Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st August 2010, 11:33   #76
BANNED

the mods looks awesome man, could you please suggest how is that exhaust pipe fitted in the silencer, is it installed, i also want to go for a similar setup, and also share is there any rattling sound coming because of the side skirts.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 13:43   #77
BHPian

There is absolutely no rattling coming from the skirts. It is screwed and stick with some sort of glue with the body.

The tail pipe is a just a aftermarket tail tip that costs 250 rupees. Ofcourse to fit that I had to cut the to a feet length and then you replace it with a straight pipe. This is because the end of the fiesta's exhaust pipe is curved downwards.
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 14:30   #78
BANNED

thansks for the input, i just checked with the ford, it is such a irony that the body kit is avaiable as an accessory for Ikon but not for fiesta, could not understand why so?

Part No: KIT0001
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:07   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
The tail pipe is a just a aftermarket tail tip that costs 250 rupees. Ofcourse to fit that I had to cut the to a feet length and then you replace it with a straight pipe. This is because the end of the fiesta's exhaust pipe is curved downwards.
I got one exhaust tip fitted today in my fiesta silencer, but as you said, the tip is somewhat downwards, what is there for the 1.6S people, is it bend there as well, or is a straight silencer pipe just as you did, or the exhaust tip is a long one,
because of this curve, the exhaust tip is not too visible, which is somewhat defeating the purpose of installation and the shopkeeper told me that he did not have anything long than this one.
Old 23rd August 2010, 00:04   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
Hey GTO. I saw the 1.6s Petefied thread on your suggestion. He has installed a Pete's tuning box.

I've gone one step further and done a superchip for my car. So the BHP has really shot up and the main difference comes from the cold air induction and the FFE.

Suspension is not something I'm looking to do at the moment. The current ones do their job and the lack of curves on Chennai roads that require high cornering speeds don't add justice to the case.

Hey JK.. I was thinking about Kit Up, but in Chennai, I've got my car done at Hi Rev. He does the same job as Kit Up and has a really awesome garage.

But I like the body kit on the white Fiesta that I saw on the Kit Up website. But the general feedback that I got about body kits from people who have them is that they get chipped on speed breakers and then you'll have to replace the entire skirt.

I saw the 1.6s Petefied thread. The car looks good, but I'm really looking for performance on acceleration rather than stopping power and cornering abilities.

I already have a superchip, FFE, Cold Air induction. I'm thinking of a turbo charger in the next 6-8 months.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
You can also remap your ECU & get better brakes with the rotors changed this might help you in pulling more power from that 101 BHP motor without any serious hardware modifiactions and on parallel good stopping power too but this is practical solutions needed in real life.

With projectors one of my known friend had done it in a single barrel and left the other barrel as stock but the results were not that great and rather was awful because of the light is not exactly right on the streets.
sumit_jain_usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:05   #81
BANNED

Here are some of the snaps of the Exhaust tip i installed yesterday, it costed me 800/-, please suggest is the installation OK or i need to make some arrangements to make it more visible,
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Ideas for mods-22082010035.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Ideas for mods-22082010036.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Ideas for mods-22082010037.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2010, 14:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I got one exhaust tip fitted today in my fiesta silencer, but as you said, the tip is somewhat downwards, what is there for the 1.6S people, is it bend there as well, or is a straight silencer pipe just as you did, or the exhaust tip is a long one,
because of this curve, the exhaust tip is not too visible, which is somewhat defeating the purpose of installation and the shopkeeper told me that he did not have anything long than this one.
The exhaust on the 1.6S is completely different from the ones on the other Fiestas. There is no bend. It's just a single piece chrome exhaust with a big end can.

Your exhaust tip looks a lot more visible than before, but not as much as the one on the S.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:48   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The exhaust on the 1.6S is completely different from the ones on the other Fiestas. There is no bend. It's just a single piece chrome exhaust with a big end can.
yes, i checked the same today and the snaps of @capt_rocker fiesta shows the type of silencer installed, i think if i need to have the same, it needs to be changed.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:20   #84
BANNED

@Pr_007, you have also gone for side skirts in your fiesta, could you please suggest that have you increased the tyre size so as to maintain the GC or installing side skirts in existing 1.6SXI with 14" alloy will not make a difference.
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:07   #85
BHPian

There will be no difference. I have answered your question in the other thread. Please read them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-skirts-2.html (Fiesta OEM Side Skirts)
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 11:15   #86
BANNED

is there anything more which can be done on a fiesta, making it more appealing and attractive than the other ones on the road,
Old 27th August 2010, 11:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is there anything more which can be done on a fiesta, making it more appealing and attractive than the other ones on the road,
-Smoke your headlights and taillights.
-Some tasteful stickers. (not Ferrari please)
-Maybe a fake hood scoop as well.
-Racing stripes!!
-Evotion titanium muffler for looks AND sound. The list is endless.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 11:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Make it a sleeper.
It wont catch eyeballs, but boy oh boy will it get you giddy everytime you think of the performance on tap, or when you rocket ahead of some pimped out high-revvin' ricer at the redlights....

mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 11:36   #89
BANNED

Does anyone of the fiestians has gone for a side stickers, if yes please share some snaps, i am looking for some sober stickers, it should be available with ford as well like other car makers.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Make it a sleeper.
It wont catch eyeballs, but boy oh boy will it get you giddy everytime you think of the performance on tap, or when you rocket ahead of some pimped out high-revvin' ricer at the redlights....

I wouldn't really advise this, if its a daily driver.
Fiesta already has good power, so why spend on increasing it ?? Infact most times you your Mileage will drop below desirable limits if done.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote