Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 10th April 2009, 16:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Heating & Cooling Car Seat Covers

Hello All,

We have designed and developed a unique Heating & Cooling Car seat cover, which allows the user to control the temperature of the seat they are sitting on. It works through the Cig. lighter jack. This helps drivers to eliminate the need of using the AC whilst driving alone and also have a comfortable drive.

We are still in development stage and would like expert feedback from all T-BHP members.

How much would be the product acceptable in the market according to you?

How much is the need of such a product, keeping in mind it reduces the need of AC and thus giving us better mileage?

All valuable feedback, queries & questions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!
Old 10th April 2009, 16:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Heating, I can understand, but the cooling part is interesting.

But then, how do you think it will be able to cool effectively? I mean, is this really an alternative to the a/c or a supplement to it? Asking this because, even when using a/c the back is one part which will be slightly warmer.

And is this only for a single person?
Old 10th April 2009, 16:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Heating, I can understand, but the cooling part is interesting.

But then, how do you think it will be able to cool effectively? I mean, is this really an alternative to the a/c or a supplement to it? Asking this because, even when using a/c the back is one part which will be slightly warmer.

And is this only for a single person?
Hi.

As you yourself mentioned, the back is slightly warmer even when AC is on. This helps to get rid of that extra heat from your back and have a constant flow of cool air on your back, thus making driving very comfortable. This absorbs the excess heat or excess cold from your body.
Old 10th April 2009, 19:02   #4
BHPian

So does this imply that there will be fans at the back? Will that be comfortable? What tech are you using? i mean sitting comfort will be paramount.
Old 10th April 2009, 20:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the response H@r$h@l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
So does this imply that there will be fans at the back? Will that be comfortable? What tech are you using? i mean sitting comfort will be paramount.
Wanted to ask the same question, but not sure if this might be something he might want to discuss now, since it is just under development.

But would love to know more.
Old 10th April 2009, 20:49   #6
BHPian

It would be a nice thing to have as I always find my back sweaty and uncomfortable on long afternoon drives. Would like to buy it at a decent price once it is ready.
Old 10th April 2009, 21:50   #7
Team-BHP Support

it will be brilliant and if priced right it will sell like hot cakes in the summer months.
Old 11th April 2009, 10:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

is this a commercial thread? i dont know if it is! but as far as i am concerned, i dont know how much efficient the cooling system for the seat would be, if it is getting its power from the cigarette lighter jack.
some more info on the cooling system would be appreciated
Old 11th April 2009, 10:42   #9
BHPian

Lol, If this product comes out , its should have T-bhp branding on it!.After all , its this site that will do all the necessary R&D
Old 11th April 2009, 10:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

That is what was asked in the OP as to what would be a decent price for this kind of stuff?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
It would be a nice thing to have as I always find my back sweaty and uncomfortable on long afternoon drives. Would like to buy it at a decent price once it is ready.
Old 11th April 2009, 11:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

can u share with us the technology used for cooling system. i hope that you have not used a compressor, condenser, Ac gas etc system.
we can comment only when you share this with us.
Old 11th April 2009, 11:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

thanks a lot for all your responses.

frankmehta, gd1418, absynthguzzler, akshay1234, vivekji05:

the technology is proved, tested and in use already in the mattresses that we have been manufacturing for quite sometime now and exporting to various parts of the world.

Its a convective technology and so there is no coiling or any other gel type element in the cover, only air. SO the user doesn't come in contact with any element except air. There is a small FAN which pulls in air, then the air is converted into warm or cool, and its circulated in the fabric.The technology that does that and the fabric used are both patented by us.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Sounds very interesting however how noisy will these additional fans be or can they be hidden so the noise it not heard with some sort of feed to the seats ?

Quote:
There is a small FAN which pulls in air, then the air is converted into warm or cool, and its circulated in the fabric.The technology that does that and the fabric used are both patented by us.
There was a UK company doing similar things with mattresses and they claimed to have the patent for the idea. They were manufacturing in the UK though.

Last edited by bigman : 11th April 2009 at 14:34.
Old 11th April 2009, 15:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Sounds very interesting however how noisy will these additional fans be or can they be hidden so the noise it not heard with some sort of feed to the seats ?

There was a UK company doing similar things with mattresses and they claimed to have the patent for the idea. They were manufacturing in the UK though.
Several companies across have tried this, but some with gas, some with liquids. We are working with something that is most easily available. AIR. The Fans are very small and they are to be fitted on the rear side of the seat, without any disturbance caused to the passengers on the rear seat.

If possible will upload some pics so everyone here can get a clear idea. But not promising of any pics right now.
Old 11th April 2009, 16:25   #15
BHPian

You can fix a massager too in the seat. I have a car seat massager which has heating function, but I have never seen a cooling seat massager.
Closed Thread