Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 19th April 2009, 00:27   #1
BHPian

Talking Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !

Ordered some stuff for my Swift diesel

Will post a report later on when the stuff is installed. In the mean time you guys could help me out a bit, I also plan to change the tyres since they are due for a change.So once all this stuff is installed, will immediately put new tyres.

Currently I am on Michelin Pilot Primacy 195/60/R15. Unfortunately this size isn't available in Michelin PP2 or Continental. I don't want Yoko S-Drives,for that matter would prefer to stay away from Yoko (Ofcourse I can't afford those superb AD07 and the others i don't want )

What should i go for ? I am inclined towards 195/50/R15 Michelin PP2. Are Continentals worth a try ? I would prefer a tyre which is a bit on the sporty side like the PP2, don't really want something comfort oriented.

Also any expert tips while replacing the springs and rotors ?

Mods currently existing on the car,

1) Green Wind Filter + Dynamisation Kit (CAI)
2) Pete's Tuning Box

Lastly, a pic of the lucky girl for whom all these goodies have been ordered.

One last thing, a big thanks to Peter for making all this good stuff available here in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0138-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0139-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0143-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0144-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0145-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0147-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0150-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0151-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0155-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0158-large.jpg  

Some stuff for my Swift VDi just arrived !-img_0159-large.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Amey : 19th April 2009 at 00:31.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 00:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice. Very nice. How about a break-up of prices for the "Stuff" ?

And why not consider Primacy LC. Its available in 195/60/R15. And for all you know, the Yoko A-Drives are tremendous VFM tyres!
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 00:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you can't get 195/60/R15 , use 195/55/R15, dude.
Congrats. You seem to have unloaded some Gandhis at Cochin.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 00:55   #4
BHPian

Awesome dude, but i have just one thing to ask, the suspensions and brakes are extremely good , then why go in for new, performance ones, i dont think the box has increase so much power that your stock setup has become obsolete?
Any ways awesome install and i am sure your handling will increase tremendously, also look at strut braces if you havnt installed yet, they are quite useful.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 01:03   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congrats on the new stuff.
The G88s are brilliant. You'll find out soon enough, they made a huge difference in braking confidence even on my 185/70 R14 Potenza G3s.Have not upgraded tyres yet, waiting for the G3s to wear out a bit more. Tarox is a natural purchase after the tuning box. I'm hoping to get a review of the H&R springs. Want to know if they help with body roll and brake dive. also are these lowering springs? if yes let us know if you face any GC issues. Handling should get even better though.
No expert tips really- just slap them on and have fun.
Check if stock brake pads have enough life in them.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 11:07   #6
BHPian

congrats amey!! that is super stuff man. you are really pampering your ride and thats great. now waiting for a review on the performance of the parts and the cost incurred also.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 11:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Nice. Very nice. How about a break-up of prices for the "Stuff" ?

And why not consider Primacy LC. Its available in 195/60/R15. And for all you know, the Yoko A-Drives are tremendous VFM tyres!
Break up...hmm ,well here it is,

1) Rotors - 23k
2) Springs - 23k
3) Filter - 3.5k

Well as for the tyres, as mentioned above, I am not really looking comfort oriented tyres.Want something a bit more aggressive than Primacy LC,Energy XM1 and so on.
I am not even considering S-Drives, why would I go for A-Drives ?

Quote:
Awesome dude, but i have just one thing to ask, the suspensions and brakes are extremely good , then why go in for new, performance ones, i dont think the box has increase so much power that your stock setup has become obsolete?
Any ways awesome install and i am sure your handling will increase tremendously, also look at strut braces if you havnt installed yet, they are quite useful.
I never said that I got this upgrade because the Box boosted power so much that the stock brakes and suspension can't take it.Infact I have driven almost 25k Kms with current brakes+suspension setup & the box. I am not sure about others, but I don't like the Swift's braking a lot. I always get a feeling as if there is something missing and I am of the opinion that the braking can be improved, hence this first step. If I am happy with stock brake pads, great or else, I will start hunting for good pads.

As for the Springs, well even though the suspension setup is good and the car really handles quite well, I have observed that with 2-3 passengers at rear, the rear does become soft and she does bounce a bit which I dont like. Hence thought of going this route. Also improved handling is something I wouldnt mind at the cost of a bit of ride quality.

As for the struct braces, wouldn't mind trying it IF at all I find something good.

Quote:
If you can't get 195/60/R15 , use 195/55/R15, dude.
Congrats. You seem to have unloaded some Gandhis at Cochin.
Nitrous anna,
You sure 195/55/R15 is available in PP2 ?

@ Rippergeo,
Will keep you updated about my opinion about the upgrades once the install is done and I drive a bit.
As for Brake pads, I dont think there would be much left in them since they havent been replaced ever and the car has already run 50k Kms.
Old 19th April 2009, 11:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow Amey.
Congrats.
Great investment.
Seems you are loving every bit of the DDiS experience.

Have these been installed.
Reviews please.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 12:03   #9
BHPian

Man thats awesome.

WHy didn't you go for the brake pads also? May be next time.right?
Are those all installed or sitting there to be installed?

Please do a review after you install these on your babe.WE will be waiting for that.

Last edited by jithudigitised : 19th April 2009 at 12:07.
jithudigitised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 12:20   #10
BHPian

The Stuff arrived 2 days back but I was out of station and returned yesterday night. Since today is Sunday, my workshop guy would be closed and hence the install will happen only tomorrow.

Can't wait to get all these goodies installed :P
Old 19th April 2009, 12:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man! Really yummy stuff there! Looking forward to some comprehensive reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
If I am happy with stock brake pads, great or else, I will start hunting for good pads.
Quote:
As for Brake pads, I dont think there would be much left in them since they havent been replaced ever and the car has already run 50k Kms.
Would suggest you replace the pads soon to something that would work well with those rotors. Doesn't seem right mating a 50k+ kms old brake pad with such a good rotor!

Quote:
You sure 195/55/R15 is available in PP2 ?
I don't think 55 profiles are available in PP2s. Not as per Michelin's website anyway:
Michelin India - Pilot Preceda 2
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 13:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Would suggest you replace the pads soon to something that would work well with those rotors. Doesn't seem right mating a 50k+ kms old brake pad with such a good rotor!
[/url]
New pads have already arrived at the garage. Just that right now I would be using Suzuki original pads(The Japanese ones). I will not be using the current pads, they will be replaced along with the Rotors.
Old 19th April 2009, 14:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

I would need a TD when i come down to mumbai / pune.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 14:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

that's some awesome stuff amey. hope the fellow who's putting all of this in your does a great job. is this an experienced fellow? and what about a new ECU instead of the box now. you can put up the box on sale and you will get a good price for it. anyways your warranty has been voided, might as well go the whole hog! use the new suspension upgrades to the max by getting the new ecu!?
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 15:54   #15
BHPian

I am happy with the power i have right now, don't really need more right now.Also I don't think a remap would give any more bumps from what i already have right now.

To squeeze out more power i guess i would need a bigger turbo,bigger intercooler and then an ECU remap or something which I dont think I would do right now. Firstly dont have spare cash to blow on it right now and this is still my daily car so need her to be reliable.
Might do engine mods later on but not now.

@ Abhinav, anytime dude but do you REALLY want TD of a car much much slower than your monster ???