Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 11:57   #1
BHPian
 
san9jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 53 Times
Default xd

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has already modded the Skoda Superb 2009 1.8 TSI Petrol.

I recently bought this car and Pete's are offering an ECU remap with a claimed 60BHP increase!

That sounds like an incredible increase in power.

Anybody already done this?

Would love to hear from someone who has done this.


/sanjay
san9jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 14:27   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
I am looking for feedback from anyone who has already modded the Skoda Superb 2009 1.8 TSI Petrol.

I recently bought this car and Pete's are offering an ECU remap with a claimed 60BHP increase!

That sounds like an incredible increase in power.

Anybody already done this?

Would love to hear from someone who has done this.


/sanjay

If Pete's is claiming the 60 Bhp increase I'd believe it. They are a very professional setup & do not give out any misleading or over the top numbers / claims.

I thought the car already had 160 Bhp - right ? So with the remap you are at 220 Bhp , sounds tempting.


Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 16:01   #3
BHPian
 
san9jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
If Pete's is claiming the 60 Bhp increase I'd believe it. They are a very professional setup & do not give out any misleading or over the top numbers / claims.

I thought the car already had 160 Bhp - right ? So with the remap you are at 220 Bhp , sounds tempting.


Cheers
Exactly! The 220 BHP sounds very very tempting. Though a google search for tuning chip upgrades for the Superb 1.8 Petrol usually lists 30-40 BHP on most sites.

I will wait for the new car smell to go from my car before I take the plunge with the Pete's package.

I must say the 160BHP of the superb definitely feels like more especially in the Sports mode of the Superb where it really flies but 220BHP with just a ECU remap is hard to resist.

/sanjay
san9jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 19:18   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

It's a turbo petrol engine. A 60BHP increase from a remap is not anything unbelievable.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 19:20   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Exactly.
Even in the Octi vRs. There is a 40-50 bhp increase in the 1st stage remap.
So a 60bhp increase is very much possible.

If thinking about Pete's , have no second thoughts. He's a great guy and has done pretty good mods to many cars including but not limited to Skoda Laura / Octavia / Fiesta / Accent.

And not to forget the legendary Pete's box.

So without any second thoughts, you can go in for an upgrade.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 19:24   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: back in gods own country :)
Posts: 118
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

all the best

keep us posted of the developements. wish you real good luck you will need a lot of it
Thomas8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 19:43   #7
BHPian
 
RP_812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: Once
Default

What I sometimes fail to understand is , What are you going to do with 220 bhp in India?
The roads are not that big and you cant go 200 mts without a cow , buffalo or humanoids coming in your way.(atleast in the city)

But then again , just thinking about 220bhp beneath your feet sounds stupendous.

Please do keep us updated about the results of your endeavor.
RP_812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 06:39   #8
BHPian
 
san9jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
What I sometimes fail to understand is , What are you going to do with 220 bhp in India?
The roads are not that big and you cant go 200 mts without a cow , buffalo or humanoids coming in your way.(atleast in the city)

But then again , just thinking about 220bhp beneath your feet sounds stupendous.

Please do keep us updated about the results of your endeavor.
Fortunately for us Chennaites we have an excellent track just outside the city to safely use that power, besides if we were only taking into account the cows, dogs etc we would all be driving maruti 800s.

Thanks for the feedback. I will wait a few months before taking the plunge and will keep you posted when I do.

/sanjay
san9jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 22:14   #9
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: shenzen
Posts: 154
Thanked: 23 Times
Default u check this power box for your car

hi
if u want to increase power in this tsi engine u can check steinbauer
power box i attach pdf file for this box
i have order 1 box from austria for my car octavia
will post report in the forum when i install this box in my car
regards
narry
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1250000093.pdf (2.37 MB, 719 views)
narry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 05:09   #10
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

\hi,
i just got a new laura 1.8tsi, it has the same engine like the 1.8 petrol superb, i want to know which octane fuel you using?? are you using normal 91 octane fuel or premium 97 octane?? let me know, thanks..


Mods- Sorry about going off topic but there are only a handful of Superb 1.8tsi owners here, so thats why asked
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:52   #11
BHPian
 
san9jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
\hi,
i just got a new laura 1.8tsi, it has the same engine like the 1.8 petrol superb, i want to know which octane fuel you using?? are you using normal 91 octane fuel or premium 97 octane?? let me know, thanks..


Mods- Sorry about going off topic but there are only a handful of Superb 1.8tsi owners here, so thats why asked
I am still just on my second tank of gas but I am using normal octane fuel. Most of these cars in India are tuned to operate with the normal octane.

That said I will probably use the premium octane every 2nd or third tank fill just to see if there is any difference in mileage.

/sanjay
san9jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 11:01   #12
BHPian
 
san9jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
if u want to increase power in this tsi engine u can check steinbauer
power box i attach pdf file for this box
i have order 1 box from austria for my car octavia
will post report in the forum when i install this box in my car
regards
narry
Narry,

Thanks for the link. Please do let me know after you have installed it with your feedback. Also let me know what you paid for it.

I am curious why you went for the steinbauer box. The box seems to basically fool the ECU to implement a different mapping without actually reprogramming the ECU and their website claims a 33BHP increase.

Pete's ECU remap will basically do the same thing and they claim a 60BHP increase.

Thanks

/sanjay
san9jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 11:49   #13
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
I am still just on my second tank of gas but I am using normal octane fuel. Most of these cars in India are tuned to operate with the normal octane.

That said I will probably use the premium octane every 2nd or third tank fill just to see if there is any difference in mileage.

/sanjay
Have u asked the dealer which fuel to use?? The TSI engines available in the new superb & laura are the exact same engines available around the world, identical horse power & torque, in different countries skoda recommends 95 octane fuel, hope they have tuned the engines for 91 octane in india,
thanks..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:35   #14
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: shenzen
Posts: 154
Thanked: 23 Times
Smile hi prefer a tuning box

hi
u can check most website who offer chip tuning for tsi engine
UPsolute.com The Chiptuning Company
nobody had claimed 60bhp increase in stage 1
[COLOR=#000000][FONT='Times New Roman'][FONT='Segoe UI']http://www.revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=1071
i think only revotechnil offer this
but this increase in test in europe using hight octane fuel
with there user condition
for india and china asia market even 20 or 30bhp increase is acceptabl
narry
[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
narry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 11:53   #15
BHPian
 
san9jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
u can check most website who offer chip tuning for tsi engine
UPsolute.com The Chiptuning Company
nobody had claimed 60bhp increase in stage 1
[COLOR=#000000][FONT='Times New Roman'][FONT='Segoe UI']http://www.revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=1071
i think only revotechnil offer this
but this increase in test in europe using hight octane fuel
with there user condition
for india and china asia market even 20 or 30bhp increase is acceptabl
narry
[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

narry,

Thanks for the link to Revo.

I am glad to see someone else is offering 60BHP increase since I had only seen 30-40 BHP increase while doing a search. That is why I created this thread since I was surprised Pete's was offering 60BHP in India.

The good thing about the Revo is that you can switch the car back to standard mode whenever you like. With Pete's offer I will have to call them to do it and pay once again to get the mod installed again.

/sanjay
san9jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks