Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th June 2007, 11:09   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post

What if the cover of the HL unit is available for a cheap price n I wouldnt mind drilling it then. I'm sure it must be available separately and not as sold with new HL unit..
If thats the case then drilling could be considered..
First post the pics n get some expert advise before going for the drilling option
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 16:45   #197

hey absar.so you finally got strobes for your car.cool..hey can you please tell me the make and the price?>
amar_y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 01:15   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_y View Post
hey absar.so you finally got strobes for your car.cool..hey can you please tell me the make and the price?>
He got Max 2000 Strobe kit for 3.2k and already posted by him.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 12:40   #199
BHPian

Hello! An update.. I had a checkup on the module/wiring today. Its all intact, (I did this checkup because its held by temporary rubber clips). I did look into that hole which one of you circled, behind that is another tiny hole, kinda complicated to insert the wire in that. So still using temporary wire setup. Checked near the clutch also, no possible holes to let the wire in.

The tape which I've temporarily put on that day of install to block dust and water from entering the HL, is still intact, I will find out about the rear cover of the HL and see if its available separately and for a good price and then go ahead with the drilling perhaps. My current setup is also not bad.

I'm trying to hook my strobes to the car's security system. Its pretty simple as per the instructions. To hook up the blue wire from the module to the red wire from the security system's module. This way, on pressing the locate button, the strobes get activated to help find your car easier as well as when the alarm is triggered, the strobes flash to create an attention to everyone. I did find the wire, i'll check if it works later today.

At the moment, I'm having fun with the strobes. Two times I drove through the city roads with strobes on, and I got a clear path of me ahead lol (being careful from cops though).

Btw, one issue got solved- the issue where i had fixed the wrong connectors. I was able to remove it and fix it correctly.

A

Last edited by Absar : 11th June 2007 at 12:42.
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 12:45   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
I will post the pic of diy job tomorrow..
When is your tomorrow gonna come....???
Old 11th June 2007, 22:42   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
When is your tomorrow gonna come....???
Are yaar... My internet was down and i was surfing from mobile so could not post it anyways here it is.

Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 20:36   #202
BANNED

guys can we repair a strobe light...:( recently 1 month back i got strobe lightes installed on my zen ,(max2000) they are quit effective i was enjoyin that ..but suddenly one fine day my left side strobe stopped working, donno what happened i inter changed the strobes and checked if their is any wiring problem and also checked if water entered inside,but no their is no wiring problem....now i want to know can we repair it.......???

Last edited by zenopio : 16th July 2007 at 20:40.
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007, 22:15   #203
BHPian

Quote:
guys can we repair a strobe light...:(
I don't think so strobes are repairable? It may be possible but would be difficult to find a person who'd be able to do it.

My Ford Ikon is running perfectly with the strobes! They light up the streets and make the surroundings shine. Boy! I love the attention it gets. Its also helpful considering those oncoming truckers in the night time with full high beam.

Been using it in rain to test the workability and no issues. One picture of my car with strobes is added in my garage.

cya
A
Old 3rd November 2007, 16:01   #204
BHPian

Today I got a pair of the headlamp rear cover. Cost me 70/piece, so 140 rs. From Lumax brand. So I'll perhaps drill the OEM cover for the wire to go through and keep these new Lumax covers for when not using strobes.

I'll update later!

cya
A
Old 3rd November 2007, 16:15   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I got a pair of the headlamp rear cover. Cost me 70/piece, so 140 rs. From Lumax brand. So I'll perhaps drill the OEM cover for the wire to go through and keep these new Lumax covers for when not using strobes.
Why not do it the other way?
Old 3rd November 2007, 16:31   #206
BHPian

Because the new ones I bought today seem to be thicker and more sturdy than the OEM which I have.. But maybe the new ones might be better.. Okay I'll do the drilling on the new ones soon!

Btw kpzen how are your strobes doing?

cya
A
Old 3rd November 2007, 17:06   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw kpzen how are your strobes doing?
They are doing good. These days i rarely switch them ON....
As i'm going for a tbhp meet today i may use them as i got nothin else to show off
Old 27th November 2007, 14:23   #208
BHPian

Hi all, I want to fit Strobe lights in my Swift. Can anyone tell me if I can fit them in place of the parking light. If anyone has done it in their swift, please suggest me.
buntydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 14:34   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Hi all, I want to fit Strobe lights in my Swift. Can anyone tell me if I can fit them in place of the parking light. If anyone has done it in their swift, please suggest me.
Low_Bass makker has strobes in his swift. PM him
Old 27th November 2007, 20:18   #210
BHPian

hey bunty ive got strobes instead of parking lights in my swift.

yes it can be done quiet easily.

It hardly takes any time at the most 30 minutes and you are done
RohitD is offline   Reply With Quote