   #142
BHPian

@Sunilb - 30k is a very high amount for a suspension job for the OHC.

Refer to these threads - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-queries.html (Lowering the OHC and other suspension queries)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...it-solved.html (OHC Suspension Problem EDIT : Solved!)
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 13:49   #143
BHPian

Default Suspensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Yeah thats what I thought so did not go ahead...but he charged me 2K as labor for the operation!!

Thanks Ankit for the links. I went through them. In one of them I saw your overhaul cost breakup and I suppose u spent ~15-16K which is no way around my quote.

In the other thread Viper mentions that Koni does not offer shocks for the OHC which I go by his word. But thats bad news since then the only option left are the standard shocks. I really wanted to grab this opportunity to get the Koni Sports shockers under my car and wanted to avoid the standard ones.

Now I'm planning to get a quote from the Linkway Honda (Saki Naka) make a comparative study and then decide as to which way to go. But that would happen only a month later since I'm back in Dubai and will be back in July. Will keep details posted.

But if anyone thinks that my car has a chance to get some better performing shockers then please advise.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:24   #144
BHPian

You're welcome Sunil. 2k just to check and give an estimate? Rip off!

Suspension work should cost you 15k odd.

If you want better handling for the OHC - go for stiffened shocks with original springs (you can even get aftermarket springs like Manveet did).

Add front and rear strut braces to this, it will improve the handling to an extent.

Last edited by ankitahuja : 26th May 2009 at 15:28.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:23   #145
BHPian

hey, Honda will qoute 30k for the suspension overhaul. i had an estimate done from them for my vehicle. I dont think your garage guy is a rip-off.The OEM parts will be costing that much!

Quote:
Yeah thats what I thought so did not go ahead...but he charged me 2K as labor for the operation!!

Thanks Ankit for the links. I went through them. In one of them I saw your overhaul cost breakup and I suppose u spent ~15-16K which is no way around my quote.

In the other thread Viper mentions that Koni does not offer shocks for the OHC which I go by his word. But thats bad news since then the only option left are the standard shocks. I really wanted to grab this opportunity to get the Koni Sports shockers under my car and wanted to avoid the standard ones.

Now I'm planning to get a quote from the Linkway Honda (Saki Naka) make a comparative study and then decide as to which way to go. But that would happen only a month later since I'm back in Dubai and will be back in July. Will keep details posted.

But if anyone thinks that my car has a chance to get some better performing shockers then please advise.
nc1bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 19:13   #146
BHPian

Default Suspensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
You're welcome Sunil. 2k just to check and give an estimate? Rip off!

Suspension work should cost you 15k odd.

If you want better handling for the OHC - go for stiffened shocks with original springs (you can even get aftermarket springs like Manveet did).

Add front and rear strut braces to this, it will improve the handling to an extent.

Actually they are Maruti Authorised Service workshop so their labor charges would be high obiviously.
But anyways I would try to work out doing the way you suggested. Let me check if the same guys can do the job.
My car is still with them cause they are getting the Engine foundations replaced. The car was vibrating a lot on idling due to worn out foundations. Also getting the timing belt replaced since its clocked 95,000kms.
Old 27th May 2009, 15:26   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Actually they are Maruti Authorised Service workshop so their labor charges would be high obiviously.
But anyways I would try to work out doing the way you suggested. Let me check if the same guys can do the job.
My car is still with them cause they are getting the Engine foundations replaced. The car was vibrating a lot on idling due to worn out foundations. Also getting the timing belt replaced since its clocked 95,000kms.

Hi Sunil
If you are somewhere around Bandra I suggest you check out with Paul Auto garage too he is excellent in his work & trust me no hanky panky with him at all.
IF you need further details of his garage PM me.

Rgds
Mustafa
cancerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 15:47   #148
BHPian

Default Suspensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerm View Post
Hi Sunil
If you are somewhere around Bandra I suggest you check out with Paul Auto garage too he is excellent in his work & trust me no hanky panky with him at all.
IF you need further details of his garage PM me.

Rgds
Mustafa
Hey Mustafa thanks for the link. I'm in Oshiwara so wont be that far from there. So will sure try him out. Will PM you for the location.
Actually I was planning to try out 'Oberoi's suspensions' which is also in Bandra. Do you know where exactly it is? KSM-Vtec got his suspensions job done from there.

As Ankit suggested I'm planning to go in for the stiffening of the existing shocks + replacement of the worn-out parts.

FYI - Right now my Vtec is in the garage at the Intl. Airport road opposite Leelas.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:18   #149
BHPian

Hey Sunil - Just thought this would make for some excellent reading.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...130-140-a.html
Old 31st May 2009, 15:44   #150
BHPian

Default OHC Servicing details

Hey Guys,
Yesterday I got my Vtec fully serviced after a long time. I also got the Engine foundations changed to get rid of the idling and startup vibrations. But the results on that front are not favourable. The car still vibrates maybe the intensity must have gone down but does not feel much at the wheel.
Now I'm wondering what the core issue must be..Is it the Suspensions overhauling job which I hung up since his costing was way high?? Any advise?
I'm listing down the details of work done and the cost break-up just for reference.
P.S> I gave it to Zenith Autoworks (Maruti Auth shop)

Cost of Parts/Lubes (INR):
Engine Foundatitions 4nos - 4222
Engne oil - 818
3M Engine Oil Flush - 507
3M Engine Oil Saver - 551
Oil Filter - 198
Air filter - 318
Fan Belt - 393
P/S belt - 414
A/C belt - 441
Coolant - 418
Rust off Zebra?? - 166

Service :
Engine Foundations replacement - 950
Carbon Cleaning - 1950
Injector cleaning - 600
Radiator flushing - 268
Misc Labor charges - 895

Pending jobs :
Suspension Overhaul
Wiper Motor change - Mechanic says it costs 4000/- Any idea?
Timing belt change - odo 95K