Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th May 2005, 03:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default performance mods for a desiel mahindra jeep

hey guys

firstly how many horses does a desiel mahindra jeep have under its hood. and secondly what are the modifications that can be done to a it .mainly interseted in performance not really interested in cosmetics.and the approximate cost of the modifications.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2005, 11:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Revvtech,

You can forget about any performance from the diesel engines of Mahindra Jeeps (Scorpio excluded). Among other things, the weight, gearing and aerodynamics throw away any potential of the P of performance.

I presume you are talking about the XDP series and they pump our 62 horses.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2005, 18:21   #3
BANNED

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey guys

firstly how many horses does a desiel mahindra jeep have under its hood. and secondly what are the modifications that can be done to a it .mainly interseted in performance not really interested in cosmetics.and the approximate cost of the modifications.

Rev
Hi,

The most you can do to your car is put a performance K&N filter. Be prepared for a loud suction sound from the hood. It will improve your top end. The other thing you can do is fit a diesel NOS kit which I can supply you with. It will cost approx 40k. Pm me if interested.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2005, 18:40   #4
BHPian

rev if your budget permits try and pick up some aftermarket engines. I know of a Mahindra MM540 running on a toyota diesel engine. Maybe you can get some written off scorpio engine from the insurance guys if you have good contacts.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 01:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

hmmmmm

forget it then.so basically theres nothing that you can really do to it.so i guess ill have to just put up with a set of good alloys with a good music system and maybe a dvd player.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote