Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st June 2009, 00:11   #16

Search for the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ob-indigo.html (Dashboard Painting Job in Indigo) That's my car and that's my own painting too. Yes, I am doing the painting job myself and that too at home, as and when I find time. I am doing the Beige/Black combo on my existing grey interior. On the mentioned thread, I have only put pictures of the parts painted in black. Beige are yet to be photographed and uploaded.

Any paint job, If done properly, would last long enough, be it your home or car. If the underlying surface is properly treated, primed and then painted, everything looks neat and tidy.

After roughing the 'to be painted' surface with sand paper, I am applying two coats of primer, which is essential to avoid color chipping and having good color bonding. The property of primer is to bind to the underlying surface and provide a neat surface to the color coat above. If priming itself is not present, the color is bound to chip.

Follow proper procedure and you'll have a surface nice and long lasting. My whole purpose of the above thread, is to help all those who want to get rid of the old and dirty look of their car interior and get a new feel and that too economically. I'll put up all details of the paint job along with the color used for everyone's benefit.

Keep visiting the thread for everyday new updates..

Warm Regards,

Rahul K

Last edited by rahulya007 : 1st June 2009 at 00:14.
rahulya007 is offline   Reply With Quote