Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 11:16   #61
BHPian

i like the second set of rims too..!
keep it simple.. no stickers and vinyls..
get a decent can and a filter...
later maybe skirts..
Old 29th December 2009, 11:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardul.YamahaF View Post
Hey Good Mag wheels
the Second One Looks Really Nice

Now to Make your car match up with the Black Demon mag wheel you have to do some black vinyl stickering on your door upper borders and the center pillar.

it will give your car the perfect Attitude Looks
I had vinyls on my b pillar, at that time the handles and the OVRMs were also black, that used to look nice, My painter had painted the OVRMs and door handles before i could say something, i liked it that way, since now the door handles and OVRMS are body color i feel keeping it that way would look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
i like the second set of rims too..!
keep it simple.. no stickers and vinyls..
get a decent can and a filter...
later maybe skirts..
I have no badges or stickers on my car except 2 tbhp small sickers and a ralliart sticker on the number plate, There is a love cars live cars stciker on the rear wind screen as well. People here are advising me to get those hi security numberplates, I like the sleeper looks, no skirts and no stickers. Skiriting is a pain for this car especially in kerala, With full load the car scrapes its belly very often on speed brakers. I was thinking of putting bronze or gun metal finish alloys in 15" but after looking at the PS job i think i might even settle for the black ones. I have ordered a new head for it, it will take time as the 1500 cc DOHC heads are very rare to find. After that i am going in for a FFE, FPR and a filter. till ten its gonna be completly stock.

Pramod
Old 9th January 2010, 23:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Guess what i got for my car today, she sounds awesome and loud .

Finally decided to do up my Lancer. Edit: paint job complete.-ffe.jpg

Pramod
Old 9th January 2010, 23:47   #64
BHPian

Excellent ride bro, how did i miss this thread?
Whats next on the cards Pramod?
Old 9th January 2010, 23:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Lancer is timeless beauty. The shape and proportions are superb even today. Add skirting, angel eyes and clear lens taillights and put some good graphics on ( not too much, though ) and you will have a killer. Trust me, it will catch more eyeballs on road than a 1 crore Merc.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Excellent ride bro, how did i miss this thread?
Whats next on the cards Pramod?
1. 15" Alloys+ Tyres
2.Seat Covers
3.DOHC Head
4.ICE Upgrade
5. Turbo + Break Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Lancer is timeless beauty. The shape and proportions are superb even today. Add skirting, angel eyes and clear lens taillights and put some good graphics on ( not too much, though ) and you will have a killer. Trust me, it will catch more eyeballs on road than a 1 crore Merc.
I am more of a sleeper fan, nothing fancy. Now with the end can when i launch her at signals everyone looks

Pramod
Old 10th January 2010, 09:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
1. 15" Alloys+ Tyres
2.Seat Covers
3.DOHC Head
4.ICE Upgrade
5. Turbo + Break Upgrade

I am more of a sleeper fan, nothing fancy. Now with the end can when i launch her at signals everyone looks

Pramod
What do you want to break? The new head or the ICE? :P

Your statement is quite self contradicting. You like sleepers yet you install a fartbox endcan?
Old 10th January 2010, 10:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
What do you want to break? The new head or the ICE? :P

Your statement is quite self contradicting. You like sleepers yet you install a fartbox endcan?

First of all LOL, Getting the end can was a knee jerk reaction. I just saw the end can and i remembered what JK and Clever said.

I had skirts on my esteem, i broke the lip thrice . So its more of a forced decision than choice.

Like i always say keeping it a sleeper is more of home ministry's decision, so no choice really.

Pramod
Old 10th January 2010, 10:42   #69
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th January 2010 at 21:11.
yogisays0909 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th January 2010, 23:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So there are people around who doesn't like the way these mufflers sound..!

I was there at the workshop while this was getting fixed, it sounds just cool. Not too loud, not too low, just the right amount of bass. Yea fart or whatever.
Old 10th January 2010, 23:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

Depends on the muffler. I like the ones without much bass. A bit... metallic - I want to hear the engine scream it's valves off - not the bloody exhaust system.
Old 11th January 2010, 06:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Pramod and others. I heard the Accent/Getz red doesn't go too well with the Lancer. How true is this ? I also heard the OEM red and the Palio red look very good on the Lancer.
Inputs would be really helpful. OR should I go in for the OEM yellow ? I love the sproty color OEM yellow. Thanks guys.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 11th January 2010 at 06:55.
Old 11th January 2010, 07:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Pramod and others. I heard the Accent/Getz red doesn't go too well with the Lancer. How true is this ? I also heard the OEM red and the Palio red look very good on the Lancer.
Inputs would be really helpful. OR should I go in for the OEM yellow ? I love the sproty color OEM yellow. Thanks guys.

Red lancers have a league of its own, i remember when i was getting my car repainted the guy was very much insistent on a red repaint, but home ministry was against change of color . Ferrari Red loos awesome BTW.

Pramod
Old 11th January 2010, 07:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Ask for a color sheet for the brand of paints the body shop uses. Any of the established ones have a massive selection that you can choose from. There are several three stage finishes which look extremely good. The Lancer can carry off sporty colors well, which is an added advantage.
Old 11th January 2010, 08:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Lancer can carry off sporty colors well, which is an added advantage.
Thanks @ImmortalZ for your inputs. But, have you met/seen anyone sporting that Getz/Accent CRDi red color on a Lancer ? I mean would it look too gaudy on the Lancer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Red lancers have a league of its own, i remember when i was getting my car repainted the guy was very much insistent on a red repaint, but home ministry was against change of color . Ferrari Red loos awesome BTW.

Pramod
Pramod thanks for your suggestion. And yes they are in the league of their own. But, by Ferrari red you mean 'Palio red' is it ?
What about the OEM yellow ? I'm in a severe dilemma as I have seen red lancers but either repainted to yuck red or not maintained properly or repainted to something else that looks red and does not have an appeal to it. So if I can manage the exact shade then probably I can consider a red repaint.
Also, I visited an expert in Bangalore yesterday and he suggested that Subaru blue would look great as well. I remember seeing the color, hope I can find it and post it here.

Thanks again guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks