Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th August 2009, 07:36   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
@ PaulBarber

" Sadhanam Kayyil Undo?"

for the non mallus, its a line from the movie which PaulBarber gets his name from
Please let non-mallus also enjoy the joke. Translate in english.
sanagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 09:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Please let non-mallus also enjoy the joke. Translate in english.

This is from a popular mallu movie starring mohanlal, this mohan lal is more or less like shikari shamboo in this movie(lalettan Fans please dont hurt me, i too love him) where in he is a CID official and he solves cases through sheer luck, There is a villan character called Paul Barbar who steals a vintage head gear from a museum and takes it to the US, our hero is asked to invistigate this case, They decide to use a code word(CID style) to identify a person they are supposed to meet. so they sue this as a code word "Sadanam kayil oundo" Translates, "do you have the stuff". Here our man Paul Barbar is waiting for his stuff, hence the question. Hope i did not kill the joke
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 10:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

and in the movie they get lost and end up meeting some mallu bad guys who are waiting for another drop. when they ask them the code question, they say yes, we do have it, and hilarity ensues

This explanation is not even half as funny as the movie (its a classic), that's why I didn't bother translating in the first place

Last edited by greenhorn : 5th August 2009 at 10:14.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 16:23   #64
BHPian

Hey Paul,

Any updates
naman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 21:13   #65
BHPian

Hey Paul , I have a getz too, was thinking of going for automech but waiting for ur update & plz tell us the cost involved.
fastraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 11:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBarber View Post
Jignesh had a personal emergency, so there was some delay in the shipping. The replacement FFE was shipped from Mumbai late last week so I'm expecting it to reach Trivandrum some time this week. FFE was fitted and tested on a Getz at Viper's end, I'm expecting it'll be a true bolt-on this time.

I'll update the thread with pics and details as soon as I get the FFE.

Hey Paul,

Its been three months and no updates from your side mate

What happened ? Did you received the FFE ?
naman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 15:31   #67
BHPian

I has recently spoken to jignesh bhai,nice chap. I had called enquiring about a FFE for my corsa. I might get it from him finally.

your feedback with pics would be helpful.

Cheers
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 10:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBarber View Post

I had ordered a complete bolt-on FFE for my Getz from viper. He sent it to me by courier....took a couple of weeks to arrive.
Ooops, now I hope I dont have to wait that long either. I Paid on Oct 26th, ICICI Instant transfer. Viper did have some difficulty sourcing a CORSA so that he could work on the FFE and then courier it to me.

Viper did confirm that he shipped it on 7th November and tha I would get it by 11th November and its 15th November now and still not arrived. I am still waiting..

Viper did tell me, once it leaves from him, things are not in his hands. I beg to slightly differ on this once, may be he should use a reputed/reliable service for delivering outstation !

I was in touch with a courier guy whose number I got from Viper who did nothing but give me false promise that ' sir kal aajeyaga, aaj raat ko train se aagaya hoga'. he said this on 2 consecutive days and I gave up and stopped calling him lol.

A lady called me yesterday (saturday) from the courier company in Mumbai and told me 'sir aapka exhaust kal deliver ho jayega' and i asked ' acha, aap sunday ko bhi deliver kartein hain?' and she said 'haan sir' !

Now, I am really amused that they deliver on sunday too! Let me wait and see. But I hope, I dont haveto wait 3 weeks for delivery as you waited, I would be really unhappy and disappointed. For two thousand rupees more, I could have saved time and got it done locally in Chennai !!

Will update soon.

Cheers
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote