Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 21:48   #271
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 307
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Happy Bday Ricky_63 ! Since you gifted yourself a Turbo so many Happy Turbo Returns of the Day.
wbd8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 16:24   #272
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Happy Bday Ricky_63 ! Since you gifted yourself a Turbo so many Happy Turbo Returns of the Day.
Thanks for the Turbo Wishes !! Appreciate it !!






Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 23:39   #273
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Congrats Ricky sir, The car is truly a very fun to drive around the streets. Its a perfect car. Suspension is just right, The power delivery is also linear and very much according to the streets here. Enjoy!! Small video during the initial test stages. Saw this build from scratch.

m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 00:29   #274
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats Ricky sir, The car is truly a very fun to drive around the streets. Its a perfect car. Suspension is just right, The power delivery is also linear and very much according to the streets here. Enjoy!! Small video during the initial test stages. Saw this build from scratch.



Very impressive build. Especially the speed and efficiency with which it ws completed. Congrats Rickyji and Phil.

P.S: I see that the driver is not belted up. A very stupid thing to do at such speeds.

Last edited by JayD : 13th December 2010 at 00:30.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 08:53   #275
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Thanks for putting up the video Manan. Ya she really goes when she goes.
Glad you like setup.




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 11:40   #276
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Will this car be hitting the autocross this year?? 1.3 modified?
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 16:53   #277
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Will this car be hitting the autocross this year?? 1.3 modified?

Modified ? What modified ? It looks so stock nobody would want it to run in that category.

Let's see, if I can make it. Problem is with all you young guys around, you will have to have a special category for me to run in & it has to be in a straight line. LOL



Off Topic : In the video posted by Manan it is doing 7 seconds 0-100. That looks good. But that is stop watch timing.




Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 13th December 2010 at 16:56.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 17:50   #278
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

7 Seconds from 30-100.The video starts from 30 kmph.So probably a couple of seconds more.So its already faster than a stock civic and the best part is how it rolls on from 100 kmph onwards.So things are looking good.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 18:07   #279
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
7 Seconds from 30-100.The video starts from 30 kmph.So probably a couple of seconds more.So its already faster than a stock civic and the best part is how it rolls on from 100 kmph onwards.So things are looking good.


Thanks Navpreet for pointing that out. Phil had timed it & came to 8 seconds to the 100. Anyways - it is what it is. Runs brilliantly and I'd call it fast, so no issues.

The Plain Jane does make people wonder at the WHOOOOSH ! But then they think, naah it is a stock car. When she takes off, the expression of some of the faces - priceless




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 19:07   #280
BHPian
 
anshurao's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Panaji, Goa
Posts: 276
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

WOW! awesome build, congratulations and drive safe. You have a real beauty there :-)
anshurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 22:14   #281
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Have you checked out the AFRs .How has the ECU been tuned.looking at the AFRs or is there a preset map which comes with the bolt on kit?
if you can manage an ECU which checks the AFR's and ajusts it automatically to a preset value then you'll have the perfect build.I believe that wrong AFRs have been a major contributor to the blown engines throughout the country.Having the right AFR's is 95% of the job done safely.

So how has it been taken care of.I hope its not a tuner secret.because there are only 3 ways of doing it.
1.you get a map tuned by some "foren" tuner.and make some correction in relation to elevation and temperature.
2.you have a closed circuit ECU which automatically adjusts values real time.
3.you see the AFR on a data logger and then make the changes to the map.see them again..and so on till you get a near perfect map.

And its an art to get either of the 3 perfectly.So i hope its not a tuner secret like it has been till now.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 01:04   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
if you can manage an ECU which checks the AFR's and ajusts it automatically to a preset value then you'll have the perfect build.
Relying on a sensor that experiences some of the harshest conditions in a car and can start reporting wrong values unless calibrated regularly is not a smart move, even if any ECU offers it. On top of that, wideband sensors are known to go bad in a couple of years. Some ECUs, including this Haltech most probably, will allow you to auto-tune the maps where it monitors the AFRs and makes adjustments, after which you can save the map. However, even auto-tuning is frowned upon for the simple reason that the logged data is always going to contain averaged out values over a certain period of time. This can and will contain incorrect/inaccurate values because of road conditions and/or driving patterns, thus making the averaged out value inaccurate, and consequently, wrong amount of fuel value in the map. Further, the table created as a result of the auto-tune will not be a smooth progression over the load/rpm graph which will not be good for drivability.

Last edited by pranavt : 14th December 2010 at 01:06.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:40   #283
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

What you say might be true theoretically.But seeing reviews of many many owners using the autotune option available with the new dynojet power commander 5 are all praise about it.They are actually saying its making more power than a dyno made map.primarily because its adjusting values all the time.

Autotune facility is not a 20 minute option.It can be used continuously forever.
Regarding the O2 sensor going bust its a small price to pay even if it has to be changed annually.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:41   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Have you checked out the AFRs .How has the ECU been tuned.looking at the AFRs or is there a preset map which comes with the bolt on kit?
if you can manage an ECU which checks the AFR's and ajusts it automatically to a preset value then you'll have the perfect build.I believe that wrong AFRs have been a major contributor to the blown engines throughout the country.Having the right AFR's is 95% of the job done safely.

So how has it been taken care of.I hope its not a tuner secret.because there are only 3 ways of doing it.
1.you get a map tuned by some "foren" tuner.and make some correction in relation to elevation and temperature.
2.you have a closed circuit ECU which automatically adjusts values real time.
3.you see the AFR on a data logger and then make the changes to the map.see them again..and so on till you get a near perfect map.

And its an art to get either of the 3 perfectly.So i hope its not a tuner secret like it has been till now.

Thanks for pointing out what you did. Quite honestly it is Greek & Latin to me. I would rather that Phil answers that.

I know you mean well, so you are welcome to say what you think.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Relying on a sensor that experiences some of the harshest conditions in a car and can start reporting wrong values unless calibrated regularly is not a smart move, even if any ECU offers it. On top of that, wideband sensors are known to go bad in a couple of years. Some ECUs, including this Haltech most probably, will allow you to auto-tune the maps where it monitors the AFRs and makes adjustments, after which you can save the map. However, even auto-tuning is frowned upon for the simple reason that the logged data is always going to contain averaged out values over a certain period of time. This can and will contain incorrect/inaccurate values because of road conditions and/or driving patterns, thus making the averaged out value inaccurate, and consequently, wrong amount of fuel value in the map. Further, the table created as a result of the auto-tune will not be a smooth progression over the load/rpm graph which will not be good for drivability.

Thanks for the lesson 2 in Greek & Latin Phil, would you be so kind as to address this please





Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th December 2010 at 11:44.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:54   #285
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Yes Ricky Ji. i mean well.Infact i'm actually praying that your car passes the reliability test with flying colors.Because this will renew my hope of owning a nice sleeper car done up at a place near me with a tuner within reach to solve any small issues.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
'03 Toyota Camry V3 - The "New" Wild Horse in My Stable IQBAL VEERJI Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 66 4th January 2012 23:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks