Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 20:30   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 270 Times
Default WooHoo

Successfully completed the first wax of Xing. Now I understand why we call it Car Detailing; this detailing word meant serious stuff to me as I have the habit of going into the minute details, nothing should be left undone or damaged.

Car was first washed with Formula 1 Car Shampoo, then waxed using Formula 1 Paste Wax. Manual Buffing done using Dhoti Cloth and the best part of it, the car's surface feels smoother than before; Silky in short.

Special thanks to Parm and Raccoon.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 21:20   #92
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Hi Guys, I followed a procedure where in I wash the car and then wax it. My question is, how can we avoid water marks after a rain? Can let me know this can be avoided?
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 01:08   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

The wax is supposed to resist water mark due to its beading property!
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 21:34   #94
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 782
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Successfully completed the first wax of Xing. Now I understand why we call it Car Detailing; this detailing word meant serious stuff to me as I have the habit of going into the minute details, nothing should be left undone or damaged.

Car was first washed with Formula 1 Car Shampoo, then waxed using Formula 1 Paste Wax. Manual Buffing done using Dhoti Cloth and the best part of it, the car's surface feels smoother than before; Silky in short.

Special thanks to Parm and Raccoon.
No pics , no faith Post pics Asap !!!

Reliance autozone is no good , karol bagh or gyro is better. My Experience !!!

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 29th September 2009 at 21:47.
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 22:32   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 270 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
No pics , no faith Post pics Asap !!!

Reliance autozone is no good , karol bagh or gyro is better. My Experience !!!
Veerji, the fact is that Real Earth colour in Xing tends to retain its glossy look so post-wax there is no exponential visible change. But yes, when I compared the surface's texture with that of a 5 month old white i20 I felt Xing's surface to be much more smoother.

And Karol Bagh or Gyro for car detailing stuff or something else? Sorry didn't get you correctly.

Moreover, the In&Out in Defence Colony stocks a wide variety of waxes and polishes. Eagle One Nano Wax, which Maglev talked about is also available at Elegant for 700 bucks, quite expensive. Guys, if anyone has tried this Nanowax do post the review, the product's features are exciting but the real worth is what Maglev and me are looking for.

Moreover, my cousin is going to Berlin. Any suggestions as to what car detailing stuff shall I request him for? I mean something exclusive other than Microfiber cloth which I shall be asking him to get.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 23:04   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Moreover, my cousin is going to Berlin. Any suggestions as to what car detailing stuff shall I request him for? I mean something exclusive other than Microfiber cloth which I shall be asking him to get.
Ask him to get you some Collinite 476 and Collinite 845. Will work out at RS1100 for each but much better than that hairdressing wax you get in India.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 00:01   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
Parm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,671
Thanked: 572 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

Moreover, my cousin is going to Berlin. Any suggestions as to what car detailing stuff shall I request him for? I mean something exclusive other than Microfiber cloth which I shall be asking him to get.
ask him to get into an auto detailing store and buy things not available in india.

but do take that since germany is a cold climate country, it might have things like waxes which might not be suitable for india, so just double check on the composition of the wax or what all climatic conditions it can take on!

SONAX - cleaning and polishing like a professional
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 10:43   #98
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 782
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Veerji, the fact is that Real Earth colour in Xing tends to retain its glossy look so post-wax there is no exponential visible change. But yes, when I compared the surface's texture with that of a 5 month old white i20 I felt Xing's surface to be much more smoother.

And Karol Bagh or Gyro for car detailing stuff or something else? Sorry didn't get you correctly.

Moreover, my cousin is going to Berlin. Any suggestions as to what car detailing stuff shall I request him for? I mean something exclusive other than Microfiber cloth which I shall be asking him to get.
Paaji , i mean that for car wash , wax , wet tyre etc. Reliance autozone is no good , gyro has more variety. and please post some pics of your car.

what is the cost of microfiber cloth there ???
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 11:34   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
Parm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,671
Thanked: 572 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Paaji , i mean that for car wash , wax , wet tyre etc. Reliance autozone is no good , gyro has more variety. and please post some pics of your car.

what is the cost of microfiber cloth there ???
for washing a car> use sponge
for applying wax on car> use sponge
for washing tyres> use sponge
for washing glass> use sponge

for cleaning the wax> use a dhoti cloth or malmal ka kapda if you can find microfibre cloth!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:08   #100
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
for washing a car> use sponge
IMO, for washing a car, Sponge is not advisable. Have read somewhere with pictures how a (dust) particle may scratch the paint if sponge is used. A soft cloth (Banyan) or may be a micro fibre would be better.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:42   #101
BHPian
 
akshay_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
IMO, for washing a car, Sponge is not advisable. Have read somewhere with pictures how a (dust) particle may scratch the paint if sponge is used. A soft cloth (Banyan) or may be a micro fibre would be better.
+1 to that, Sponge may be soft but has no ability to catch dust/dirt particles and will drag the dirt particles on the surface creating swirl marks, Cotton chenille wash mitts are highly recommended and are available for 300Rs.
Microfiber cloth or a deep pile terry towel will do if you don't find wash mitts. Again, a cotton cloth will act just like a sponge.
Attached Images
 
akshay_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 13:08   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
+1 to that, Sponge may be soft but has no ability to catch dust/dirt particles and will drag the dirt particles on the surface creating swirl marks, Cotton chenille wash mitts are highly recommended and are available for 300Rs.
Microfiber cloth or a deep pile terry towel will do if you don't find wash mitts. Again, a cotton cloth will act just like a sponge.
You can always do a prewash to get rid of as much dirt and muck before you actually begin the proper task of washing.

I prefer using wash mits for washing. You should also use a two bucket approach, one with the car shampoo in and the other to rinse the mit before applying shampoo again (again reduces the risk of dragging dirt).

You can also get mits which are excellent for polishing the car after wax has been applied.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:41   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 270 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Ask him to get you some Collinite 476 and Collinite 845. Will work out at RS1100 for each but much better than that hairdressing wax you get in India.
Thanks bigman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
ask him to get into an auto detailing store and buy things not available in india.

but do take that since germany is a cold climate country, it might have things like waxes which might not be suitable for india, so just double check on the composition of the wax or what all climatic conditions it can take on!

SONAX - cleaning and polishing like a professional
Valid suggestion. Thanks Parm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Paaji , i mean that for car wash , wax , wet tyre etc. Reliance autozone is no good , gyro has more variety. and please post some pics of your car.

what is the cost of microfiber cloth there ???
Veerji, sorry for being too lazy to click the pics. Let me find an apt place to click and I'll upload soon.

Thanks, even I've seen the variety at Gyro although I had no idea of this stuff that time.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:43   #104
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 782
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

Veerji, sorry for being too lazy to click the pics. Let me find an apt place to click and I'll upload soon.

Thanks, even I've seen the variety at Gyro although I had no idea of this stuff that time.
koi nii , Der aaye durust aaye
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 02:10   #105
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 753
Thanked: 69 Times
Default


BUMP BUMP!!

As posted earlier, can anyone throw light on Eagle 1 NANOWAX.
I saw them at Elegant, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Was available for Rs. 700/- and comes with a free micro-fibre cloth.


Name:  NanoWax.jpg
Views: 2431
Size:  26.8 KB

Image Source: NanoWax<sup></sup>
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Market for fake auto parts continues to thrive in India Aditya The Indian Car Scene 34 23rd September 2016 12:46
My Car Wax Polished with 3M Premium Wax Polish. snaronikar Modifications & Accessories 35 3rd September 2011 18:05
Fake CNG Components In Market Trust_In_Thrust The Indian Car Scene 14 22nd April 2010 09:04
Fake Rockford Fosgate Speakers being sold in market blueraven316 In-Car Entertainment 19 13th May 2007 02:38
Car Wax vs Polish Sahil Modifications & Accessories 9 18th July 2006 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks