Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th September 2009, 22:41   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakrz View Post
Yes what you said is absolutely true,but the end point is to get to the right tuner.
If you ask for advice from those running modded cars, they will always recommend you their own tuner. Ask those who have left the scene after having learnt it the hard way round or those who are so frustrated that they now want to do a DIY, they will tell you honestly who to go to. Ford Rocam is the best example of this. Or go to someone like Ford Rocam to get your turbo setup done.

If you really want to have a reliable setup and don't know who to go to in Bangalore, drop me a call or PM. I am more than willing to help people so that they don't have to face issues like I did. All I expect in return is, not to give a bad impression after using my name for referral. I referred a friend (BHPian) to a X tuner, he went and ordered an engine (tuner didn't take an advance because I referred this member) and did a disappearing act after he had shipped the engine from Bombay to Bangalore. IIRC, you too confirmed to me for the clutches and then backed out after I had paid an advance for them. This is the main reason, today no one wants to help others.

By the time most people realize what they did was wrong (wrt to the mods & choice of tuner), you would have already ended up with a blown engine. I only wish, I had someone to guide me properly when I was modding my car .

I'll tell you another trick most tuners are using these days. They have a few imports that they claim to be tuned by them. Mostly, when kids see them, they think if these people can tune imports they must be good with our cars too and get sucked into it. Prime example is a pretty well known tuner in Delhi. You will be surprised if I told you this happens in Bombay & Bangalore too. And people actually fall for such stuff.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 23:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If you ask for advice from those running modded cars, they will always recommend you their own tuner. Ask those who have left the scene after having learnt it the hard way round or those who are so frustrated that they now want to do a DIY, they will tell you honestly who to go to. Ford Rocam is the best example of this. Or go to someone like Ford Rocam to get your turbo setup done.

If you really want to have a reliable setup and don't know who to go to in Bangalore, drop me a call or PM. I am more than willing to help people so that they don't have to face issues like I did. All I expect in return is, not to give a bad impression after using my name for referral. I referred a friend (BHPian) to a X tuner, he went and ordered an engine (tuner didn't take an advance because I referred this member) and did a disappearing act after he had shipped the engine from Bombay to Bangalore. IIRC, you too confirmed to me for the clutches and then backed out after I had paid an advance for them. This is the main reason, today no one wants to help others.

By the time most people realize what they did was wrong (wrt to the mods & choice of tuner), you would have already ended up with a blown engine. I only wish, I had someone to guide me properly when I was modding my car .

I'll tell you another trick most tuners are using these days. They have a few imports that they claim to be tuned by them. Mostly, when kids see them, they think if these people can tune imports they must be good with our cars too and get sucked into it. Prime example is a pretty well known tuner in Delhi. You will be surprised if I told you this happens in Bombay & Bangalore too. And people actually fall for such stuff.
Yes.. i do get the point here.. about the clutches i have people here who promised me to get them and they backed out of it,i am really feeling bad for it i could'nt do the deal.also the same people come up to me later to get them again but i actually told them i could not do it.i do not want to get a bad rep by asking you and end up cancelling it,since you take up a lot of pain to get us the stuff.
freakrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 23:41   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Yes.. i do get the point here.. about the clutches i have people here who promised me to get them and they backed out of it,i am really feeling bad for it i could'nt do the deal.also the same people come up to me later to get them again but i actually told them i could not do it.i do not want to get a bad rep by asking you and end up cancelling it,since you take up a lot of pain to get us the stuff.
No issues dude! Its just a little uncomfortable to hear others saying what kind of people do you refer to, they ask us to get things and never turn up/pick up our calls. After all that I have gone through, I have fortunately built a very good rapport with some of the best tuners in the country and I mean the "real" tuners. I go to great extent to help friends so that they don't end up burning their hands like I did. All I expect in return is that, they don't spoil my rapport with these tuners. Anyways, no hard feelings.

Good luck with your project, do keep in mind some of the points I have made here when it comes to decide the direction you want to mod your car.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th September 2009 at 23:43.
Old 8th September 2009, 06:48   #19
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Thanq Everyone for the inputs and comments.
Ok i guess 60k is bit steep,but what is the exact model no of the Bilsteins so i might check out the specs and decide.

the koni fsd's are around 44k + eibach springs are anywhere around 8 - 10k
Bilstein.nl: B14 Pss
Koni plus eibach will cost 54k. bilsteins roughly 6-8k more.
trial both if you can.I think, you wont mind the extra 8k.
I did try a car with Konis only(using stock springs) did not like it at all as a daily driver. was good as a performance suspension. Have not tried the Koni +eibach combination.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 12:35   #20
BANNED

After having sat in Jerish's fiesta I can say the bilstein's are really nice. Doc, its time you came drove down this side of the country so that we can put your car on track .
Old 8th September 2009, 16:51   #21
BHPian

WOW this one nice looking ride.
Very nice man
degenr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 21:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
No issues dude! Its just a little uncomfortable to hear others saying what kind of people do you refer to, they ask us to get things and never turn up/pick up our calls. After all that I have gone through, I have fortunately built a very good rapport with some of the best tuners in the country and I mean the "real" tuners. I go to great extent to help friends so that they don't end up burning their hands like I did. All I expect in return is that, they don't spoil my rapport with these tuners. Anyways, no hard feelings.

Good luck with your project, do keep in mind some of the points I have made here when it comes to decide the direction you want to mod your car.
Yup...No hard feelings dude....Remember you guys did a track day at MMSC Race track near chennai long tim bak! any plans of goin to the track again,also heard there is some drag event in hyd around 18th sept weekend, are you planning to come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Bilstein.nl: B14 Pss
Koni plus eibach will cost 54k. bilsteins roughly 6-8k more.
trial both if you can.I think, you wont mind the extra 8k.
I did try a car with Konis only(using stock springs) did not like it at all as a daily driver. was good as a performance suspension. Have not tried the Koni +eibach combination.
yup i wil think about it and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
WOW this one nice looking ride.
Very nice man
Thnq
Old 17th September 2009, 19:18   #23
BHPian

I just happen to receive the Carbon fiber Mirrors today after a 15 day wait,they are definitely lighter than the stock mirrors,the finish and quality is really top notch.the only downside is that its not adjustable from inside.

Name:  IMG_3257.JPG
Views: 2076
Size:  280.4 KB

They need a bit of filing work and little adjustment to get it aligned with the existing holes on the door i guess.Will post the pictures once its put up on the car.
Old 17th September 2009, 21:23   #24
BHPian

I agree with Mclaren, too many cow boy tuners around who could easily scam people when it comes to cams, other engine internals, P&P, compression etc.

If you just want your car to drive better, then just go for stage 1 only. FFE, Air box modification ( CAI or conical or replacement stock etc), synthetic oil .

If you want serious performance , then go for TC and remaps. I would also advise against messing around with replacing engine internals with performance parts.

Also, about a tuner using reground cam from electra, I think its perfectly ok if the grinding was done as it should have been. Also Electra should make efforts to prove it.
In the UK, I remember PIPER giving two options, either a brand new blank ( expensive ) or send your cam for a re-grind.
ofocurse, if the cam was worked on by Electra then the tuner should say so and not pass it off as an expensive 25K piper from Uk( incl customs duty and postage !!! )

Last edited by vdiatech : 17th September 2009 at 21:31.
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 16:29   #25
BHPian

Updated pic after the Carbon Fiber Mirrors

Name:  IMG_2060.JPG
Views: 1988
Size:  279.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2039.JPG
Views: 1968
Size:  160.3 KB
Old 20th September 2009, 19:17   #26
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can you show us a pic of what the rear visibility is like through these mirrors? will definitely reduce drag
Personally, I like the big elephant ear style RVMs that come stock
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Can you show us a pic of what the rear visibility is like through these mirrors? will definitely reduce drag
Personally, I like the big elephant ear style RVMs that come stock
here is what it looks from the driver side.

Name:  IMG_2068.JPG
Views: 1902
Size:  180.1 KB
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thats a HOT looking SWIFT, Congrats. The Color Scheme, The Bodykit Rims everything is perfect, Nothing over the top. Keep it Clean.

Awesome Job once again, very tastefully done.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:00   #29
BHPian

Good looking car! Please post the pictures of the interiors also.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:42   #30
BHPian

Thanq guys for all the comments and i will post the interior pics soon.

I have Just Received the Ultra Racing Strut bars from Malaysia , amazing quality and real quick shipping.i had to pay about a 1000RS Duty on them,totally worth.

Name:  IMG_2103.JPG
Views: 1846
Size:  227.1 KB

ULTRA RACING 4-Point Front Lower Bar
ULTRA RACING 2-Point Rear Lower Bar
ULTRA RACING 2-Point Rear Strut Bar

I have also got Eibach Lowering Springs to run on the stock struts,I am totally waiting to get everything on the car.

Name:  IMG_2003.JPG
Views: 1816
Size:  221.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2010.JPG
Views: 1759
Size:  145.4 KB