Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th April 2009, 14:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

These Contessas are a delight to the eyes.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 14:16   #47
BHPian

Looks like these Contis have been restored by the OVERHAULIN team!
sandeep.mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 21:20   #48
BHPian

Hi Kanwar,

Your car looks good. I noticed from the pic of the engine bay that your air intake hose is cut and dangling close to the exhaust manifold plate (Hot Air intake). Please find the full length piece if it is available or can help you find a used one. One that the engine will breathe cold air and has obvious reasons to do so. Also it will reduce the intake noise.

I can see it is a DL car and so the previous owner must have left it so for typical cold start of the Isuzu Diesel engine since it will get ambient air during winters than frozen moist air. I would suggest the original layout if it is possible to achieve it.

Cheers

Mike
Miyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 11:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
Hi Kanwar,

Your car looks good. I noticed from the pic of the engine bay that your air intake hose is cut and dangling close to the exhaust manifold plate (Hot Air intake). Please find the full length piece if it is available or can help you find a used one. One that the engine will breathe cold air and has obvious reasons to do so. Also it will reduce the intake noise.

I can see it is a DL car and so the previous owner must have left it so for typical cold start of the Isuzu Diesel engine since it will get ambient air during winters than frozen moist air. I would suggest the original layout if it is possible to achieve it.

Cheers

Mike
Hello Mike,
Thanxz for the concern, i am already in search of some dedicated CAI system like GREEN or K&N. In summers specially the engine bay heats up very much due to ambient temperature touching 35degC outside. Still figuring out the best position to intake the air which is isolated from the engine hot air surrounding. the stock CAI position is towards right hand side just behind the headlamp, but it is not an ideal position also, since the hot air under the bonnet circulates and somehow gets into the intake pipe. Can you suggest best place to intake the air ?

regards
Kanwar
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 11:20   #50
BHPian

OK….
As far as I have seen air intake layouts in Conti’s, I have seen the layout where the intake hose extends into the radiator shroud and this is mostly in the petrol variants. I have also seen a layout where it gets into the wheel-well side wall from the engine left side and is common with the diesel variants.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:13   #51

Default Contessa Modds

Guys Just for the note:-
I could have done a much better job/my customer wouldn't allow me to go retro. tried my best to go with round lights like the old 70's mustang-he desperatly wanted to have a new generation look. Once its final is out will post the clear pics.
Alteration Taken place
All body parts-Doors/bumpers/fenders/bonnet/ etc even sun roof too.
Attached Images

roadntrack is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:13   #52
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
convertible contessa lookalikes :
Contessa's if converted will look more muscular than the orange one...
RJ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:41   #53
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadntrack View Post
I could have done a much better job/my customer wouldn't allow me to go retro. tried my best to go with round lights like the old 70's mustang-he desperatly wanted to have a new generation look. Once its final is out will post the clear pics.
Alteration Taken place
front end looks cool & shading is fine,nice job
but my opinion on the the boot design isnt that great, that too the side fenders from top to the decky are not soo good to luck as well the tiny dimension exhaust tips being lengthy.
Rj555
RJ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 08:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
front end looks cool & shading is fine,nice job
but my opinion on the the boot design isnt that great, that too the side fenders from top to the decky are not soo good to luck as well the tiny dimension exhaust tips being lengthy.
Rj555

I too go with RJ555s comments...the rear doesnt look good.

Anyways good body work
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 12:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
OK….
As far as I have seen air intake layouts in Conti’s, I have seen the layout where the intake hose extends into the radiator shroud and this is mostly in the petrol variants. I have also seen a layout where it gets into the wheel-well side wall from the engine left side and is common with the diesel variants.
Dont you think, if the intake is routed towards wheel side, it has the chances of stalling the engine in case of water getting suck in.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 17:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadntrack View Post
Alteration Taken place
Colour, front end and sides upto the c-pillar looks good after that, confusion on whether it's a coupe / fastback...
sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 20:31   #57
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
@Kanwar- Hi dude. You from Jalandhar. First your I.D said Indore .Pls post interior pictures of ur ride
Yeah i am native of Jalandhar, but now working in Indore.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-07052009217.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009219.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009220.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009222.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009225.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009227.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009221.jpg  

The King is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 22:20   #58

Finished work on her a few months ago, shes a 1988, 1.8 litre with an exhaust made from scratch. Lots of stripes but i couldnt resist, not much body work except the a little extension off the front end, mirrors i got off a friends enfield. I dont have a good enough picture of the interior but its a two tone white and brown, with the seats exactly the same way they were, without the head rests and no curves on it whatsoever and thats as comfy as it gets i tell you.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-dsc02278.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dsc02233.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dsc01846.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th August 2009 at 22:23. Reason: Readability, please avoid.... typing... like .... this.... Thanks
'88tessa is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 09:06   #59
BHPian

Kudos..!!!! Nice to see another piece of art and a worthwhile effort on wheels. Join the club and hope to see you soon.
Again, a fantastic job…!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 25th August 2009, 14:01   #60
BHPian

Ah. nice to see this thread coming back to life

Wow.. nicely done '88tessa. Liked the front extension but wondering wouldn't it hit the speed breakers? Also, liked the chrome lip on the wheels

Fantastic work over all Please do upload some pictures on the interiors, would like to see!
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote