Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 02:44   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Question Where can one buy a hydrometer in Pune?

Can anybody from Pune tell me where I can buy a good hydrometer? It will be used for 2 wheeler, 4 wheeler and inverter batterys (so nozzle should be small enough). Tried many battery shops, but most say they dont keep and the couple that do said they don't have a stock. Got fed up of looking... :(

Any tips regarding hydrometer purchase... like which is a good brand, price, etc will be really appreciated, as have never bought one before.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 08:34   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 573
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Check with any shops that supply chemicals and equipment for analytical chemists and school chemistry labs.

IMO - The larger ones (the kind that are almost a foot long) are impossible to use with 2 wheeler battery's. Smaller ones would work just as well with both large and small batteries.
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 09:12   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punya Nagari
Posts: 1,893
Thanked: 1,136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Can anybody from Pune tell me where I can buy a good hydrometer? It will be used for 2 wheeler, 4 wheeler and inverter batterys (so nozzle should be small enough). Tried many battery shops, but most say they dont keep and the couple that do said they don't have a stock. Got fed up of looking... :(

Any tips regarding hydrometer purchase... like which is a good brand, price, etc will be really appreciated, as have never bought one before.
I too have been looking for one. I was pointed towards Nana Peth by a battery shop owner. But no one bothered to tell me exactly which store/shop (deliberately?). Went there and randomly asked around with no luck.

Let me know if you get lucky because I would like to purchase a hydrometer as well.

Rgds,
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 15:39   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Check with any shops that supply chemicals and equipment for analytical chemists and school chemistry labs.

IMO - The larger ones (the kind that are almost a foot long) are impossible to use with 2 wheeler battery's. Smaller ones would work just as well with both large and small batteries.
Thanks will check that out... but dunno where to find the lab equipment shops... but will check it out.

Yes, it has to be small... have seen bigger ones being used by battery shops, but those are no use for me. Gotta have one that is useful for all batterys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I too have been looking for one. I was pointed towards Nana Peth by a battery shop owner. But no one bothered to tell me exactly which store/shop (deliberately?). Went there and randomly asked around with no luck.

Let me know if you get lucky because I would like to purchase a hydrometer as well.

Rgds,
Have set my mind on getting one, so will find it somewhere. Where did you ask in Nana Peth? Battery shops? Will definitely let you know where I get mine from.

Btw, one shop told me he has a plastic one. But it was more than 3.5 times more expensive, so I didn't buy.

My concern is, are all of them really accurate... or should I be looking for some specific brand?
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS schitre05 Motorbikes 149 13th August 2015 15:54
Tata Sumo 4x4 - where can I buy one? abheekg SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 11 23rd September 2014 11:18
Car Dealers Offers Buy One, Get One Free Car Archish The International Automotive Scene 9 3rd April 2009 19:16
If Ford/Hyundai can do it, So can I - Maruti Alto achieves mileage of 41.5 kmpl spadival The Indian Car Scene 31 7th August 2008 13:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks