Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th May 2009, 21:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Wow. Just Wow.

The professionalism gone into the build is evident from the engine bay pic.

@The Wolf: Any specific reasons for sticking with NA and not going the FI route?
To start with, all of us (RD team and myself) have always loved that 1.5l Honda Vtec mill for its capability to deliver more power with each mod, coupled with that is our own personal quest to squeeze every ounce of an NA motor- resulted in us sticking with NA for so long. Morover, isnt it cool to see your NA car beating/closing in on FI yappers each year ? The day we realize that there inst anything more we can do to produce more power on the NA front, we will 100% move to FI and start the whole squeezing game once again........!
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:00   #47
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
To start with, all of us (RD team and myself) have always loved that 1.5l Honda Vtec mill for its capability to deliver more power with each mod, coupled with that is our own personal quest to squeeze every ounce of an NA motor- resulted in us sticking with NA for so long. Morover, isnt it cool to see your NA car beating/closing in on FI yappers each year ? The day we realize that there inst anything more we can do to produce more power on the NA front, we will 100% move to FI and start the whole squeezing game once again........!
I agree with, the old City VTEC is one such machine where you can extract lot of power without going for the FI. If you have seen my signature it was told to me by one of the best tuners in the country.

Wolf Sir, when can I get a drive in your beast? The manifold is like a machine gun, I am sure you will be shooting fuel like how the bullets are fired from AK 47.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:19   #48
BHPian

Man you are one funny creature!! You make me laugh my @$$ off!! Keep It coming bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
I agree with, the old City VTEC is one such machine where you can extract lot of power without going for the FI. If you have seen my signature it was told to me by one of the best tuners in the country.

Wolf Sir, when can I get a drive in your beast? The manifold is like a machine gun, I am sure you will be shooting fuel like how the bullets are fired from AK 47.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 01:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S/O.T: I have an old run of you against Shabbir in the yellow city just side by side racing right through the finish when you just got the better of the other car!
Oh, those days this car was "SLOW". He managed a 16.5sec run.

Wish he could have gotten a timing in Hyd, he was good for a sub 15. Hope things workout well in Bbay.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 02:01   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
I was referring to Erick Agular, N.A using build B18, more details here
ERE race car
Looks like that website has not been updated since early 2003- that was the time when Bisi came on the scene in a B-I-G way and showed what can be done with a single cam, non-VTEC mill with N/A motivation, ending up as the 2003 IRDC all-motor champion.

Since then, he has just broken barriers and never allowed anyone to catch up. More details here:

Bisimoto All Motor Insight - Honda, Insight - TunerZine.com - Your Online Automotive Magazine

(At the time of this shoot he was running twin-webers, now he's moved to fuel injection with individual coil-over-plug setup)

Here's a vid of his 9.57 second pass-

This guy is God, imagine I can't even start thinking of stuff he can do with Bs and Ks. Deep Respect.

Last edited by doomsday : 7th May 2009 at 02:03. Reason: missed quote tag
doomsday is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 04:57   #51
BHPian

Karthik you know ive had my eyes on that car since the time i first heard it revv at the speed run on bombay soil,"RESPECT" to you,sanjay,pavan everyone at RD and riteish for being patient and having faith,the end outcome of a lot of hard work is just one word"BLISS",cheers,happy revvin..!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 08:15   #52
BHPian

Amazing, this is definitely the ultimate NA setup. Everytime, Wolf says "Oh its nothing, just a few innovative ideas", I had a feeling it had to have ITB and full works for that timing. Last time I saw it did not have ITB and probably was in street guise. Pity the guy who tries to take out this one on the streets, smoked will have a new meaning.

Hats off to you guys, I can only imagine the kind of money, time and effort that has gone into this build.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 09:43   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Makes sense now, is there any time delay from switching from primary to secondary injectors? or you switch on secondary first & then shutdown primary?

[/url]
Its a smooth switchover - primary starts reducing injection, secondary starts and then gradually increases, and takes over completely. Its a completely programmable overlap and shift period.
rdkarthik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 13:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Touché.

It's more about personal satisfaction, than the actual numbers themselves.

I'm sure everyone is waiting for the day your car goes bonkers with a turbo/supercharger. (Not that it isn't one in it's current state of tune )
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 01:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Just wondering, what metric are you using to indicate improvement in combustion?
Karthik, maybe you missed this?
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 01:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Finally the cat is out of the bag eh? Fantastic Job Ritesh, RD and RAC. I have admired this car right from day one and this is a clear case of a man in charge , making the right decisions for modifications on the right car with the right tuner support.Its just like a fairy tail, man does this car move. Fantastic mate! Really envy your ride and may you take it to greater heights!

Ritesh, why don't you just right a review on the cars journey till now and things like reliability different setups and those tarmac burning drag runs where nothing really came that close to you.

P.S/O.T: I have an old run of you against Shabbir in the yellow city just side by side racing right through the finish when you just got the better of the other car!
Hey dude, I wouldnt shy to say that you are one of those guys whose seen my car from the time it was bone stock (wasnt that way for more than 2 odd months ;-p)! Yes, I will take time to do a write up on the evolution of my machine, just a little lazy for now... All that wana say in few quick words is that modification scene is pains taking in all respects- its financially pinching, physically demanding and mentally testing......and only the most patient and tolerant ones get to enjoy the sweet taste it brings after having gone the whole 9 yards! I have been through the thick and thin of winning and losing in formal or informal forms of racing. Havent just broken expensive parts and blown tyres but defied physics, destroyed egos, damaged friendships, lost dear ones, faced threats, confronted condemn, bent law, played with life and limb, disgraced civility, stared death in the face...so to name a few, well, for just one thing- to be that guy who they said drives a 1.5L JDM junk! I prove them wrong...

Last edited by The Wolf : 12th May 2009 at 01:44. Reason: wudnt = wouldnt & no mention of street racing please.
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 10:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

hi wolf, at least a picture of the custom seats please??
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 11:16   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Havent just broken expensive parts and blown tyres but defied physics, destroyed egos, damaged friendships, lost dear ones, faced threats, confronted condemn, bent law, played with life and limb, disgraced civility, stared death in the face...so to name a few, well, for just one thing- to be that guy who they said drives a 1.5L JDM junk! I prove them wrong...
Love the way you have put this across and love your ride too.

Hoping to see it in flesh sometime.

Cheers.
swift8847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 12:21   #59
BHPian

Quote:
winning and losing in formal or informal forms of racing.
Eh? Losing? Keeping FI & 1600 zens away anything ever came close to THE Vtec in NA form?

Quote:
Havent just broken expensive parts and blown tyres but defied physics, destroyed egos, damaged friendships, lost dear ones, faced threats, confronted condemn, bent law, played with life and limb, disgraced civility, stared death in the face...so to name a few, well, for just one thing- to be that guy who they said drives a 1.5L JDM junk! I prove them wrong...
Oh boy you did prove them wrong alright! Do PM me sometime you are free and in a non lazy mood about these particular incidents man.. Long time since i caught up with your group.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 13:47   #60
BHPian

Very well put up Ritesh. Those lines are super.
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote