Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 14:14   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 952 Times
Default

These Contessas are a delight to the eyes.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 14:16   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Looks like these Contis have been restored by the OVERHAULIN team!
sandeep.mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 21:20   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 202 Times
Default

Hi Kanwar,

Your car looks good. I noticed from the pic of the engine bay that your air intake hose is cut and dangling close to the exhaust manifold plate (Hot Air intake). Please find the full length piece if it is available or can help you find a used one. One that the engine will breathe cold air and has obvious reasons to do so. Also it will reduce the intake noise.

I can see it is a DL car and so the previous owner must have left it so for typical cold start of the Isuzu Diesel engine since it will get ambient air during winters than frozen moist air. I would suggest the original layout if it is possible to achieve it.


Cheers

Mike
Miyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 11:55   #49
BHPian
 
The King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: JALANDHAR
Posts: 41
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
Hi Kanwar,

Your car looks good. I noticed from the pic of the engine bay that your air intake hose is cut and dangling close to the exhaust manifold plate (Hot Air intake). Please find the full length piece if it is available or can help you find a used one. One that the engine will breathe cold air and has obvious reasons to do so. Also it will reduce the intake noise.

I can see it is a DL car and so the previous owner must have left it so for typical cold start of the Isuzu Diesel engine since it will get ambient air during winters than frozen moist air. I would suggest the original layout if it is possible to achieve it.


Cheers

Mike
Hello Mike,
Thanxz for the concern, i am already in search of some dedicated CAI system like GREEN or K&N. In summers specially the engine bay heats up very much due to ambient temperature touching 35degC outside. Still figuring out the best position to intake the air which is isolated from the engine hot air surrounding. the stock CAI position is towards right hand side just behind the headlamp, but it is not an ideal position also, since the hot air under the bonnet circulates and somehow gets into the intake pipe. Can you suggest best place to intake the air ?

regards
Kanwar
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 11:20   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 202 Times
Default

OK….
As far as I have seen air intake layouts in Conti’s, I have seen the layout where the intake hose extends into the radiator shroud and this is mostly in the petrol variants. I have also seen a layout where it gets into the wheel-well side wall from the engine left side and is common with the diesel variants.
Miyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:13   #51
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: KOTTAYAM
Posts: 12
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Contessa Modds

Guys Just for the note:-
I could have done a much better job/my customer wouldn't allow me to go retro. tried my best to go with round lights like the old 70's mustang-he desperatly wanted to have a new generation look. Once its final is out will post the clear pics.
Alteration Taken place
All body parts-Doors/bumpers/fenders/bonnet/ etc even sun roof too.
Attached Images
        
roadntrack is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:13   #52
BHPian
 
RJ555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 95
Thanked: 11 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
convertible contessa lookalikes :
Contessa's if converted will look more muscular than the orange one...
RJ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:41   #53
BHPian
 
RJ555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 95
Thanked: 11 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadntrack View Post
Guys Just for the note:-
I could have done a much better job/my customer wouldn't allow me to go retro. tried my best to go with round lights like the old 70's mustang-he desperatly wanted to have a new generation look. Once its final is out will post the clear pics.
Alteration Taken place
All body parts-Doors/bumpers/fenders/bonnet/ etc even sun roof too.
front end looks cool & shading is fine,nice job
but my opinion on the the boot design isnt that great, that too the side fenders from top to the decky are not soo good to luck as well the tiny dimension exhaust tips being lengthy.
Rj555
RJ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 08:37   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
front end looks cool & shading is fine,nice job
but my opinion on the the boot design isnt that great, that too the side fenders from top to the decky are not soo good to luck as well the tiny dimension exhaust tips being lengthy.
Rj555

I too go with RJ555s comments...the rear doesnt look good.

Anyways good body work
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 12:25   #55
BHPian
 
The King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: JALANDHAR
Posts: 41
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
OK….
As far as I have seen air intake layouts in Conti’s, I have seen the layout where the intake hose extends into the radiator shroud and this is mostly in the petrol variants. I have also seen a layout where it gets into the wheel-well side wall from the engine left side and is common with the diesel variants.
Dont you think, if the intake is routed towards wheel side, it has the chances of stalling the engine in case of water getting suck in.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 17:56   #56
BHPian
 
sats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadntrack View Post
Guys Just for the note:-
I could have done a much better job/my customer wouldn't allow me to go retro. tried my best to go with round lights like the old 70's mustang-he desperatly wanted to have a new generation look. Once its final is out will post the clear pics.
Alteration Taken place
All body parts-Doors/bumpers/fenders/bonnet/ etc even sun roof too.
Colour, front end and sides upto the c-pillar looks good after that, confusion on whether it's a coupe / fastback...
sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 20:31   #57
BHPian
 
The King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: JALANDHAR
Posts: 41
Thanked: 15 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
@Kanwar- Hi dude. You from Jalandhar. First your I.D said Indore .Pls post interior pictures of ur ride
Yeah i am native of Jalandhar, but now working in Indore.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-07052009217.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009219.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009220.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009222.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009225.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009227.jpg  

Contessa Classic-07052009221.jpg  

The King is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 22:20   #58
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Finished work on her a few months ago, shes a 1988, 1.8 litre with an exhaust made from scratch. Lots of stripes but i couldnt resist, not much body work except the a little extension off the front end, mirrors i got off a friends enfield. I dont have a good enough picture of the interior but its a two tone white and brown, with the seats exactly the same way they were, without the head rests and no curves on it whatsoever and thats as comfy as it gets i tell you.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-dsc02278.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dsc02233.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dsc01846.jpg  


Last edited by Jaggu : 24th August 2009 at 22:23. Reason: Readability, please avoid.... typing... like .... this.... Thanks
'88tessa is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 09:06   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 202 Times
Default

Kudos..!!!! Nice to see another piece of art and a worthwhile effort on wheels. Join the club and hope to see you soon.
Again, a fantastic job…!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Miyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 14:01   #60
BHPian
 
?ushk@r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Posts: 293
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Ah. nice to see this thread coming back to life

Wow.. nicely done '88tessa. Liked the front extension but wondering wouldn't it hit the speed breakers? Also, liked the chrome lip on the wheels

Fantastic work over all Please do upload some pictures on the interiors, would like to see!
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Starts : Contessa Classic Restoration TwinHead Technical Stuff 38 10th March 2014 15:15
Modified Vauxhall Victor (aka Contessa Classic) faster than Bugatti Veyron VeyronSuperSprt The International Automotive Scene 2 29th September 2013 21:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:58.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks