Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th May 2009, 21:44   #16
BHPian

awsome man, now i know why people prefer the city V-tec and the lancer MIVEC they can just go fast fast and fast
Lancer.ized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 21:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

that engine snap is a killer! Super list of mods... Guess you set a good benchmark for other tuners.
vineethvazhayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 22:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
1) Why 2 fuel rails & 8 injectors? would't it been much more simpler & less complex with just
1) Walbro 255Lph HP intank fuel pump (Gss 341)
2) one high volume fuel rail
3) 350CC injectors.

I dont see why you would need that much fuel flow in the first place for an NA car.
True, even 240CC should do, but by using 8 injector setup they must have planned something, nitrous may be, which i think Kartik can only clarify. that's why 350CC i posted.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 22:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
1) Custom Blue-printed block, standard bore and stroke
Not to be an a$$hat but blue-printing by definition is custom.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 22:41   #20
BHPian

Oh my giddy aunt! This modification is Off one's rocker. I had heard lot about Wolf's car but never got a chance to look at it. I liked the Dual fuel rails and Custom Individual throttle bodies, with 8 injectors. But like other why 8 injectors? When there is lot of options on 4.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 22:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

@Ford Rocam, vinayvetc, This kind of system is used on High reving NA engines by Honda and most bikes, It's all to do with fuel atomization.
After around 7000rpm the fuel does not have enough time to atomize till it reaches the cylinder and so the second injector bank at the mouth of the intake kicks in and the length of the intake gives the fuel enough time to atomize properly.
In turbo cars this is not an issues as the intake air flow helps the fuel to atomize do to the swirl cause by the forced air.

Last edited by dinar : 5th May 2009 at 22:56.
dinar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 23:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
@Ford Rocam, vinayvetc, This kind of system is used on High reving NA engines by Honda and most bikes, It's all to do with fuel atomization.
After around 7000rpm the fuel does not have enough time to atomize till it reaches the cylinder and so the second injector bank at the mouth of the intake kicks in and the length of the intake gives the fuel enough time to atomize properly.
In turbo cars this is not an issues as the intake air flow helps the fuel to atomize do to the swirl cause by the forced air.
Worlds fastest N.A drag car running 9.9sec E.T with engine doing 10,500 RPM revs have injectors running in stock fuel rail location.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 01:27   #23
BHPian

NA it may be Sub 8 seconds it may do, but just look at that engine bay, that shows a lot of professionalism ,the best performance mod on a car which looks neat and i hope it'll be reliable too .

Still can't take my eyes of that engine bay.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 01:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Its true that motorcycle engines use secondary injectors.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 02:07   #25
BHPian

So the specs are out finally! Eh Ritesh?
I was dying to see the specs but all we could get is the time sheet pasted in your garage. Since you mentioned that you are a part of a race team and cant disclose the specs.
Awesome ride bro!
Where is the air-intake/filter/intake manifold/plenum?

OT:
Guys why is there no info on the web about the B15 series engine? I thought the Indian V-TEC and NON-VTEC engines from Honda are D series engines(D15B7 non-VTEC SOHC and D15B VTEC SOHC) but the engine number on my car always confused me as it starts with B15B9 and as mentioned earlier the Indian VTEC versions are B15C2. But i cant find any info on the B15series.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 04:21   #26
BHPian

Ok with the point Jittu brought up. He's right. A much simpler setup with 4 high flow injectors would suffice along with a single fuel rail. That is unless FI or nitrous are planned.

But FI is NOT on the cards considering it's a high compression setup, so why??
Wait no scratch that even with a FI or nitrous cars do fine with a single set of injectors...I'm confused

Next is this car daily driven? Cuz can someone please tell me what ITBs are doing on there if she's to be DD in Bangy traffic

Clean work though, love the bay, and the ITBs even though I can't figure out their use unless she's a drag car, look AMAZING!
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 04:40   #27
BHPian

@DocG:I believe Ritesh uses the car mostly for drags and races. Infact this might be the first time the specs of his car have been revealed on the forum, and not many people use a 4x1 header set-up for street use.

Found a valid thread to discuss Honda engine codes:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ohc-1-5-a.html

Though i believe it is in the wrong section and should be in Technical Stuff.

Last edited by abhik : 6th May 2009 at 04:42.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 07:41   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice work and lovely engine Secondary injectors should work well towards fuel atomisation at higher RPM. My understanding is that as engine speed increase time available for proper atomisation reduce at the same time intake velocity is high this would shear the fuel along the walls of the TB if it's not atomised properly. The secondary injectors at the back may atomise the fuel better since it gets more duration to mix with the air before it enters cyl head.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 09:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

That is one brilliant build !! Congrats on the great & NEAT work. Now THAT looks like a car which has been worked on by a professional tuner..

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 11:03   #30
BHPian

Finally. It has made it here. Good work by team RD, and an even better initiative by choosing their flagship performer to be showcased on team-bhp with detailed specs, a surprise since most tuners believe in holding their cards close to their chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Worlds fastest N.A drag car running 9.9sec E.T with engine doing 10,500 RPM revs have injectors running in stock fuel rail location.
Can you shed some light on which car you are referring to? World's fastest NA drag cars (in dragster chassis)are all American V8s- they do the 1320 in the range of late 7s to 8s, and don't rev to 10k either.

Coming to sport compacts, and more specifically Hondas- brings Bisi Ezerioha into the picture. And I'm sure you would be aware, he is doing mid 9s with his current setup- a 460hp monster F22A in a Honda Insight body called the Stitch, running ITBs and eight injectors controlled by AEM EMS. Bisi said that it was done in a bid to up the atomisation- and this is from a guy who was using carbs to break into the 10s with his D-series powerd CRX.

Is this the car you are referring to??

Last edited by doomsday : 6th May 2009 at 11:18.
doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote