Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd April 2009, 14:56   #31
Awaiting Email Confirmation

does the tarox rotors in any way hamper the working of the ABS system?Was plannin to put the box first and then see if i neeeded a brake upgrade..right now i am fully satisfied with the stock brakes..
1001bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
P.S. Your car is begging for projectors now.
No projectors for me.Some of the reasons being, this is my daily drive and I do a lot of driving around so for me, longer throw,good illumination density is more important on highways which I get with stock headlamps and Osram Nightbreaker bulbs.
Also I know a few people who have had bad experience with aftermarket headlamps. Also I personally have had a horrid experience with HID with my Octy so I am reluctant to go for Projectors and HID

Quote:
The Car looking great Amey, How many inches Drop in height?? Instead of projectors I would suggest bigger rims, may be 16". My Two Cents opinion.
It was ~ 1.5 inch drop. I am happy with 15" Rims, as I mentioned above, its my daily drive so a bit of comfort is needed.

Quote:
Yeah right. Let me put you and Shrivz on the back seat of Vik's Civic and drive you to Goa. You'll have your share of fun too.
You are barking too much these days.Nevermind, once you are back, you will be dealt with aptly.

Quote:
I think shocks might prove better instead of the springs as stiffened springs will make the ride a lot bouncy. I personally was dissatisfied with H&R Springs tested on my Verna and am in constant lookout for after market shocks . Well Koni seems to have released shocks for Swift this month, so swift guys are lucky- checkout the link.Koni: New Product Info - Suzuki Swift
Some more testing yesterday, we did realise that the shocks and these springs are a bad combo, not that the springs are bad but they just dont gel well with the shocks, so removed them and went back to stock springs.

Quote:
The konis came out last month. Bilsteins will be launched sometime this year. I'm waiting for that.
Even peter told me about the Bilsteins but then come to think of it, it doesn't really make any sense to go overboard with this car as it isnt insanely fast and I will be doing some other car as my project car.That will happen later, and that's where all this expenditure would make sense.

Quote:
are these rotors up size or same OEM size?
Same size, just that they are slotted as compared to stock ones.

Quote:
does the tarox rotors in any way hamper the working of the ABS system?Was plannin to put the box first and then see if i neeeded a brake upgrade..right now i am fully satisfied with the stock brakes..
Although my car doesn't have ABS, I don't see why changing the rotors should cause any problems in the functioning of the brake system. Although I maybe wrong.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 21:01   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
The rotors wont affect the ABS system. Stock brakes are fine for stock power. would be fine for the boost you get from the tuning box too, if the tyres are upgraded and combined with ABS. ofcourse, it all depends on driving style too
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 21:30   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
The rotors wont affect the ABS system. Stock brakes are fine for stock power. would be fine for the boost you get from the tuning box too, if the tyres are upgraded and combined with ABS. ofcourse, it all depends on driving style too
tats good news. but anyways doc i think i am goin your way in modding my swift.your thread (My mad Swift) has been a bad influence on me. sorry if i m going off topic.
1001bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 14:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff buddy,better upgrade your shocks and the break pads.that would be a nice stuff, you can play with.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote