Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 23:52   #31
Newbie
 
v6turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Delhi/England
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Varun, this has come out very well. I would suggest your next step should be the lowering springs. I would recommend you to go down by around 40 mm. hope it helps

cheers mate
v6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 23:54   #32
BHPian
 
jalsa777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 637
Thanked: 1,044 Times
Default

good stuff dude,

chrome on the grille would look the part,
a beemer is identified by its grill,
just my opinion
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 01:39   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

enjoy the car. keep posting every month or not more and keep us updated with pics and stories if possible.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 02:01   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

Lovely car.Nice to a restoration job done to brilliantly.I love those alloys,but i kind of like them in white.Other than that how is she running?Does the beemer feel sluggish with only 100 bhp?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 02:23   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,831
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

The restoration is simply awesome.Just for knowledge,much did the whole restoration cost you?
hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 10:02   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,845
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

@varun

The car looks brilliant. I especially like the color of the paint. I just hope that the paint holds up .

Personally I'd prefer black interiors, but that is upto the individual. Nice car. hope it stays this way. Glad you did not have to re-do the mechanicals.

Enjoy the car !!!




Cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 15:53   #37
BHPian
 
varun m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: mumbai and delhi
Posts: 93
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@varun

The car looks brilliant. I especially like the color of the paint. I just hope that the paint holds up .

Personally I'd prefer black interiors, but that is upto the individual. Nice car. hope it stays this way. Glad you did not have to re-do the mechanicals.

Enjoy the car !!!




Cheers
hey ricky, thanks for the comments. yeah true, the colour is just fab. mechanically i did change the complete suspension and the break pads + discs. luckily didnt have to touch the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The restoration is simply awesome.Just for knowledge,much did the whole restoration cost you?
thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Lovely car.Nice to a restoration job done to brilliantly.I love those alloys,but i kind of like them in white.Other than that how is she running?Does the beemer feel sluggish with only 100 bhp?
hey avishar, supprisingly the car doesnot feel that slugish. 102 bhp is decent for this car i must say. last nite i was doing 170 and the ride was stable. its really sweet to drive now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
enjoy the car. keep posting every month or not more and keep us updated with pics and stories if possible.
ya sure jesal, ill post some more pics of it on the weekend and then definately will post new pics with the M3 treatment.. cant wait for the stuff to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
good stuff dude,

chrome on the grille would look the part,
a beemer is identified by its grill,
just my opinion
thanks man. i wanted to synchronise the grill with the wheels thus black, cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6turbo View Post
Varun, this has come out very well. I would suggest your next step should be the lowering springs. I would recommend you to go down by around 40 mm. hope it helps

cheers mate
hey mate, that was on my mind but just blew up everything i had on this so i guess ill have to wait for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
the car looks amazingly hot varun! love everything from the color to the wheels to the seats. congrats on possessing such a treasure man!
thanks vdi, thanks a lot. really glad that all you car freaks love this ride. cheers
varun m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 22:00   #38
BHPian
 
anish9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 220
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Congrats Varun, love the steering wheel and the gear knob.
anish9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 06:38   #39
BHPian
 
varun m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: mumbai and delhi
Posts: 93
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish9000 View Post
Congrats Varun, love the steering wheel and the gear knob.
thanks anish, fortunately last to last week i was in frankfurt for 6 days and i managed to go to a bmw dealer and order the original M3 steering wheel and the gear knob. Im sure that many people think that spending 400 euros on just them was a waste but i think it definately adds to the charecter of the car. i love them too. cheers
varun m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 10:59   #40
BHPian
 
spawnofsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los angeles/Mumbai
Posts: 707
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Clean job, love the interiors especially how the recaros look with the leather.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 11:27   #41
BHPian
 
k_shanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: KL - TEN
Posts: 353
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun m View Post
finally, here are the pics of the car, completed....LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT IT NOW COMPARING IT WITH THE CONDITION IT WAS IN.... CHEERS

Your car is lookink really great! Arush has proved it again! Really done it in the best way! BTW, what engine are you running? stock? or any upgrades, huh?
k_shanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 17:38   #42
BHPian
 
anish9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 220
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun m View Post
thanks anish, fortunately last to last week i was in frankfurt for 6 days and i managed to go to a bmw dealer and order the original M3 steering wheel and the gear knob. Im sure that many people think that spending 400 euros on just them was a waste but i think it definately adds to the charecter of the car. i love them too. cheers
I would never consider it a waste, these things look sweet and subtle.
anish9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 09:36   #43
BHPian
 
varun m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: mumbai and delhi
Posts: 93
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Clean job, love the interiors especially how the recaros look with the leather.
i agre, they are looking just fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Your car is lookink really great! Arush has proved it again! Really done it in the best way! BTW, what engine are you running? stock? or any upgrades, huh?
no mate im running it on the stock engine, didnt want to play with it.ts very smooth anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish9000 View Post
I would never consider it a waste, these things look sweet and subtle.
i totally agree. mate i love your e30. want to buy one, let me know if anyone is selling one ?
varun m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 14:13   #44
BHPian
 
varun m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: mumbai and delhi
Posts: 93
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

hey guys, i want an advice, in my e36 boot, the carpet cover which covers the spare wheel is damaged. now i have a bass tibe kept over there on top of this deformed carpet cover. because of this there is a lot of rattling sound coming from the back. i definately want to get rid of this so what should i do ?

by the way for an update on her, i touched 180 kms last nite and she was sticking to the ground like a magnet, awesome fun. cheers
varun m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 18:23   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

i want more pics asap mate. im digging this totally.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project : E36 BMW M3 1998. And swapping the SMG with a manual digital4u Super-Cars & Imports in India 46 4th April 2017 17:21
BMW E36 / E46 M3s in Bombay dipen Super-Cars & Imports in India 253 30th March 2017 16:43
What price for a BMW e46 3 series or a 99-200 e36 coupe in delhi? whatcanthisbe Luxury, Imports & Niche 14 11th August 2011 13:09
Living one of my childhood dreams - my newly restored MG413 Sorcererenator 4x4 Vehicles 68 25th April 2011 00:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks