Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th August 2009, 01:19   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I haven't had much experience with the esteem ECU, so not sure if the couplers are the same for both. Maybe Rdkarthik would be a better person to ask.

FPR means a Fuel Pressure Regulator. Google it for more info. It increases the fuel pressure.

MPFI is less hassle and better when it comes to performance anyday.

A bzen sounds very tempting. 75k could be a little too tad expensive. Try negotiating it down to around 60k.

Also, like I mentioned before I think the esteem engine comes with a few additional sensors, so the wiring can be different to the zens. Along with the ECU, intake manifold, injectors, fuel rail will have to be changed too.

oops sorry i forgot to mention yeah i was also told that we need to buy a mpfi ka fuel pump motor only along with the mpfi pipes for more fuel delivery, cost of which is approx 2000 totally.

i also thought of the b zen, price i can negotiate, but now ive already got the engine bored, pistons , rings and all parts are all ready just to be fit, wont mind still goin in for it if i get a decent price for my engine , besides whoever buys it has a new engine.
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 01:30   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@ Zeeshan ; I can confirm that Euro II uses 16 Bit and the Zen that came in odd lights / new shape was using 32 Bit Euro III. Also if you plonk a Baleno it would require work on the mountings and wiring integration with your current instrument console , AC etc.

I wanted to go got EZen conversion but have my doubts as i am not able to clear them .

1.) Brakes ; @NFS has clarified in totality .Thanks to him.
2.) Head ; Not sure .@mclaren just pointed out it can be retained.But i am wondering will the port areas for intake an dexhast not be different in a 1000CC and 1300CC mill.But i am fine with a new head too.
3.) Bottom half : I would certainly go for a new one from Maruti Spares.
4.) Injectors ; Well it has been confirmed from 2 mechanics they are the same in Zen and Esteem.
5.) Manifold : I believe it will definitely need to be changed.
6.) ECM : i would be happy if i could just put in Esteem 16 bit ECM against Zen ECM with no wiring changes .Also i am not clear whether a 32 Bit ECM also work fine with the same wiring.
7.) Sensors : What additional sensors are there in Esteem .Not clear.

I could go to some tuner and get it done but what will be fun then !

Edit :
8.) Fuel rail also.
ya for baleno even i am apprehensive as vitamin M is the constraint as i alreayd have a g13b mpfi engine lying in the car, unless thats sold i cannot evn think of a bzen,

Block if you go to buy from maruti they would RIP you off and i mean it, its best to buy a used block , just make sure its not cracked and the alls intact, and then overhaul it ,put in new pistons and rings if required, thats what all do.

i think the head for both cars are different.
zeeshan suleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 04:27   #108
BHPian

hey the zen intake n exhaust ports are really small compared to the esteem head,the valve stem length also differ's,the combustion chamber of the zen is tiny compared to the esteem,hence go for a total swap,get the esteem intake manifold with complete esteem head,injectors & the fuel rail of the zen/esteem are the same,throttle body is different,i have mentioned all these details in my previous posts aswel,please read the whole topic,it will avoid the hassle of re posting and will save the mods also so precious time & energy,do pm if you have any other questions,cheers,happy revvin..!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 21:00   #109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@dragger ; I did go through the points you have mentioned .While my mechanical are cleared a lot. I am still confused about wiring . Will my 16 Bit Zen ECM work fine OR Can i direct bolt on the Esteem 16 Bit ECM in the existing Zen harness OR Will Esteem 32 Bit ECM is a direct bolt on in the existing Zen ECM Harness. What are / will be the changes in the wiring ?
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 04:03   #110
BHPian

yes your old wiring harness will work,all the sensor's are the same,its better if you use the esteem ecu with the engine swap,karthik can confirm about the 32 bit,hope this helps,cheers,happy revving..!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 20:08   #111
BANNED

@dragger ; Thanks a lot . Now all that remains hazy is the 32 Bit ECM Vs 16 Bit ECM part.

Regards
Old 30th August 2009, 08:10   #112
BANNED

Well i checked at MASS regarding ECM thing and i cannot order any ECM as it is not mentioned in product code as to whether it is 16 bit or 32 bit .Also there are around 8-9 ECM types released by Maruti just for Esteem .They are saying i will have give a product code with out which they cannot order the part.