Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th July 2009, 20:26   #61
BHPian

are the stock centre mufflers of straight through design ? I was just looking at automech website and they have straight through centre muffler for sale. I dont know how different ( performance wise ) it is to the stock centre section..
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 21:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Another video of the car from inside the cabin...a drive by !!

Unfortunately some speedbreakers on the way

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 19th July 2009 at 21:05.
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 15:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Another video of the car from inside the cabin...a drive by !!

Unfortunately some speedbreakers on the way

Cheers
Nice! can we meet up - if your in Gurgaon? i nee to hear this in person.
shelleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 19:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, good to see you finally happy with the MODS being performed on your car. The exhaust note, well everybody has different preferences, honestly I did not like it but that does not matter

I am sure a Remus endcan would do wonders. This Endcan, the one installed currently,has been fabricated or was purchased ready made??
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 21:47   #65
BHPian

From what is seen, you did 90kmph in 2nd gear? but it really sounds great pal. Just loved it. I dont think you need to rework any more on this.

cheers
sri
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 10:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats, good to see you finally happy with the MODS being performed on your car. The exhaust note, well everybody has different preferences, honestly I did not like it but that does not matter

I am sure a Remus endcan would do wonders. This Endcan, the one installed currently,has been fabricated or was purchased ready made??

How are you sure about the Remus ?? This whole FFE upto the endcan was custom built by Mr. Speedsport. I was thinking of Remus myself but I'd need funding from IMF or the World Bank for that

@srikant - glad you liked it. The max it goes in 2nd is a tad over 100, maybe 105

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st July 2009 at 10:05.
Ricky_63 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 15:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

How much does a remus muffler cost?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 15:13   #68
BHPian

Is Nitrous being sarcastic?
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 18:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
How much does a remus muffler cost?

I am told that there are Remus endcans which are "bolt on" for Swift, I was looking for the silent type. Should be around 10-12K

Why is it cheap in your city or are the funds from IMF being arranged

UPDATE :

The Idle issue is sorted to a large degree, the car is much smoother & does not die out even if you are at a stop light with the A/c on.. so it feels way better already, can't wait for the balance stuff to arrive.

Went upto a 150 today, it was nice & strong, ran out of road but not power.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st July 2009 at 18:17.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

10-12k sounds about right(not cheap) for a muffler from a company like Remus. Can't help it, can we? This is India.
You can also look at the Magnaflow range being distributed by N1 engineering. See if you can source it directly and maybe save some cash.

Other option is to silence your current muffler by changing the glass-wool proportion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik
Is Nitrous being sarcastic?
Sir, I use a magnaflow muffler inspite of running on a tight budget for my build.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 20:59   #71
BHPian

Remus in bangalore is 17K, why is there so much of a price differnce?
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 21:18   #72
BHPian

If you are looking for a silent muffler on a budget, look at Ractive. There is a really silent muffler available for about 7k or less. PM PJ for more details.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 21:29   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
How are you sure about the Remus ?? This whole FFE upto the endcan was custom built by Mr. Speedsport. I was thinking of Remus myself but I'd need funding from IMF or the World Bank for that

@srikant - glad you liked it. The max it goes in 2nd is a tad over 100, maybe 105

Cheers
I am sure because I heard a remus bolt-on in a Getz recently and I have something like this kept in my boot for a long time waiting to be fitted

My World Bank/IMF is called Dad
Attached Images

m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I am sure because I heard a remus bolt-on in a Getz recently and I have something like this kept in my boot for a long time waiting to be fitted

My World Bank/IMF is called Dad

Wow that dual tip muffler looks yummy...how much ? Is this going on your Civic ?

@nitrous - to decrease sound, I reckon one increases the glasswool content ?

@harrie - thanks for the input, will PM PJspeed

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 22nd July 2009 at 10:49.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:24   #75
BHPian

Hi Ricky,

just went through the entire post and congrats on the ride and its good to see you get what you wanted.

I have a couple of things to say, before that please dont take it in a negative way!!

1. Like someone has said on the thread, that intake manifold of your's is positioned in a very incorrect way and it is doing you no good, cuz , by the looks of it, it is sucking in huge amounts of hot air.

2. I do not own a swift, however, I have extensively driven and seen another tbhpian "Grey"'s swift with lesser mods than your's. His head is absolutely stock. However, it has a staged cam (specs I can't reveal) and a RD ecu with a ffe.
Even when the stock ecu is functioning that car does not idle the way your car does (idle is as smooth as a stock car with a stock cam), it pulls much much stronger and faster than what I see in your vid. The acceleration that I see in your video in 2nd gear (which I came to know later) is prolly slower than what this guys swift prolly does in 3rd. (Note: I am talking when the car is using the stock ecu, when switched to RD ecu, its a different ball game alltogether)

Hence in my opinion, before you get your Remus, HKS or whatever exhaust tip please take care of the following so that you get the "ACTUAL" performance out of the car..

Like some fellow memebers, I would too like to suggest , change the position of your manifold 1 and 2 please go in for a standalone or a remap.

Since you have a wild cam, please get yourself a cam gear and degree your cam according to the specs and I am sure you would love it even more.

My two cent!!Happy riding and congrats once again..

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote