Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 09:07   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im sure it would. the only reason it puts out more power than the swift d, palio d etc is because it has a vgt turbo. its not the exact same engine as those running in a higher state of tune. also petes hasnt increased the power by too much on this car, only 12 bhp and im sure another 5bhp will be available by putting this box on the 2nd setting.

I agree with what you say. My question really was that the Octy puts out 90 bhp out of a 1.9 Litre engine vs the Linea MJD is a 1.3 Litre unit putting out the same power.

I am sure the MJD is far newer in terms of technology etc., but I mean displacement differential is substantial

No replacement for displacement wala funda

I was firmly interested in the Linea Diesel, just stayed away coz of the 1.3L engine...hope they come out with a 1.6 or a 1.9L option








Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 10:23   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Octavia isn't even CRDi. Not very surprising how it has such low power from all that displacement. The power is very usable though.
ImmortalZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 10:32   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 769
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Linea's tuning chip might be same as Swift's

My guess is that the psi tuning chips for Swift and Linea are same. I say so because when I called the Anil in Bangalore, he was asking another guy if the Swift's tuning box is available and I overheard it.

My email to pete's team also confirms that they have already fit in 40 Lineas. I will do a testing on my car soon just to find out how much it helps in the low end. I'm pretty satisfied with the stock mid-range and I care little how much power it adds as max power is at the 4000 rpm.

I also want to do a 0-100, 0-120, 0-140 timings measurement before I fit the tuning chip. I don't know when I will get chance (and I have another tbhpian who can record for me).
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 11:42   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

i wish there was an option to click a switch on the petes box to switch between sport and city modes.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 15:01   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 224
Thanked: 201 Times
Default

is this thing available only for diesel or it is available for petrol too???. just curious.
drashkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 16:07   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 198
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
do they make these boxes only for diesels? I seriously have no knowledge on the tuning /performance front..
Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
is this thing available only for diesel or it is available for petrol too???. just curious.
The Pete's / PSI box is only for diesel engines.
maverick030581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 20:04   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
My guess is that the psi tuning chips for Swift and Linea are same. I say so because when I called the Anil in Bangalore, he was asking another guy if the Swift's tuning box is available and I overheard it.

My email to pete's team also confirms that they have already fit in 40 Lineas. I will do a testing on my car soon just to find out how much it helps in the low end. I'm pretty satisfied with the stock mid-range and I care little how much power it adds as max power is at the 4000 rpm.

I also want to do a 0-100, 0-120, 0-140 timings measurement before I fit the tuning chip. I don't know when I will get chance (and I have another tbhpian who can record for me).
Rather than doing a 0-100 or 0-120, which is what i did initially, I later found out from the forum that it is better to do a 30-80 or 100 in 3rd and a 40-100/120 in 4th.
That will eliminate variations from one trial to the next because you are not going through the gears. It will be a more easily reproducible measure of performance.
otherwise, there is always going to be a doubt that the timings have changed because you did your gear shifts better or worse.
Its also less strenuous on the drivetrain.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 21:30   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Am amazed Frank you didn't know this till now!
Guess you are spending too much time in the ICE section

Well i enquired about this with peter in dec itself and he confirmed then the same details posted which are posted here now.
40 Lineas already peted,any on T-bhp?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 20:40   #24
BHPian
 
k_shanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: KL - TEN
Posts: 353
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

for petrol engines there are many tuning boxes like race dynamics, tri-phase from viper etc. And for diesel engines the same that of palio might fit.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th August 2009 at 18:53. Reason: Broken quote removed.
k_shanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 21:04   #25
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
a bigger engine would have helped but this engine is adequate enough to cross 80km\hr with ease
The Nano with the 650 cc engine also crosses 80 kmph with ease.
so do the 100cc econocommuter "powerful" bikes
For some people thats enough. Good for them. Good for the linea.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 21:11   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
The Nano with the 650 cc engine also crosses 80 kmph with ease.
so do the 100cc econocommuter "powerful" bikes
For some people thats enough. Good for them. Good for the linea.
yeah for most of the people its enough.
but then statements like it failed to cross 80 or was struggling to cross 80 with 4 people with AC are quite misleading
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 21:23   #27
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
yeah for most of the people its enough.
but then statements like it failed to cross 80 or was struggling to cross 80 with 4 people with AC are quite misleading
Agree, it can cross 80kmph. it can cross 100 and also 140. 160? maybe, it doesnt really matter to me, because I never drive above 120 if I can help it, but the car I'm driving should get to 120 quickly. It helps in staying alive on kerala's 2 lane roads. If I cant overtake quick enough, I'll be dead meat.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 12:22   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 769
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Agree, it can cross 80kmph. it can cross 100 and also 140. 160? maybe, it doesnt really matter to me, because I never drive above 120 if I can help it, but the car I'm driving should get to 120 quickly. It helps in staying alive on kerala's 2 lane roads. If I cant overtake quick enough, I'll be dead meat.
May I ask you one question? Do you think that Swift diesel is quick enough for your driving? If yes, then let me share this. We had Swift and Linea for our team of Kudremukh trekking this weekend. I felt that Linea was a bit quicker, not only in free roads, but also in congested roads and ghat roads. Both the cars were driven such that we left almost everyone on the road behind.

May I rest the case of people claiming Linea as underpowered as just a sh!t? Sure, Linea is not a rocket. Neither is it a slow mover.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Abusive/Foul language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th April 2009 at 18:51. Reason: See note in post
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 12:38   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

I'd say, its a polarized opinion. The Linea is underpowered for some, and good for the others. It's all about the perception. For the people who feel the Linea is slightly underpowered, Pete's box will do the trick. If you expect more than that, still. Then sorry, the Verna makes more sense for you'll.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 17:49   #30
BHPian
 
pradster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 283
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

So, coming back to the thread's motive. Has anyone used the Pete's box in the Linea? would they be kind enough to share their experiences?
Cheers,
Pradster
pradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto / Linea tuning guide? CPH Technical Stuff 15 25th March 2010 15:52
Grande Punto @ 5Lacs, Linea @ 6.5Lacs, Shock Pricing BUSA The Indian Car Scene 273 8th June 2009 13:38
Fiat to delay launch of Linea and Grande Punto ravi@64bhp The Indian Car Scene 199 24th November 2008 19:45
Everybody Needs Somebody (Linea, Grande Punto, Bravo, 500) SumitBahl The Indian Car Scene 21 17th August 2008 13:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks