Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st July 2009, 14:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

1L full body paint of Mondeo is quite expensive. Lathangi has quoted the Normal price I feel. Yep do check with Sai Solorium, and then decide as where to get painted
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 14:46   #17
Team-BHP Support

I would not recommend Suraksha for a full repaint. Their paint and tinkering is fine but assemly is appalling. Leave out rivets, screw up connections
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by novice View Post
Thanks for the information. Lathangi Ford quoted Rs.45K and Metro Ford Rs.1lakh for the same color repaint. Do you think the quote from Lathangi Ford reasonable based on your experience? Also I will check with Sai Colorium before making a decision.

After reading through the thread you mentioned, I am worried about the after effects of color change especially the rusting aspect. So I may drop that idea and go for the same color repaint instead.
45K would be an ok price for A.S.S. esp if you have some tinkering/denting job. This may exclude Service taxes, an A.S.S. needs to pay.
Are these quotes for painting in another colour ? The cost of painting in another colour is higher than the same one (dont need to strip down to primer).
Also, if you want all the insides, engine bay etc in same color, its a whole lot more effort, and more cost. The less you dismantle interior stuff, the better in my opinion.

@ajmat, dis-assembly and re-assembly is a problem for most of the paintshops :-( that is why I don't recommend that one paints more than needed. I had to replace some plastic pips in the dicky @ Suraksha. Wondering if you faced too many such issues ?
You can get quotes from Suraksha motors Adugodi (Maruti A.S.S.) and Sai Colorium (mention team-bhp, need for high quality) ...

Rust, I don't think should be a problem, esp if they re-apply a coat of primer. But there is also hassle of getting the new color endorsed on the RC.

PS - 1lac for painting a car is the highest figure I ever heard - seems like a ripoff - ask them why is the cost so high ?
PS2 - Sai does not use Dupont. They use Axo Nobel/Sikkens or ICI.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 2nd July 2009 at 09:20.
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote