Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 10:38   #286
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathgana View Post
Hi All,

I wanted to fit a set of 3 Gauges on my ride and was hoping to get some insights and details on from where can I source and how do I get them installed , preferably at Chennai. I ones I am looking for are:

1) Voltmeter
2) Turbo Boost
3) Oil Temperature

The gauges should have 'Opening & Closing' Ceremony.. Some basic 'Googling' lead me to 'Auto Guage' and 'Auto Meter' as manufactures of such products but was unable to find any further than that. Especially on where to get then in India, how much will they cost and how do we fit them.

Will appreciate if the Gurus can have a look at the attached Youtube link and guide me on how do I go about getting similar stuff done for my Swift Vdi.

Looking forward to replies.
These have come very common stuff these days and most of the shops in India have them. Both brands you mentioned are of good quality. I had planned to do the install then let it go until i get the swift sport meter pods. I am not too sure on the install, out here. Need to get some guys who are good at this or you will end up messing up with the whole stuff.
Cheers..

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please DO NOT quote large text message, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our limited bandwidth users.

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th November 2010 at 13:12. Reason: Reason in your post
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 10:53   #287
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Wink Projector Fog lamps ON..

I got the projector fog lamps intstalled on to the Hikari bumpers over the weekend. Got a few pictures of the same. It is a killer stuff. Great throw with the HID 4300K kit which was already on my stock fog lamp. It is a simple plug on stuff. No trouble at all.
And yes discovered: H8 HID kid does easily fit into a H11 fog assembly with no mod work on it. That was my biggest tension when I took the risk and ordering the stuff.
Another plus is that you can adjust the beam or focus from the outside. there is vertical and horizontal movement for the assembly. Just have a 10/11 spanner to do the beam adjustments based on the drive conditions.
The stuff does get heated fast. Checked with the vendor and he told me it was normal. He was super fast to answer: Fog lamps are used only during Fog & rain. Guess that answers. Chinese have all the FAQ's ready at all times for their products.
Attached Thumbnails
My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00131201011061135.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00132201011061135.jpg  


Last edited by Sportsmind : 8th November 2010 at 10:54.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 15:14   #288
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,103 Times
Default

More pics and videos dude.. would love to see it's performance..
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 15:36   #289
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 585
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

They look very neat SportsMind. If they do get heated up fast, take a test to ensure water splash does not crack the glass/lens.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 17:40   #290
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 393
Thanked: 169 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I got the projector fog lamps intstalled on to the Hikari bumpers over the weekend. Got a few pictures of the same. It is a killer stuff. Great throw with the HID 4300K kit which was already on my stock fog lamp. It is a simple plug on stuff. No trouble at all.
And yes discovered: H8 HID kid does easily fit into a H11 fog assembly with no mod work on it. That was my biggest tension when I took the risk and ordering the stuff.
Another plus is that you can adjust the beam or focus from the outside. there is vertical and horizontal movement for the assembly. Just have a 10/11 spanner to do the beam adjustments based on the drive conditions.
The stuff does get heated fast. Checked with the vendor and he told me it was normal. He was super fast to answer: Fog lamps are used only during Fog & rain. Guess that answers. Chinese have all the FAQ's ready at all times for their products.
the fogs are really good.

by the way can you give the details from where it was sourced and the buyer details.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 11:51   #291
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
the fogs are really good.

by the way can you give the details from where it was sourced and the buyer details.
Thanks buddy. I have send a PM on the details of the vendor. Cheers.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 12:01   #292
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 6,597 Times
Default

I've said this before and I shall say it again. Your Swift is very attractive and distinctive! Very tastefully done! The air-scoop on the bonnet gives it a very 'hot-hatch' look and the fogs+LEDs look fantastic! Love the new front-end! All we need now is some night-time pictures with the clusters up-front switched on.

Sports Mind, please oblige!?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 15:03   #293
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I've said this before and I shall say it again. Your Swift is very attractive and distinctive! Very tastefully done! The air-scoop on the bonnet gives it a very 'hot-hatch' look and the fogs+LEDs look fantastic! Love the new front-end! All we need now is some night-time pictures with the clusters up-front switched on.

Sports Mind, please oblige!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
More pics and videos dude.. would love to see it's performance..
Thanks for the . I have this long pending request from Naveen. I shall get this going soon and do a video on my drive.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 12:33   #294
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool 60K and running strong

Had completed the 60K over the weekend. 50K to 60K took a good year and half. OWS goodies re-loaded and complete checkup done before we head on to our 70K run.
Thanks for all the support and feedbacks out here for both of us. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00155201011131100.jpg  

Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 14:27   #295
BHPian
 
Honda_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

@sportzmind: Neat job.
Any updates on the F1 style brake light? Did you get it installed or did you drop the plan?

It seems like i have finally found one of the guys in BLORE who can help me
with it, happens to be a friend of mine.
Honda_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 15:31   #296
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Power View Post
@sportzmind: Neat job.
Any updates on the F1 style brake light? Did you get it installed or did you drop the plan?

It seems like i have finally found one of the guys in BLORE who can help me
with it, happens to be a friend of mine.
Tats great. Keep us updated on that.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 18:25   #297
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Power View Post
@sportzmind: Neat job.
Any updates on the F1 style brake light? Did you get it installed or did you drop the plan?

It seems like i have finally found one of the guys in BLORE who can help me
with it, happens to be a friend of mine.
Not as yet. The first one never reached me. The first time I lost an item via postal service.
The vendor has send me one more at his cost, I hope I get this one atleast.
Good news you managed it out of Bangalore. I found another site from Malaysia SJD who is doing these lights.
Here is the link to their blog:
http://sjdracing.blogspot.com/2009/0...ning-leds.html.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 24th November 2010 at 18:36.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 14:28   #298
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Wink Dyno check on my drive using Blackberry apps.

Got to download this app called Dynostorm for the Blackberry did the settings of my drive and I got these data on the drive I did today on the new airport road.
0-10KPH-0.63sec, 0-20KPH-1.73sec,0-30KPH-2.66sec,0-40KPH-4.35sec,0-50KPH-5.84sec,0-60KPH-7.33sec,0-70KPH-8.71sec,0-80KPH-10.24sec,0-90KPH-13.02sec,0-100KPH-14.63sec,0-110KPH-16.94sec.
Max speed:119.8KPH, MAX accelearation-0.31G's
It also gives the data on a graph format for exporting to your PC.
Attached Images
  
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 20:08   #299
BHPian
 
getsriram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"

Hey Sportsmind,

Your passion is awe inspiring man..!!! Great work. This is the first thread which i read from the first page to the latest one. Great going

You had mentioned that you bought this car second hand for 4.8lacs. Have you kept a tab on the total cost you spent on all the modifications since you got your baby? was Just keen to know the number...

Only one question I had in mind. You have not done any paint job or sticker work on the body? do you still like the OEM finish?

Cheers to you...

Last edited by getsriram : 17th December 2010 at 20:09. Reason: mis spelt a word
getsriram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 23:11   #300
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Wink Re: My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsriram View Post
Hey Sportsmind,

Your passion is awe inspiring man..!!! Great work. This is the first thread which i read from the first page to the latest one. Great going

You had mentioned that you bought this car second hand for 4.8lacs. Have you kept a tab on the total cost you spent on all the modifications since you got your baby? was Just keen to know the number...

Only one question I had in mind. You have not done any paint job or sticker work on the body? do you still like the OEM finish?

Cheers to you...
Thanks for the . Your question has been asked many a times. I wish I knew it myself. I never ever wanted to do a cost analysis on my passion. If I get into that I'am sure I would not have moved a step ahead and after each mod I would be thinking and thinking more on should I do the next one.
I have not changed the body paint job. I guess it is perfect combination of grey and silver. Sticker's I use just the sponsor decals of the parts which I have upgraded and again I keep it silver as far as possible.
Thanks once again and sorry I dont have answer for the question you asked me...
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold! ACM Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 322 16th September 2015 15:51
Heart 20 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross" padikpanther Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 20th July 2015 14:50
"Heart Over Mind" 2001 MM550 XD - Rebuild sreejeshmp 4x4 Vehicles 129 1st August 2013 22:46
Suzuki Swift "SPORTS" .... RAINMAKER Modifications & Accessories 44 11th March 2008 10:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks