Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th February 2009, 13:04   #1
BHPian

Default Roller blinds for innova's rear window

Hi everyone,

Since i had taught that applying sunfilm on rear window of a car which has defogger would damage the conductor metal on the rear window.

So, when i taught of looking for alternative for sunfilm i came across the roller blind for rear window, usually these roller blinds would be present on luxury cars.

If any one have installed or have any idea where these roller blinds are available for innova in bangalore, do post your comments.

Regards,

Shekar
Somashekar.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 14:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

just get sunfilm. as long as its installed properly its not problem. it wont affect the defogger.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 14:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
just get sunfilm. as long as its installed properly its not problem. it wont affect the defogger.
OK I have sun film of visibility / transparency 50 but still need roller blinds at times so anyone knows where to get them ? The legal requirement is to put 70 film at the back but as 70 and 50 look similar visually from outside I went
for 50 (Traffic police does not have lux meter )

I feel sun blinds on sides and back will be more effective while driving in Summer.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 14:09   #4
BHPian

When i went through the sunfilm thread, there many had shared their exp regarding the sunfilm taking off the defogger material from the rear window. If in case the sunfilm gets damaged it would be difficult to replace by peeling it off the rear window would be difficult it seems.

So bit confused, i am planning not to apply sunfilm on the rear window.What u guys say about this?
Old 26th February 2009, 13:21   #5
BHPian

yesterday i had been to showroom to find out if its possibe to us the roller blinds which corolla altis has, with some minor alteration we can use corolla altis's roller blinds.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:53   #6
BHPian

However, wouldn't roller blinds completely block the visibility?
I feel sunfilms would be the way to go. Since they would not block the visibility as well. I have seen many cars with defogger. My uncle once used to have problem with his defogger due to error prone installation of sunfilm. So better get it done from a proper place/guy.
jayakumarkp is offline   Reply With Quote