Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th June 2010, 17:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^That was fast. Yeah the bonnet needs to be correctly aligned. Ask a Mitsubishi service centre to courier you the diamond logo in the front. It is causing an eye sore. On second thought if someone rips it again, that will be an eye sore + a heart break, not to mention the INR 70 down the drain. Wish i was there to courier it to you.

Hey prince, the bumper and grill are about to go, i have painted the grill but the bumper is not painted, EVO 4 bumper is still on cards, only problem is i am not able to find out the diameter on the fog lamps that go in, else my workshop guys are ready to fabricate it. So the logo will ultimately go.

OT: I noticed a change in your location left India?

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 17:55   #122
BHPian

Waiting to see your EVO setup buddy. are you planning for skirts and sports spoiler as well?
regnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 18:00   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
OT: I noticed a change in your location left India?

Pramod
Hmm. Dunno when I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Waiting to see your EVO setup buddy. are you planning for skirts and sports spoiler as well?
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Evo kit will have skirts and spoilers. I mean thats what the Bangalore modders told me. I think the setup won't look good w/o them. It retails for 35 K with one of the source. He charges extra for the fitting and painting to body color of the Lancer. With the color Pramod has on his Lancer, the kit is going to look fabulouso. Maybe like the one in his avatar.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 13th June 2010 at 18:01.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 18:38   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Evo kit will have skirts and spoilers.
True Pervez, i just happened to ask because pramod has been mentioning about the front bumper only. Pramods car would definitely look cool but there will be some concerns on GC. I happened to get my hands on a locally made evo kit for my lancer, but eventually scrapped the idea of installing it as the build quality was not up to mark and the car would have very less GC. If an original kit is sourced, i think that will be a great deal and would fit perfectly without any worries.
Pramods and razors cars are the first few cars I've been studying before i customized my car, alot of information they discussed really helped me and i was amazed at how these guys give importance to minute details.

Really looking forward to see a one of its kind mod job on pramods car.

Cheers
regnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 18:38   #125
Senior - BHPian

^^ thanks regnex, the kerala roads are the worst you can find in the whole country, i would have loved to put the Low GC kit but the problem is if i break it i have to wait for a very long time to get the car back to the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Not the spoiler, it will have everything else though

Quote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Evo kit will have skirts and spoilers. I mean thats what the Bangalore modders told me. I think the setup won't look good w/o them. It retails for 35 K with one of the source. He charges extra for the fitting and painting to body color of the Lancer. With the color Pramod has on his Lancer, the kit is going to look fabulouso. Maybe like the one in his avatar.
The highest quote i got so far is 26k without paint, lowest being 18k. My regular W/S gave me a quote of 3-4k + a bumper, ostyler gave me a quote of 7k+ bumper The only thing stopping me is the GC issue, wife also disapproves any mods .

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 13th June 2010 at 18:43.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:10   #126
Senior - BHPian

Rotated the tyres, the car runs as it should, i am not vey happy with the paint job of the bonnet and the alignment of the bonnet is also an issue, got feedback about the new look on the car from both JK and Clever, i hope they will post it here .

Pramod
Old 15th June 2010, 08:33   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Rotated the tyres, the car runs as it should, i am not vey happy with the paint job of the bonnet and the alignment of the bonnet is also an issue, got feedback about the new look on the car from both JK and Clever, i hope they will post it here .

Pramod
Thought the car wasn't your's and hence looked good

The wide tyres + black alloys make it a looker.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 23:14   #128
BHPian

First of all Pramod, thanks for letting me drive your car. The drive was too good for a 10 year old car, in fact more fun to drive than mine and the car was more free revving. The ride wasn't that bad as I thought with the 15" tires. All the best for your future mods.
sarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 08:59   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarath View Post
First of all Pramod, thanks for letting me drive your car. The drive was too good for a 10 year old car, in fact more fun to drive than mine and the car was more free revving. The ride wasn't that bad as I thought with the 15" tires. All the best for your future mods.

Thanks sarath, I just fell in love with the seats in your car, they just hug you , I have my camera with me today, lets do a photoshoot.

Pramod
Old 17th June 2010, 20:49   #130
Senior - BHPian

Clever will post pics taken by him.

Presenting the angel and the demon.

Finally decided to do up my Lancer. Edit: paint job complete.-dsc01483.jpg

Finally decided to do up my Lancer. Edit: paint job complete.-dsc01485.jpg

Finally decided to do up my Lancer. Edit: paint job complete.-dsc01477.jpg

Pramod
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:28   #131
Senior - BHPian

The lights were a big issue in lancers, and virtually everyone in Kerala driving with High beams on, the road visibility was a serious concern, i wanted to go for trhe evo 4 style bumper design the lowest quote for the bumper and skirtings were also lucrative, But GC is a serious concern, i have bottomed many times with full load so skirting was a serious issue. I contacted my local denter and painter and decided to go for just the front evo 4 style bumper minus the skirts.

For starters it looked weird, let me show you how weird

Finally decided to do up my Lancer. Edit: paint job complete.-33429660003_large.jpg

The denter would be modifying the stock bumper, I was very close to getting a used bumper and was about to zero down on him and he finally spoke, the cost to modify was close to 6-7k with me buying the bumper and fog lamps, bumper itself was costing 1.5k. The highest quote was 10k for the entire bumper with aerodromes, and this one was 8~9k without them and there was no guarantee that i might get what i want. So junked the whole idea.

But wait, i had already brought 9" Fog lamps for 2k and i cannot throw them, so came up with 2 rough installation ideas, not able to decide which one. Guys help me!!

Finally decided to do up my Lancer. Edit: paint job complete.-dsc01473.jpg

Finally decided to do up my Lancer. Edit: paint job complete.-2.jpg

The grill on the lamps will go and its chrome plated, this is just for illustration.

I might go for a whole EVO 4 conversion later, i am not modifying the stock bumper now.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 3rd August 2010 at 09:29.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:37   #132
BHPian

Man, both look a bit odd :( , spoils the look. Dont do this
yogisays0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:45   #133
BHPian

Having them lower would also mean they would be 1st point of contact during nudged ( since you dont want to modify the stock bumper ). It would also mean collecting more muck specially during monsoons and whilst following 2 wheelers.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:08   #134
Senior - BHPian

common guys, this is not being helpful . What do i do with those big bad boys now? I am not sure if i would get what i paid for if i sell them in the classifiedes.

Pramod
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:13   #135
BHPian

Have them fitted a wee bit lower in the grill itself and i think it would look much better. Maybe having them just above the bumper ( by using the bottom most gap in the grill and having a bend in the clamp) and wider apart could look good .
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote