Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th May 2009, 01:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

the car looks FANTASTIC, i'm speechless.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 02:11   #62
BHPian

Hey Varun, Congrats on an excellent job done. That is really one sweet ride. Especially love the 'wet' look paint, the seats and the alloys - not to forget the colour cordinated kidney grill. Overall 2 thumbs up!!!
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 13:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
the car looks FANTASTIC, i'm speechless.
thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
Hey Varun, Congrats on an excellent job done. That is really one sweet ride. Especially love the 'wet' look paint, the seats and the alloys - not to forget the colour cordinated kidney grill. Overall 2 thumbs up!!!
thanks a lot man
varun m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 14:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! the restoration is commendable.

Car now looks so much more awesome! I'd say you rescued the car for good.

when i saw the front wheels before restoration, i was like ack! thats scorpio's/xylo's wheel.
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 15:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

How is the paint holding up ?? Just asking coz my car paint was brilliant as well, but started to wear off & cracked subsequently.

So just keep your eyes peeled..

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 30th May 2009 at 15:50.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 16:04   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wow!! the restoration is commendable.

Car now looks so much more awesome! I'd say you rescued the car for good.

when i saw the front wheels before restoration, i was like ack! thats scorpio's/xylo's wheel.
haha, true. mahindra wheelcaps on a beemer. god know how the previous owner was driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
How is the paint holding up ?? Just asking coz my car paint was brilliant as well, but started to wear off & cracked subsequently.

So just keep your eyes peeled..

Cheers
its great at the moment but ill keep my eyes peeled as you say. thanks for the input ricky, appretiate it.

cheers
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:14   #67
BHPian

guys should i go for a M3 kit or not ?
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:06   #68
BHPian

100% eyes closed the best way to make yours stand out. Completely changes the look of the car. You need not get the rear bumper of the M3, there is a diffuser kit that was made for our E36's that's a direct fit on our stock rear bumper. Im adding a set of lowering springs as well, you could look into that as well.

Last edited by Abix : 2nd June 2009 at 12:08. Reason: forgot to add something
Abix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
100% eyes closed the best way to make yours stand out. Completely changes the look of the car. You need not get the rear bumper of the M3, there is a diffuser kit that was made for our E36's that's a direct fit on our stock rear bumper. Im adding a set of lowering springs as well, you could look into that as well.
cool man, ill definately go in for it. and for the lowering springs, how much does it cost ..may be we should meet up fast and discuss stuff.
cheers
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:03   #70
BHPian

hey guys , was just curious to know that if i plan to sell my e36, how much should i get for her if i sell her as it is with all accessories ? If someone interested, you can send me an offer and i shall think.
Old 4th June 2009, 09:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun m View Post
hey guys , was just curious to know that if i plan to sell my e36, how much should i get for her if i sell her as it is with all accessories ? If someone interested, you can send me an offer and i shall think.

Varun,

You already thinking of selling ?? Huh ? Any problems ? Atleast let the dust settle on this passionate restoration

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 11:40   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Varun,

You already thinking of selling ?? Huh ? Any problems ? Atleast let the dust settle on this passionate restoration

Cheers
HEY RICKY,

NO PROBLEM WITH THE CAR. JUST THAT IM LOOKING AT A B7 ALPINA, SO... BEING A BIT GREEDY YOU SEE.. HA HA
Old 4th June 2009, 12:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun m View Post
Nice looking car Varun! A car well done by Autopsyche - as always.

I'm sure you already know this, but unlike popular belief, modding or "restoring" projects such as these KILL the resale value of the car. Many people will come and praise your car, and tell you that they'd buy it the minute you decide to sell - but it's hard to find someone to put their money where their mouth is.

Your best bet would be to get Autopsyche find you a buyer. That ways you get the best price and he gets to do your next car. It's a win-win situation for all (except the random buyer, but who cares about him anyways!).

Oops, did I just reveal the business model! :O

Last edited by manveet : 4th June 2009 at 12:52.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 18:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Nice Car.. I own a E39 530i Sport myself and spare parts can be pretty expensive.
for spare parts.. if you know someone staying here in US you can check out bavauto.com - ( i am not advertising for anyone here. Just trying to help out a fellow bhpiian)
This company deals in spare parts and engine components - stock and modified for all BMW and Mini Cooper built to date.
Shipping is in US only till now.. you can probably call them or visit their website for more details.
Also i just upgraded to White Halo rings.. looks super.

TC
Goddy
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 20:39   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Nice looking car Varun! A car well done by Autopsyche - as always.

I'm sure you already know this, but unlike popular belief, modding or "restoring" projects such as these KILL the resale value of the car. Many people will come and praise your car, and tell you that they'd buy it the minute you decide to sell - but it's hard to find someone to put their money where their mouth is.

Your best bet would be to get Autopsyche find you a buyer. That ways you get the best price and he gets to do your next car. It's a win-win situation for all (except the random buyer, but who cares about him anyways!).

Oops, did I just reveal the business model! :O
thanks manveet, a very DIPLOMATIC THAUGHT indeed, HA HA HA cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Nice Car.. I own a E39 530i Sport myself and spare parts can be pretty expensive.
for spare parts.. if you know someone staying here in US you can check out bavauto.com - ( i am not advertising for anyone here. Just trying to help out a fellow bhpiian)
This company deals in spare parts and engine components - stock and modified for all BMW and Mini Cooper built to date.
Shipping is in US only till now.. you can probably call them or visit their website for more details.
Also i just upgraded to White Halo rings.. looks super.

TC
Goddy
hey mate, thank you so much for the lead, really appretiate your help n concern. thanks buddy