Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 13:13   #31
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 887
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
It's an annoying sound of plastic rubbing against plastic and metal. It seems as if the front door panel is loose and rubbing against the side of the dash. I say seems, cause i cannot exactly localize the sound nor can i find loose parts. But this happens after speeds of 40kmph and if the car goes over a bad patch of road.
Sorry Tejas, I have no clue about this since I've not faced anything like that. Get you door alignment checked. Have you seen how an Octavia door is held in place at the bottom? The small rod that goes into the car body?
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 15:36   #32
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,963
Thanked: 4,877 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Sorry Tejas, I have no clue about this since I've not faced anything like that. Get you door alignment checked. Have you seen how an Octavia door is held in place at the bottom? The small rod that goes into the car body?
Thanks. I'll get that checked.

Not noticed the octavia door system.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 13:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,963
Thanked: 4,877 Times
Default Phase 1 complete

Following things done in phase 1:
Carbon clean and spark plugs checked.
Full regular service and lubrications.
Oil change.
FFE (with the custom headers - for the north boys lingo)
Used muffler in mid rather than expansion chamber to cut down on noise.
Throttle body expansion done.
K&N exhaust.
ECU Hard reset.

Next:
Clutch & brakes replacement

Later:
2-3options.. yet to decide...

And last night, without the K&N filter yet attached, i dragged with a VTEC-ANHC at three consecutive signals and left him 2car lengths behind all the three times... that guy felt so bad being beaten my a 8 1/2 year old car!!! hehehe...
But that screwed my clutch for sure...

Pics and cost breakup soon...

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 29th January 2009 at 13:51.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 14:08   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
And last night, without the K&N filter yet attached, i dragged with a VTEC-ANHC at three consecutive signals and left him 2car lengths behind all the three times... that guy felt so bad being beaten my a 8 1/2 year old car!!! hehehe...
But that screwed my clutch for sure...

Pics and cost breakup soon...
Yes please post the pics soon. Are you planning on something like Exedy ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 15:31   #35
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,963
Thanked: 4,877 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Yes please post the pics soon. Are you planning on something like Exedy ?
Nah... OEM replacement.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 16:17   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,406
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default

nice one tejas, atleast after your mind changed and you dropped the plans of selling your state of art OHC. eagerly waiting for the pics.
can you please explain hard ECU Remap. are you experiencing any changes in the way ur car rides after the ECU remap alone?
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 16:23   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

congrats TK. with so much work done, the SCF would have come to good use. but you and i used it on pomfret florentine and cross cafe :-P

anyways listen, whats a hard reset? is it like resetting the ECU in the car to think that everything that's installed NEW is thought off by the ECU as stock?
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 16:40   #38
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,963
Thanked: 4,877 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
anyways listen, whats a hard reset? is it like resetting the ECU in the car to think that everything that's installed NEW is thought off by the ECU as stock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
can you please explain hard ECU Remap. are you experiencing any changes in the way ur car rides after the ECU remap alone?
This is not a remap. It's a reset.

A soft reset is done by just removing the battery terminals for a while to get the ecu to factory settings.
A hard reset is done by attaching the scanner. When the scanner was first attached, it detected a malfunction in the air intake sensor. After the reset via the scanner, this error was gone. the car also drives smoother.
Now, after the reset, i have been asked to drive the car at higher revs so that the ecu "learns" the new driving dynamics and sets itself to that sporty setting...


EDIT: frank are you coming for the mega tbhp OHC meet? i've put your name tentatively. It's this sunday at 1pm at BKC (lunch and photo shoot). go to the below link and confirm:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-thread.html

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 29th January 2009 at 16:45.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 13:56   #39
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,963
Thanked: 4,877 Times
Default

Update:
Clutch replaced.
Gear and engine mounts replaced.
Iridium Sparks installed.
Rear brakes serviced. Front OEM honda brakes put.. temporarily.
Another hard ECU reset in the offing...

Annoying squeak of the door still there. Now a rattle has come up from somewhere inside the dash on the left side. May need to open the dash up...
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 15:42   #40
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 887
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Annoying squeak of the door still there. Now a rattle has come up from somewhere inside the dash on the left side. May need to open the dash up...
Tejas, I got a long list of replacements/repairs/settings done on my OHC in Jan 09. (which included a hard re-set).

Irony is, my car has also developed this strange rattle inside the dash, left hand side. This only occurs when revving real hard, when the engine is vibrating at peak and during heavy back pressure. Same for you?

Btw, I decided not to get the dash opened since the rattle does not come with normal driving.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 15:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,963
Thanked: 4,877 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Tejas, I got a long list of replacements/repairs/settings done on my OHC in Jan 09. (which included a hard re-set).

Irony is, my car has also developed this strange rattle inside the dash, left hand side. This only occurs when revving real hard, when the engine is vibrating at peak and during heavy back pressure. Same for you?

Btw, I decided not to get the dash opened since the rattle does not come with normal driving.
The rattle starts sometimes after crossing 40kmph and sometimes at higher speeds. No fixed speeds.

I'm first gonna just remove the glove box at home and check behind it before i get the dash opened up. And if i do, i'll get the AC serviced as well!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 16:11   #42
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 887
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The rattle starts sometimes after crossing 40kmph and sometimes at higher speeds. No fixed speeds.

I'm first gonna just remove the glove box at home and check behind it before i get the dash opened up. And if i do, i'll get the AC serviced as well!
If it's a loudish rattel, do post a sound clip if you can. Maybe I can identify and rectify the rattle in mine as well.

Good idea to get the AC serviced.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 16:17   #43
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,963
Thanked: 4,877 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
If it's a loudish rattel, do post a sound clip if you can. Maybe I can identify and rectify the rattle in mine as well.

Good idea to get the AC serviced.
It's a good idea about the audio. I'll do that. BTW, isnt the wiper motor mounted somewhere in that area? I suspect some part of that assembly to be loose.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 16:20   #44
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 887
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
It's a good idea about the audio. I'll do that. BTW, isnt the wiper motor mounted somewhere in that area? I suspect some part of that assembly to be loose.
Wiper motor is under the hood and on the RHS, in front of the streering.

It's the AC components that are under the LHS of the dash.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 18:22   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Update:
Clutch replaced.
Gear and engine mounts replaced.
Iridium Sparks installed.
Rear brakes serviced. Front OEM honda brakes put.. temporarily.
Another hard ECU reset in the offing...

Annoying squeak of the door still there. Now a rattle has come up from somewhere inside the dash on the left side. May need to open the dash up...
Congrats! You're going for EBC braking right? Pads or rotors or both?
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
Performance Exhaust & some other mods for the Honda CR-V 2.4 AT indra_slk Modifications & Accessories 26 28th August 2014 12:00
Honda Unicorn - Cosmetic and Performance mods - please give your views (Pics on Pg 9) rider60 Motorbikes 155 29th August 2013 14:02
Performance Mods For City iDSI Vishesh Modifications & Accessories 37 24th May 2009 01:16
76mm Honda performance pistons, baleno performance cam & NOS kit for sale. mclaren1885 Shifting gears 6 16th September 2007 14:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks