Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:17   #196
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
You have to do something to align those flared arches with the bumpers, they kind of look out of place, Is your alloy chipped?

Pramod
I am working on the design to complete the trims to the bumpers/skirts.
Shall update when completed.
The alloy has lost out some coating. Not to bother, Momo on the way.
Cheers...
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:20   #197
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Dude, there's a fellow bhpian which the smoked headlights that you showed me. His handle is a4_attitude

Check out his ride.
Thanks dude. I have got it going with proauto mods in Delhi. Told them to just get me a new OEM headlamp and get the smoking done, with Rally bulbs. Total cost around 12k.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:05   #198
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Momo on the way.
Which design, size and color?
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:08   #199
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Which design, size and color?
The colour recommended was balck and silver combination.
The size will be 15, no plans of upsizing further.
cheers..
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 16:38   #200
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Dude, there's a fellow bhpian which the smoked headlights that you showed me. His handle is a4_attitude

Check out his ride.
Had my smoked OEM headlamps installed. Tired of the projector stuff. I do miss the red eyes of earlier headlamp.A change was necessary.I will still hold on to my projectors for a seasonal change.
Thanks Naveen for your inputs. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00041201007071005.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00040201007071004.jpg  

Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 17:16   #201
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Had my smoked OEM headlamps installed. Tired of the projector stuff. I do miss the red eyes of earlier headlamp.A change was necessary.I will still hold on to my projectors for a seasonal change.
Thanks Naveen for your inputs. Cheers.
Your ride is refreshing enough now. But I have to admit that I will miss your red eyed beast
naveen.raju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 17:24   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,991
Thanked: 857 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Man, you really have taste, this is one car i have seen maximum number of changes on.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 18:12   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

sportsmind haven't you considered getting that front mesh painted to matt black or something ?
rjstyles69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 18:12   #204
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 719
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

One suggestion, get the red horn there painted black. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
Otherwise, it's just a from my side.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 7th July 2010 at 18:18. Reason: My earlier post seemed rude
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 18:16   #205
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Man, you really have taste, this is one car i have seen maximum number of changes on.
Pramod
Thanks Pramod. As stated before on this thread, "It's all about the passion within you". There are times I have sacrificed a costly T-shirt for myself, to get the best mod for my swifty. Not too sure how long the fire will burn, but I enjoy it the most. And guys like you who appreciate it, gives me just that bit more fuel to burn.
Thanks for the, Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
sportsmind haven't you considered getting that front mesh painted to matt black or something ?
I am changing the mesh to a honey comb grill. Will have it silver in colour. Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
One suggestion, get the red horn there painted black. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
Otherwise, it's just a from my side.
I knew this would come from someone.
It has been shifted to the side, and is not visible anymore. I was at the garage today to get that done.

Last edited by GTO : 9th July 2010 at 09:34. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 09:30   #206
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

Red eyes looked awesome, this is not bad as well.

I too have installed angel eyes, but was thinking of change to stock. (getting a little bored from angel eyes)

I always wanted to smoke the headlamps, can you guide me the process?
Do we need to open the assembly to paint them?
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 12:37   #207
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Red eyes looked awesome, this is not bad as well.

I too have installed angel eyes, but was thinking of change to stock. (getting a little bored from angel eyes)

I always wanted to smoke the headlamps, can you guide me the process?
Do we need to open the assembly to paint them?
its such a comfort to be driving on these headlamps. You have to open the assembly to have it painted.
I got it from Pro automods, Noida.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 22:22   #208
BHPian
 
kishoryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
its such a comfort to be driving on these headlamps. You have to open the assembly to have it painted.
I got it from Pro automods, Noida.
Your new HL look cool. Do the LEDs below come along with it?
How much did these cost you?
Please also post your source details. Hope he will have similar ones for other cars too.

Cheers!
kishoryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 11:33   #209
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Your new HL look cool. Do the LEDs below come along with it?
How much did these cost you?
Please also post your source details. Hope he will have similar ones for other cars too.

Cheers!
I got this done from Proautomods, Noida. Just google for it. Costed 12K, with rally bulbs.I asked them to buy a new OEM headlamp out there, and complete this job of smoking and lamp fitment. Yes the day riding led's do come with this install.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 14:58   #210
BHPian
 
degenr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I got this done from Proautomods, Noida. Just google for it. Costed 12K, with rally bulbs.I asked them to buy a new OEM headlamp out there, and complete this job of smoking and lamp fitment. Yes the day riding led's do come with this install.
12K that's some expensive head lights
How much did the bulb cost you and can you also post the details of the bulbs.
To smoke your head lights here in Bangalore they charge 2K right(i guess 2-3K at KIT UP . It was 3k about 3 years back not sure now) why did you get it done from Noida. Is there anything different in this than what they do here ?
degenr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold! ACM Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 322 16th September 2015 15:51
Heart 20 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross" padikpanther Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 20th July 2015 14:50
"Heart Over Mind" 2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild sreejeshmp 4x4 Vehicles 129 1st August 2013 22:46
Suzuki Swift "SPORTS" .... RAINMAKER Modifications & Accessories 44 11th March 2008 10:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks