Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 14:01   #376
BHPian
 
lapis_lazuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zilla Ghaziabad
Posts: 413
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitbhai View Post
, please do suggest.

Thanking you all in advance.

Sumit
http://www.amazon.in/3M-IA260166326-...eywords=3m+wax

I am using it...marvelous!
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 15:21   #377
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Thanks for a quick response. I will surely order it today. My requirements are to wax my car (fyi its brown in color) once a month. I hope this wax lasts for a month. Moreover, the wax should not look bad after a month.

I don't want to be forced to wax again, I would prefer to do it in my free time. If there is some other wax product that would last longer, then do let me know, I would buy that one.

Thanks,
Sumit
sumitbhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 22:44   #378
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,955
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

are these products genuine?

http://www.amazon.in/Formula-Carnaub...ywords=car+wax

http://www.amazon.in/Abro-LW-811-Sup...ywords=car+wax

http://www.amazon.in/Formula-Value-P...ywords=car+wax

http://www.amazon.in/Sonax-314341-Ca...ds=car+shampoo
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 23:04   #379
BHPian
 
Snehal Sekhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 289 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
This is as genuine as it can get! These are imported from the US of A. I picked up the Formula 1 Carnauba Wax Paste from Amazon India and have been pretty satisfied with the results.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 08:19   #380
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Smile Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
are these products genuine?
For the Formula1 products if buying from Amazon, choose either TAMS Automotive store or Cloudtail as sellers. These sellers sell genuine F1 products as per Matrix International which imports Formula 1 products in India. The F1 products which do not have the Matrix hologram are usually fake.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 15:09   #381
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,955
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Yes they are from Cloudtails. Also its amazon fulfilled and promised as genuine So just went ahead and got it.

Thanks.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 01:45   #382
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
For the Formula1 products if buying from Amazon, choose either TAMS Automotive store or Cloudtail as sellers. These sellers sell genuine F1 products as per Matrix International which imports Formula 1 products in India. The F1 products which do not have the Matrix hologram are usually fake.
TAMS sells fakes. I bought this 3M glass cleaner

http://www.amazon.in/3M-IA260100036-...dp/B00S5SBYVS/

and the label spells Plastic as "Platic" obviously fake, just like many others complaining in the comments there.

Cloudtail is the only vendor i trust with eyes closed
nova9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 08:10   #383
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Smile Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
http://www.amazon.in/3M-IA260100036-...dp/B00S5SBYVS/

and the label spells Plastic as "Platic" obviously fake, just like many others complaining in the comments there.
The label on the 3M product reads as Plastic. Are you mistaken with some other product? You have put the link of the product but the seller is not TAMS or Cloudtail. The sealing on the product also looks genuine to me.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 16:57   #384
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The label on the 3M product reads as Plastic. Are you mistaken with some other product? You have put the link of the product but the seller is not TAMS or Cloudtail. The sealing on the product also looks genuine to me.
This product is sold by many vendors, i bought mine from TAMS.

Take a look at this image

nova9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 15:09   #385
BHPian
 
saion666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: WB-06/TS-07
Posts: 267
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

It is this thread that made me a loyal customer of the Waxpol original wax way back in 2011. There is simply no match to the hard waxpol in our Indian environment. I have tried Formula 1s/Armor all/Collinite/ Turtle.
The waxpol is quite difficult to find and I was getting it from vicky.in. However, the good part is generally a can lasts for more than a year.

For the ones who are finding it difficult to find, it is now available in amazon and I ordered a can few months back from amazon.in.
Link :http://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-AAP620-A...pol+car+polish

Last edited by saion666 : 20th September 2016 at 15:11.
saion666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 14:04   #386
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
It is this thread that made me a loyal customer of the Waxpol original wax way back in 2011. There is simply no match to the hard waxpol in our Indian environment. I have tried Formula 1s/Armor all/Collinite/ Turtle.
The waxpol is quite difficult to find and I was getting it from vicky.in. However, the good part is generally a can lasts for more than a year.

For the ones who are finding it difficult to find, it is now available in amazon and I ordered a can few months back from amazon.in.
Link :http://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-AAP620-A...pol+car+polish
I was a long term fan of Waxpol years ago. But tried other brands.

Are they still good and long lasting in dry as well as rainy seasons?

Did you meant a can lasts for one year for a car or a bike?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 15:24   #387
BHPian
 
saion666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: WB-06/TS-07
Posts: 267
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I was a long term fan of Waxpol years ago. But tried other brands.

Are they still good and long lasting in dry as well as rainy seasons?

Did you meant a can lasts for one year for a car or a bike?
Well nothing in that wax has changed for years now. It's as good as it was before. Water beading is visible even after a month of waxing the car.
BTW this is for the old orange tin wax, the new ones are all crap.

I meant for a car as you would need to wax your car 10-12 times max in a year with this hard wax and that's enough exercise for a year
saion666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 16:15   #388
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Well nothing in that wax has changed for years now. It's as good as it was before. Water beading is visible even after a month of waxing the car.
BTW this is for the old orange tin wax, the new ones are all crap.

I meant for a car as you would need to wax your car 10-12 times max in a year with this hard wax and that's enough exercise for a year
Thanks for your reply.

You meant this one is crap: http://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-AAP620-A...pol+car+polish
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 16:27   #389
BHPian
 
saion666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: WB-06/TS-07
Posts: 267
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for the confusion. The link you gave is of the good old one.

Good one: http://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-AAP620-A...pol+car+polish

Crap ones: http://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-CPP240-U...pol+car+polish
http://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-ACC110-C...pol+car+polish

Below is a picture of the roof of my car after using the waxpol hard wax, all it takes is dusting with Jopasu duster for the next 3/4weeks to retain this shine:
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-img_20161006_163111.jpg  


Last edited by saion666 : 6th October 2016 at 16:37. Reason: Attaching a picture
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 13:03   #390
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,808
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Red face Re: Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India

I had ordered Formula 1 leather and upholstery cleaner from Amazon during their sale. When I received the product, I noticed there was no Matrix One hologram and neither any sticker of Matrix One. I promptly returned the item as I am sure this is fake. IMO Matrix One is the only authorized distributor for Formula 1 products in India.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Market for fake auto parts continues to thrive in India Aditya The Indian Car Scene 34 23rd September 2016 12:46
My Car Wax Polished with 3M Premium Wax Polish. snaronikar Modifications & Accessories 35 3rd September 2011 18:05
Fake CNG Components In Market Trust_In_Thrust The Indian Car Scene 14 22nd April 2010 09:04
Fake Rockford Fosgate Speakers being sold in market blueraven316 In-Car Entertainment 19 13th May 2007 02:38
Car Wax vs Polish Sahil Modifications & Accessories 9 18th July 2006 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks