Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2013, 19:12   #16
BHPian

Default Re: AC servicing in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Couple of days back when i switched on my car's AC (it was after a long time), i found the cooling to be very slow and very low. I say low in the sense that the air coming out of the vents was not much cold. I tried today also and noticed the same thing today as well.

Also, if i go to the mechanic and tell him to service the ac, will that be enough? What all specific things can i ask that person to check?

All and any help appreciated.

Cheers
Amitoj
It sounds a lot like the gas is low or possibly even empty. Firstly, if everything else is running fine (fan at normal speed, engine rpm rises when ac is on etc) the most likely culprit is the gas. If something else is not working properly as should be, then get everything else checked. Of course gas might be empty due to a leak, or just through use, but if that is all, it is easy to resolve.

Another more remote possibility is the thermostat is kaput and is cutting in as soon as you switch on the ac. Not very likely because mostly it works the other way (never cuts out), but technically possible.

If you go to a decent ac mechanic, you just need to tell him what the problem is and ask him to fix it. Advisable to be there when the work happens
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 19:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
It sounds a lot like the gas is low or possibly even empty. Firstly, if everything else is running fine (fan at normal speed, engine rpm rises when ac is on etc) the most likely culprit is the gas. If something else is not working properly as should be, then get everything else checked. Of course gas might be empty due to a leak, or just through use, but if that is all, it is easy to resolve.

Another more remote possibility is the thermostat is kaput and is cutting in as soon as you switch on the ac. Not very likely because mostly it works the other way (never cuts out), but technically possible.

If you go to a decent ac mechanic, you just need to tell him what the problem is and ask him to fix it. Advisable to be there when the work happens
The query was asked in 2005. He might have sold the car by now.
I just revived the thread to ask about AC servicing in bangalore.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 19:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Haha. Right you are. Sold that zen, bought OHC, sold OHC. In between also bought i10 for my wife and sold that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
It sounds a lot like the gas is low or possibly even empty.
The diagnosis and advise is still solid though

I did end up going to one of the shops in Vasanth Nagar and they just refilled the gas. Rest all was quite fine, if i remember correctly.

I think its worth the trip from Marathahalli to Vasanth Nagar.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 19:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My bad. Didn't check the date of the post.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Thread closed as the car has been sold. Alternate thread exists here (Bangalore : Please suggest a Good Workshop to repair A/C).
Closed Thread