Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 10th September 2009, 16:05   #1
BHPian

Default Reverse Parking Sensors on Linea

Hi,

I have booked a Fiat Linea - Emotion Pack - 1.4 in Azure Blue. I'd like to thank the T-Bhp members for their various posts which helped me clinch my decision in favor of the Linea over the Honda City.

However, I am in a bit of a quandary. I wish to install reverse parking sensors on the car and asked the sales guy at the Tata owned flagship store in Bombay about the option. He claimed that he did not know but thinks that it is not allowed. So I then proceeded to e-mail Fiat India as I do not wish the warranty to become void. Within 2 business days I received a call from Fiat and the customer rep I spoke to told me that "Fiat has not approved any after market parking sensors. However, if you do install them - only the warranty on the bumper becomes void."

Another Fiat rep at the store then told me that electrical wiring changes to the car void the warranty of the entire vehicle. I asked him what would happen if I ordered wireless sensors from Amazon or some such and he was at a loss to provide a coherent answer. Could some of the members here please shed light on a resolution of this issue?

Thanks

Invidious
Old 10th September 2009, 16:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Hi,

I have booked a Fiat Linea - Emotion Pack - 1.4 in Azure Blue. I'd like to thank the T-Bhp members for their various posts which helped me clinch my decision in favor of the Linea over the Honda City.
This part of your post should be here.
Quote:
However, I am in a bit of a quandary. I wish to install reverse parking sensors on the car and asked the sales guy at the Tata owned flagship store in Bombay about the option. He claimed that he did not know but thinks that it is not allowed. So I then proceeded to e-mail Fiat India as I do not wish the warranty to become void. Within 2 business days I received a call from Fiat and the customer rep I spoke to told me that "Fiat has not approved any after market parking sensors. However, if you do install them - only the warranty on the bumper becomes void."

Another Fiat rep at the store then told me that electrical wiring changes to the car void the warranty of the entire vehicle. I asked him what would happen if I ordered wireless sensors from Amazon or some such and he was at a loss to provide a coherent answer. Could some of the members here please shed light on a resolution of this issue?

Thanks

Invidious
And this part should be here (need guidelines for installing parking sensors).

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread