Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2012, 13:24   #301
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Slightly OT, but is there a separate thread that summarizes how to wax? I mean, the whole sequence of some of the reliable brands to be used (Jopasu, Shampoo, Pre-wax, Clay Bar and then the actual wax)?
I read somewhere that Eagle One has a no rinse shampoo, not similar to ONR but an actual shampoo that does not need to be rinsed.
Old 29th April 2012, 23:28   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Slightly OT, but is there a separate thread that summarizes how to wax? I mean, the whole sequence of some of the reliable brands to be used (Jopasu, Shampoo, Pre-wax, Clay Bar and then the actual wax)?
You need to search this thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-guide.html

To summarize -
clean dust - wash - clay - wash (optional to clean clay residue) - rubbing compound (depending on paint condition) - sealant - wax

BTW, taking care of the tire will complete and make your car beautiful. A detailed car, clean and wet looking tire with cleaned wheel well compliment the hard work done on the car exterior body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post
Thanks Honda Monk, well in that case, will the result of collinite 845 won't last even 1 or 2 car washes, since it is not detergent proof?
C845 applied properly easily lasts more than 1-2 car washes, provided quality car shampoo is used and not any detergent/washing powder to wash clothes. It's not that as a car owner we use washing powder like s.excel, ariel ... to wash car but one has to make sure what the local car washing centre is using.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:39   #303
BHPian

Posting some pics of my car after one session wid Collie 845
This was the 1st time i waxed anything .procedure followed was
Car wash with sonax shampoo.. dry off.
another mild dust removing wash with water spray.. dry (my parking is hell dusty)
Shake collinite like anything.
Apply panel by panel using terry cloth applicator pad
Buff and polish panel by panel after avg 20 min hazing period
Voila ... not exatly mirror shine but I am pleased
Did not use clay as brand new car and not much driven around.

Any experienced collie handler/detailer please comment If i did anything wrong

pic

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-good5.jpg

pic

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-good7.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th December 2012 at 09:25. Reason: One logical post
hungrygamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 17:56   #304
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Waxed my car with Collinite 845 on last Sunday. On Sunday, the water was beading well. My car is parked in the open and its raining properly in Mumbai. Noticed the beading to be significantly reduced from Monday itself. Is this common or is the Mumbai rain causing the Wax to be ineffective?

Other users, can you share your experience with Collinite in Mumbai kind of rains?
Old 11th July 2012, 18:41   #305
BHPian

I had washed, clayed, polished black car and then finally topped it with Collnite nearly 40 days back [In Pune]; last 2 weeks i was in Mumbai.. staying at Resort next to the sea.. the car did not get washed in my entire stay and was used everyday between the resort and office through rain and finally got a wash this sunday.. the water still beaded a bit.. i am quite impressed with the product

More than Collnite i am actually impressed with FinishKare as a daily detailer !!
Old 11th August 2012, 23:07   #306
Senior - BHPian

I want to source ONR car wash. Auto-mall website is down and the listing is unavailable in ebay. Any idea where I can procure this? Buying online would be convenient.
Old 25th August 2012, 08:35   #307
Senior - BHPian

I sourced a 1 Pint can of Collinite 845 through a friend from the US, but he lost the applicator. Where can I source one from?

Using a microfibre cloth to apply the wax leads to a lot of wastage.
Old 25th August 2012, 10:00   #308
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I sourced a 1 Pint can of Collinite 845 through a friend from the US, but he lost the applicator. Where can I source one from?
You may be able to get one from Sanjay. Else, use a simple sponge powder puff or disc. When I got my first lot there was no sponge in the pack, so I used a small sponge disc (about 4-5" in dia).
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 15:54   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

Using a microfibre cloth to apply the wax leads to a lot of wastage.
Here's a link to the Meguiar Applicator sponge pads, have bought a pack & can vouch for the quality, great product & seller too.

Buy 2 Set-Meguiar's Gold Class Applicator Pad(Pack Of 4) Each - Autofresh

For cheaper option, try this http://www.autofresh.in/washing-spon...20-97810718885

Hope this helps.

Last edited by samsag12 : 25th August 2012 at 15:58.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 18:56   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Else, use a simple sponge powder puff or disc.
That's a great idea. I will ask my wife to pick one or flick it from the dressing table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Here's a link to the Meguiar Applicator sponge pads, have bought a pack & can vouch for the quality, great product & seller too.
Thanks for the link samsag12. A pack of two at a lesser price would have been a no brainer.

Last edited by deetjohn : 26th August 2012 at 18:58. Reason: Fixing the Quote.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:12   #311
BHPian

My colinite 845 was delivered today with applicator pad and a towel plus a perfume free gift. What I want to know is that will be shortly taking delivery of a black cruze- when do I need to use this product? Immediately or wait for some time as the car will come with teflon coating.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:37   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
What I want to know is that will be shortly taking delivery of a black cruze- when do I need to use this product? Immediately or wait for some time as the car will come with teflon coating.
First of all congrats on the 166PS Cruze Rocket.

Secondly there is nothing called Teflon coating on cars. Its just a marketing gimmick by dealers to fool customers to milk more money from them.

845 is one of the most durable wax even better than Teflon gimmick, why go in for Teflon. Mostly cars these days remain in stockyard for long and given amount of time, paint gets cured to the surface. So you can wax the car as soon as it arrives. Or you could give a months gap after purchase to go in for waxing, so as to have fresh paint cured to the surface.

Have a go though the 3 links provided in the following post. Should help you out in detailing.

Link.
Old 30th August 2012, 16:58   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
My colinite 845 was delivered today with applicator pad and a towel plus a perfume free gift. What I want to know is that will be shortly taking delivery of a black cruze- when do I need to use this product? Immediately or wait for some time as the car will come with teflon coating.
Can you let me know from where to order?
Old 30th August 2012, 18:05   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Can you let me know from where to order?
Check with Sanjay from Bringing Best Impex - Reliable seller. Send across a mail or call him directly. Details available in 'Contact Us' section of http://www.bringingbest.com/

Mods : I am, in no way associated with the above mentioned seller, except the fact that I have purchased from him a couple of times. Just quoting for reference.
Old 30th August 2012, 18:20   #315
BHPian

I got it from eBay , the packing was good and delivery was fast. Collinite and jopasu ready- now where is my black pearl your Caption Jack Sparrow is waiting .......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks