Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th May 2009, 13:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Along with this the maintenance part , as got news that we need to change engine oil (synthetic) for every 2k kms.
No,absolutely not..oil changes at 3k or 4k depending on abuse.And what boost the car is running also decides when to do a oil change.This is how I maintain my cars.Some will want to go by the book,then its every 4k

Karan
KS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 14:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

The 11 lacs is for the conversion only or the total including the car , I have heard a lot of different prices for such conversion, some as low as 4Lac for the setup.
dinar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 15:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Oh a reply atlast,I was wondering all sorts of questions and still not answered.Nice of you KS and i had read in one of your earlier posts also that you did not have a love for the keyboard due to time shortages.Can you please itemise the Job and costs involved as i hope this area of the forum would be a ready reckoner for all mods in future.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 16:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Oh a reply atlast,I was wondering all sorts of questions and still not answered.Nice of you KS and i had read in one of your earlier posts also that you did not have a love for the keyboard due to time shortages.Can you please itemise the Job and costs involved as i hope this area of the forum would be a ready reckoner for all mods in future.
ram
Thanks Ram, atleast u know that my time shortage is the reason for not liking the keyboard...
11 laks is for the evo 4,which would include the indian lancer.I will had over the keys to u.U will only have to get urself some tires.The reason I dont put the rubber on is that many people have their prefrences on tires,so i let them buy the tire.I will only suggest,but will not enforce.When u are ready to make an evo,we can talk in dept at that point of time.The price of the evo will be different a few months later...forex fluctuations

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The 11 lacs is for the conversion only or the total including the car , I have heard a lot of different prices for such conversion, some as low as 4Lac for the setup.
I assure u that anything below 9 laks that u buy,u will keep going back to the tuner/painter/builder....I have tried to make it cheap so that many will be able to afford it,but its only a head ache at the end of it all
U get what u pay for!

Karan

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th May 2009 at 22:26. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 7th May 2009, 01:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
I assure u that anything below 9 laks that u buy,u will keep going back to the tuner/painter/builder....I have tried to make it cheap so that many will be able to afford it,but its only a head ache at the end of it all
U get what u pay for!

Karan
just that all the conversion so far [of such kind] had different prices mentioned and the lowest mentioned even in one of the mags was 4 lac for EVO 4 kit,and fitting and not the rest of the stuff like tyres paint etc.so I asked.
The car looks neat in white. awesome job.

Last edited by dinar : 7th May 2009 at 01:52.
dinar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 08:17   #36
BHPian

Very nice, this gives the option to all Lancer fans to have something more modern and fast at the price of a new Civic. What does it put out? 280Bhp? Does it have a speed limiter?

What fuel does one have to run on these cars? Does it run the stock ECU? How easily are the engine and parts available?
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 09:20   #37
BHPian

So what you are saying is that, the lancer + 11 lacs or 11 lacs including the lancer.
Also complete details will really help as i have the thought of a evo in the back corner of my mind.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 10:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

abhay he has clearly said 11 lacs including everything. read post #34.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 12:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Very nice, this gives the option to all Lancer fans to have something more modern and fast at the price of a new Civic. What does it put out? 280Bhp? Does it have a speed limiter?

What fuel does one have to run on these cars? Does it run the stock ECU? How easily are the engine and parts available?
Being a 96 engine...its would be about 200hp.No speed limiter,can run regular fuel,but with 97 its a feels alot lighter and quicker to drive.
Yes it runs on the stock ECM.
When some makes a car with me,i do give them a used car/engine/everything.But when they would need any thing like a belt tensioner,actuator,ball joint,wheel bearings,etc i get OEM Mitsubishi replacement parts from Japan.So over a period of time the wear and tear items are being replaced with OEM parts again.And these are not very expensive when u campare it to a 12 lak car(skoda,civic)
No other tuner can get OEM Mitsubishi parts,for sure!

Nothign really goes bad.The weakest link would be only the clutch,that also if abused alot.

Karan
KS Motorsport is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 12:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No other tuner can get OEM Mitsubishi parts,for sure!
No other tuner in Mumbai , or no other tuner in india?
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 14:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
No other tuner in Mumbai , or no other tuner in india?

I would love to say"India".....but I am trying to be a bit modest
Old 7th May 2009, 15:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

The spolier looks pathetic!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 15:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I agree Panky Ji.
But then everyone has different taste.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 16:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
But i would like to belive that it does its job well, since it is the OE EVO IV spoiler.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 17:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I would love to say"India".....but I am trying to be a bit modest
Dear Karan, fantastic job. it's turned out very nicely.

I would like to disagree with your statement. Afterall we were the first people in India to build this kind of a car, and yes we do have access to OE Mitsubishi parts.

Cheers.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote