Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd November 2010, 11:04   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
@crazy diablo: not plug and play , have to sit and figure out the wiring.

@nitrous : this is what garrett sells kind sir, maybe there out sourcing from china now.

Thanks Phil for answering that !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Delhi tuning scene gets some action , Here are few more pic's of the update.

Thanks for uploading the pics !! I see that you are there more than me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Installation is top notch. Nice manifold also. Excellent progress, I am keeping a keen eye on this thread.

Wiring is going to give you a headache. Maybe you can make your own harness and sell it as a product. Thumbsup for the build so far.

Nice to know that you find the build "top notch" as well - so it's not just me Thanks for the encouragement & the thumbs up is to Phil !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
DIYPNP guys sell MS kits which you can assemble and use as standalones and they give a compatible socket which plugs in the stock harness.Maybe you could order just the socket which will make your life easier while wiring up the ecu.
I am sure you are a pro and know what your are doing but who knows,it might just make things easier for you,thats all.

Excellent progress on the build and nice choice of parts too,way to go!

That part is for Phil :-) goes way above my head !! LOL

Teins are awesome sir,never meant to say they are bad,no way!
All I meant was that they are stiff and could be annoying at times,again this is what I have heard and read,I could be wrong.
Nice choice for a turbo,not too big not too small,should spool fairly quick avoiding the annoying turbo lag.

Thanks - no I never took your comment to mean that you're saying they are bad. You are more than welcome to put inputs here ! Ya the T20 should do what it is meant to, without a big lag

My build is progressing slowly but steadily.Since mine is more of a DIY thing, it was going to be a slow build since I haven't given my car to a tuner who would have definitely done things faster
Braces are done, shocks have arrived so installing them is underway.Once that is done,we begin the turbo plumbing since turbo,wastegate,BOV,injectors are already here.Once that is done, the most difficult part remains,tuning.Then when base tuning is finished at 5 psi with stock internals, its time to go forged and 1bar boost. Once that is sorted out, the car goes for paintwork and new shoes.

Lets hope things go smoothly.
Nice to know your build is coming along fine. Obviously you are technically gifted that you are doing it on your own. All the best, I am sure it will come out great.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 23rd November 2010 at 11:06.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:26   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Nice to know your build is coming along fine. Obviously you are technically gifted that you are doing it on your own. All the best, I am sure it will come out great.
Cheers
Technically gifted! Now thats a compliment.LOL
Well I am not technically gifted or anything and also its a joint project done by a friend of mine and me.Since he owns a garage,the actual work is more or less done by him and I do the easy part of researching, reading,planning how to go about each mod etc.
Thanks sirji
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:32   #213
BHPian

@amey - a suggestion for you cedia engine turbo, if your looking at pulling revs more than 6200 (stock is 5900 is think) change from hydraulic lifters to manually adjustable ones, post that anything till 7500 is good.
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:38   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
@amey - a suggestion for you cedia engine turbo, if your looking at pulling revs more than 6200 (stock is 5900 is think) change from hydraulic lifters to manually adjustable ones, post that anything till 7500 is good.
She already revvs to 8k rpm occasionally and 7.5k rpm easily. I am not using the stock indian cedia ECU. I am using one from 4G93 DOHC which has a revv limit of 8k rpm.
Things should be even more fun when the DOHC head arrives
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 03:39   #215
BHPian

hey,everything seems to be well fitted,the welds around the intercooler shroud did raise my eyebrow aswel,no one is doubting anyone here,just an observation,turbosmart is great stuff,not a personal fan of the swift intake manifold,runner length being to long,but then may be that will help you with torque u need on the street,usually would swap with an esteem manifold but then that would mean cost of new plumbing and couple of other things,none the less great project,best of luck with the haltech wiring once you have it running it will sure make it worth the hassle,cheers,happy revving..!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 18:18   #216
Senior - BHPian

Update :

By some freak chance the excedy clutch got left out of the carton. So we are waiting for that to come in.

Also want to add Hella Comet 500's on the front bumper. There are 2 nice & solid steel behind the bumper. So thinking of welding some mounts on that, cut thru the bumper & the lights will sit solid without rocking.

Cheers
Old 24th November 2010, 19:17   #217
Senior - BHPian

Ooh Red piping! that is bound to give you an extra 5 bhp.what about blue or yellow wires etc too.Another 5 bhp.lol.

Jokes apart, a very commendable effort by you guys.Ricky ji hope you give a true review of the whole turbo job and hide nothing.There will be problems no doubt but i hope Phil is a tuner who will not leave his customers in lurch with a blown engine like quite a few other examples.

Kudos!

Hopefully the first proper turbo car in north india.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 20:58   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Ooh Red piping! that is bound to give you an extra 5 bhp.what about blue or yellow wires etc too.Another 5 bhp.lol.

Jokes apart, a very commendable effort by you guys.Ricky ji hope you give a true review of the whole turbo job and hide nothing.There will be problems no doubt but i hope Phil is a tuner who will not leave his customers in lurch with a blown engine like quite a few other examples.

Kudos!

Hopefully the first proper turbo car in north india.

Thwade muh vich ghyo shakkar !!

God willing it should turn out as planned. And YES I will try to give a review of how I feel about the car !! Why would I hide anything. I hope there are no problems & I am confident that if there are any, Phil should be able to handle them.

Ya sure hope it is the FIRST in North India. (Gaurav Gill used to have one I know) but that was done in the South of India.

You are most welcome to address any questions to me or Phil & I will try to answer them to the best of my "limited edition ability"

Nice to see you pop by !!

Cheerio

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 24th November 2010 at 21:02.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:44   #219
WRX
BHPian

Nice build. Was wondering how much power the stock gearbox is able to handle?
WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 16:29   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX View Post
Nice build. Was wondering how much power the stock gearbox is able to handle?

I was expecting this question sooner than later. Well I certainly hope that it would hold up to around 150 Whp, or am I being too optimistic ?

If it does not, we'll find out . I am sure Phil would have taken this into account.

Cheers
Old 25th November 2010, 18:03   #221
Senior - BHPian

This Suzuki gearbox is not known for its strength.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 20:57   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
This Suzuki gearbox is not known for its strength.

Which is what I said in the previous post. "I was expecting this querry" Any suggestions ??

Cheers
Old 25th November 2010, 21:01   #223
Senior - BHPian

Well basically the gearbox is lost when you smoke it in first gear.The pressures and forces exerted on the gears is maximum in the first gear.the rest of the gears are peanuts compared to the first one.So if you can control your first gear smoking then the stock gearbox can last quite a bit.

Other than that if you intent to do F1 launches in first gear then by now you should have another stronger gearbox in mind for replacement.
Old 25th November 2010, 21:10   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well basically the gearbox is lost when you smoke it in first gear.The pressures and forces exerted on the gears is maximum in the first gear.the rest of the gears are peanuts compared to the first one.So if you can control your first gear smoking then the stock gearbox can last quite a bit.

Other than that if you intent to do F1 launches in first gear then by now you should have another stronger gearbox in mind for replacement.

He he he he I like what you said. I don't think I am anywhere close to F1 kind of launches. Yes maybe a few aggressive ones once in a while.

Basically I would be quite happy seeing bewildered expressions even in 2nd & 3rd.....that would make my day !!

Worst case scenario a new / better / custom gearbox

Cheerio
Old 25th November 2010, 21:48   #225
Senior - BHPian

I hope it'll a gearbox with gears cut under some multinational automobile company's quality control.

One of the best places would be Ludhiana,Jalandhar with some companies making engine components for some very respectable sports cars and bikes manufacturers.