Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th August 2013, 00:51   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Seat Covers by Auto Form India

Hi all - Need some help here, regarding Autoform seat covers.

I was planning to order seat covers for my Dusters from a website that sold original Autoform seat covers with doorstep installation in many cities. The price for U-Vertical full black model is Rs. 8500 which seemed decent because the JC road type unreliable seat covers cost about 6-7k.

However, while passing JC Road today, I enquired about seat covers and one of the shops had many varities in stock including Autoform. The seller quoted Autoform at Rs. 6500 for the same design that I had chosen online. Now I have gone to the point where it all started. Few questions in my mind that need some Team-BHP support are:

1. Can I trust the JC road dealers for original Autoform seat covers?

2. Is the fitting any different if done by the company/dealer people or the local shops etc?

3. Is the leather quality same for all qualities of the Autoform? The price ranges from 6k to 10K and someone told me that the difference is only about fitting and design - not material.

Thanks!
pahwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:07   #77
BHPian

Hi all,

I was planning to get AutoForm seat covers for my FIGO. I was told that it will take about 15 days for covers to be ready. Is it right?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hi all,

I was planning to get AutoForm seat covers for my FIGO. I was told that it will take about 15 days for covers to be ready. Is it right?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
You could order from carindiaaccessories.com. They have a tie-up with Autoform & will deliver and install within in a week.

Do make sure you call their helpline before placing the order. You would need to discuss the exact fit snd finish you may need.
pahwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 12:52   #79
BHPian

Can anyone with insider know-how post if Honda OEM leather seat covers are made by Autoform.

If yes, which type does Honda use for OEM New Honda City out of all types mentioned on the Autoform site.
oilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:50   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Can I trust the JC road dealers for original Autoform seat covers?
Check out Reliance Auto Zone on Double Road or in Basavangudi. They have Auto Form covers as well and the work will be carried out by professionals.

Quote:
Is the fitting any different if done by the company/dealer people or the local shops etc?
Fitting always varies from person to person. It's the expertise that matters and also depends on how you inspect the job carried out. Again, I would suggest Reliance Auto Zone for this.

Quote:
Is the leather quality same for all qualities of the Autoform? The price ranges from 6k to 10K and someone told me that the difference is only about fitting and design - not material.
These are Art Leather and not genuine leather. I believe the price difference is based on 2 things -

1) The Design

2) The foam thickness
Safety is Param is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:03   #81
BHPian

^^^Now autoform have a pure leather option as well. Available with Jewajee Chennai.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:48   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
Can anyone with insider know-how post if Honda OEM leather seat covers are made by Autoform.

If yes, which type does Honda use for OEM New Honda City out of all types mentioned on the Autoform site.
Oilmonkey, this is probably very late but Honda OEM leather seats are by Stanley. Its not insider knowledge as there is a little metal tab on the right side of the driver's seat.
shomeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 11:44   #83
NOX

Thumbs up Re: Seat Covers by Auto Form India

Mod note: Please avoid Quoting an entire large for for short replies, also use proper punctuations instead of... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
Sorry for the delay, here are the pics..
=========
Given the black color I have to cleanup the leather more frequently, dust shows very promptly on black

Wow The interiors look so amazing with that black leather seat covers, looks brilliant by the way.

Just one question, does this seat cover have a name to it? Autoform names their sear cover models, might even try it out for my car.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th January 2015 at 12:12.
NOX is offline   Reply With Quote