Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th April 2009, 03:12   #151
BHPian

i know how to do what you intended in above post Jomz
sorry i cant let out how to flash series ECU dont bother PM-ing me also. i cant let that out

but yes as they say i am done with this thread. this thread is already dirty and i am not going to make things worse here.

by the way ETAS INCA is too costly for any of you guys to play around with. forget it!
let the brickbats continue!!

cheers!
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 04:34   #152
BHPian

I've a copy of ETAS INCA. what use is the s/ware without the corresponding Hardware?

Cost is 2000$ just for info. Bought last week for a project in college.
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 10:28   #153
BHPian

Why go through all this hassle? The remapping can be done by easier methods but that i cannot let out here!! probably the established tuners here in banglore might be knowing of it if not they should hire proper hands from europe thats the best option
Old 7th April 2009, 18:33   #154
BHPian

Rather than just changing Pulsewith duration and changing the signal from the rail pressure sensor.. How much possiblities are there if we can change it the OEM way??

Something which I could think of
1, Overiding the emission controls map
2, Overriding the Free accelaration smoke limitation map
3, Increasing fuel quantity and rail pressure
4, calibrations for accelarator pedal position for each driver.

Well the possiblities are limitless

You should share how to do this on a production ECU rather than talking about Useless TKU's in your head- and that too which could be properly used only for ETK enabled ECU's. Or elaborate on the hassless method of tuning. Since the so called "hassleless way" is not bosch related you can tell that in public.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:45   #155
Senior - BHPian

Jomz & Sameel - Now both of you don't start please!!

Its obvious both of you know something about fuelling and common rail systems. Why don't you complement each others knowledge and help the build out - we honestly welcome any and all the help we can get!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 20:15   #156
BHPian

I know its heavily OT but dude seriously, grow up!! I ain't one of those who beat AROUND and not Behind the bush!!! I am sure you know that very well by now!

Again, what makes you feel that this was directed towards you!!

I thought you knew very well how to distinguish between a flywheel and a pulley!! Unless otherwise!!

If there are things which you think should be mentioned between only a closed group of ppl and are for a "few selective eyes only", then refrain yourself from posting it over here!! Better send them a PM.

I was trying to learn a couple of things here when the bashing started and went on pages after pages.. taking the real idea of this thread to somewhere else!! This coaxed me to post! This is an open forum and I have the full right to express!! so I wrote whatever I felt!!

About my vtec!! dude, I need not be Ichishima San to know why my engine is overheating!! My radiator cap has gone kaput!! hence no pressure being created so improper flow of coolant = overheating!!

Before mentioning the words "Blown / destroying an engine" please be clear of your knowledge as to what a "blown/destroyed" engine means!!

Lets stick to the topic here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Shrey, if you want to say something say it directly than beating about the bush. Why don't you go back to figuring out why your VTEC is overheating and try to make it to track next time than poking your nose into something that doesn't even remotely concern you? If you feel like, kindly add something valuable to this thread. Yes, we might all be having bookish knowledge, but atleast we aren't going about destroying engines .

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 7th April 2009 at 20:34.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 20:47   #157
BHPian

Sorry for the mix up!! What I wanted to say is "I ain't one of those who beat around the bush!!

Mods request you to edit that line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I know its heavily OT but dude seriously, grow up!! I ain't one of those who beat AROUND and not Behind the bush!!!!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 7th April 2009 at 21:04.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 22:40   #158
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Rather than just changing Pulsewith duration and changing the signal from the rail pressure sensor.. How much possiblities are there if we can change it the OEM way??

Something which I could think of
1, Overiding the emission controls map
2, Overriding the Free accelaration smoke limitation map
3, Increasing fuel quantity and rail pressure
4, calibrations for accelarator pedal position for each driver.

Well the possiblities are limitless

You should share how to do this on a production ECU rather than talking about Useless TKU's in your head- and that too which could be properly used only for ETK enabled ECU's. Or elaborate on the hassless method of tuning. Since the so called "hassleless way" is not bosch related you can tell that in public.
yeah right!!

now i know abput your knowledge level !!

point 1 & 2 . overriding those two maps will only cause trouble!! go figure yourself! i cant believe you made a blunder post like this!

point 3
what does the petes box and all other tuning boxes including the P-tronic boxes do??

increase pulse width( its only on gen 1 ECUs in others they do pressure modulation) - in effect increase feulling! and the rail pressure thingy??!! any idea how much R&D goes into building an accumalator which can hold 1600bar( gen 1) and 1800bar( gen 2 ) pressurised diesel for injections @ peak power output rpms ?? and here is a guy who says to just increase the rail pressure?? what an idea?? are you hell bent on blowing up the rails

do you even have an idea what the safe rail pressure overlimit measure is about??
what about the CRDi pumps. the pumps will be heavily loaded to maintain the higher rail pressures!! and yes these pumps and rails are obscenely expensive and what about the regulating valves?? you really think the max pressure limitation algorithm followed by the regulators( i aint using generic terms. not interested in trouble) if altered wont load the regulators??
do you have any ideas on how that algorithm works?
dont post such useless posts and misguide people!!

point 4. search the threads there was some stuff available like this for the laura .It requires a drive by wire system. Atleast one sensible point bravo!!

@ KB100. couldnt hold back after seeing such a blunder hahaha.
Old 8th April 2009, 04:57   #159
BHPian

Dude... Chill.. I asked you to elaborate on the hassleless way on modifying- once you elaborate that the customers can decide on which maps they want to change. If you can do that in the production ECU (which I believe you can) the Petes box and whatever other boxes can be made redundant. That was my point rather than nitpicking on my examples

Well.. since anyway you asked

What are the issues you forsee if I override emissions map and FAS map?? Do you know that they Check only FAS for emissions.. And does not have any effects on reliablity? If there are any issues in reliablity if Emissions map and FAS let me know. Be specific on the issues of reliablity. Don't tell me that I know.K??? I make that clear that I don't care about emissions.

Don't be 2 sided sameel - you told the RD ECU increases rail pressure. And if you want that done by the ECU everything is going to blow apart?? And do you believe that always the rail is at 1600 bar. By increasing rail pressure - I meant only when the pressure is less than 1600 bar to 1600. If pumps had issues with increasing the rail pressure by modifying the rail pressure sensor- they'll have issues this was too. I request you to tell me what is the difference.

About the regulators- what happens to the regulator if the rail pressure was set to be 600bar at an operting condition and I overide that map to set it to 1600?? Is that a stretch for the BOSCH rail??I should get more fuel right- Tell me about the R&D that goes inside a rail- I don't know about it. Give special emphasis to how much max pressure they tested for and the safety factors involved. If you don't know feel free to say that that is confidential and cannot let out. :-)

Can you tell me how the other boxes know how the safe pressure overlimit is??

Customer oriented accelarator pedal on Laura..?? You must be joking. I don't think EDC16 has that capablity. keep in mind that all available current diesels are drive by wire. If you don't let this be a new info for BOSCH guys.

And one last thing..... Be specific if you say something- don't flood us with jargon. You know why,

Last edited by Jomz : 8th April 2009 at 05:09.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:28   #160
Senior - BHPian

Guys guys guys.... My head is reeling !

The Elantra has an ECU , a Petes Box, and if required a piggy back ECU can be added to it (RDKarthik's or any other that suits)

Now can you guys tell us what can be done with THIS car??
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 12:48   #161
Senior - BHPian

sameel dude go a little easy with your post man. No-one is questioning you about your knowledge or the credibility of the information you posted.

AFAIK I know, jomz dint wake up one morning and starting posting here about all the jargon you are talking about. Everyone 's here to share knowledge and learn from what others post.

Maybe you gotto sit and type with a cool head than jumping guns. I know my opinion aint needed here, I have been a silent spectator and would prefer to learn something from this informative thread than read through ego problems.

Hope you all agree, chill now and continue posting.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 20:10   #162
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This thread has egos running on overboost and excess fuelling
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 22:32   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veishal View Post
What remains to be understood here is that the elantra does not use a variable geometry turbo as stock, i.e, the ECM

would disrespect any amount pressure altered at the pre and post manifold to give any added delivery. A bigger intercooler can never boost

top speed but would marginally help you to gain initial momentum.
I agree that boost controller or big intercooler will not increase the top speed on an elantra, But we installed it for these reasons.

- Big Inter cooler, to keep the engine cooler.
- Boost controller to increase the timing for 0-200kmph. Boost controller works that is all i have to say, otherwise we couldn't have chased a BMW 530d.

Quote:
I suggest the easiest way out with all the mods you have considered minus the

inter coolerand the GREDDY unit remain as it is, would be to just make the expansion chamber of the exhaust [centre piece] free of all the

baffle plates and stainers and weld it back.

Check out this car again and feel the amazing difference it would make to your 0-100 sprint without the complications of the intercoolers and

the boost settings.
The exhaust mod is already done and we couldn't find much of a difference.

Quote:
Have already tried this successfully on a merc 200 CDI 2002 and failed miserably with the intercoolers mods on the older Endeavour [2.5 non

TDCI]. The major factor being that the valves are just not prepared to accept this increase in pressure and have undue load on the cam. The

fun is very short lived and i feel you must seriously reconsider the boost thingy once again.

would be keen to have the opinion of the others too on this with relative experience on complicated irreversible mods.
I have no idea about merc 200cdi nor Endeavour, i can only tell you that fitting an intercooler in diesels is no childs play. We have tried atleast 5-6 times and spent thousands of rupees to get it fitted. Now we know whome to contact and get the things right.

I agree Boost controllers are dangerous if over boosted, one has to know his car limits before playing around.
Satya is running 15% higher boost with no issues for 25000kms.
The beauty of greddy boost controllers are swith it 'ON' when it is required ONLY.

All the mod we have done is reversible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
BTW, what happens to the pete's box which you showed on the last Tbhp meet at GA, Sarjapur? Are you throwing it--> if yes, then let me know the place where you are dumping it, I should be there to pick it up.

(OT: I wanted to call you after the last meet, but could not as I did not have your number. Infact vijay (maverick) also doesn't have your

number. Kindly PM me, if you can!)
I am not throwing petes box for now but will surely sell it when i get a standalone diesel RD ecu.

Have PM'd you my number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Coming back to the topic, where are you guys sourcing your parts from? Greddy Profec and intercoolers?
We know a reliable guy who can get the parts from US.

RD ECU

RD ecu is installed and i am just waiting for the final tuning to be done to it.

Rd Ecu - Increases the rail pressure to give more power and we are not exceeding it more than 1600bar for reliability reasons.
Petes box - Increases the pulse width to give more fuel.
and according to karthik i have to keep both to get the best out of my engine.

This Friday we are going to do these test
- Check AFR when in P1/P2 mode in RD ECU.
- Test it with a v-box for results.
- Test it with HKS air filter and see the power difference.

rippergeo - Regarding the meters i have to talk to karhtik and get back to you and it will take some time.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 10:12   #164
BHPian

Hi Rajeev,

I have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind answering them.

Satya is running 15% higher boost with no issues for 25000kms.
The beauty of greddy boost controllers are swith it 'ON' when it is required ONLY.

Has Satya's car been running for 25k kms with the bosst controller on all the time or sometimes when required?

I am not throwing petes box for now but will surely sell it when i get a standalone diesel RD ecu.
I thought RD had come out with such a standalone ECU according to another thread, which was tested on the Swift diesel? If not, then which one are you using for the tests below?

RD ecu is installed and i am just waiting for the final tuning to be done to it.

Rd Ecu - Increases the rail pressure to give more power and we are not exceeding it more than 1600bar for reliability reasons.
Petes box - Increases the pulse width to give more fuel.
and according to karthik i have to keep both to get the best out of my engine.

IIRC Satya's car with the intercooler upgrade & boost controller did a 7.35 sec 0-100 run tested by dynolicious sometime ago, even with a small error it is still bloody quick. With the addition of RD ECU, how much more gains are you aiming for?

This Friday we are going to do these test
- Check AFR when in P1/P2 mode in RD ECU.
- Test it with a v-box for results.
- Test it with HKS air filter and see the power difference.

Do post the results, should be very interesting. I can hardly wait.

We have tried atleast 5-6 times and spent thousands of rupees to get it fitted. Now we know whom to contact and get the things right.

So do people like me. Drive down to Bangalore

Great job Rajeev & the Bangy guys. Keep up the pioneering efforts.
maverick030581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 12:34   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Has Satya's car been running for 25k kms with the boost controller on all the time or sometimes when required?
I should have been more specific. Satya says he has driven it for 15000km from the total of 25k kms with boost controller ON.
Usually he will not switch it ON in city but in highways yes especially the bangalore-hubli highway which he will be doing often.
Not to forget the number of tests that has been done by many people in bangalore just to enjoy the BOOST.

Quote:
I thought RD had come out with such a standalone ECU according to another thread, which was tested on the Swift diesel? If not, then which one are you using for the tests below?
Standalone for diesels is not yet launched to customers. The one which i am using will just play with rail pressure.

Quote:
IIRC Satya's car with the intercooler upgrade & boost controller did a 7.35 sec 0-100 run tested by dynolicious sometime ago, even with a small error it is still bloody quick. With the addition of RD ECU, how much more gains are you aiming for?
I am expecting 20% gains with just RD ecu but lets wait and watch for the results.
we will not have much clue until and unless we dyno it for bhp figures but one thing for sure is that it will be faster than the current setup.
We are testing it with v-box only so if its more than 1sec less for 0-100, i am happy.

Quote:
So do people like me. Drive down to Bangalore
Great job Rajeev & the Bangy guys. Keep up the pioneering efforts.
You should not find it difficult to drive down to Bangalore in a peted elantra.
Thank dude.

Last edited by brraj : 9th April 2009 at 12:35.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote