Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 14:05   #46
BHPian
 
Maverick_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 74
Thanked: 4 Times
Post

The scuff plates and the ORVM mods would be a welcome addition. The new spoiler IMHO, looks better than the stock one (i.e SX Special edition).

I would prefer all the mods but for the Seat covers, rear/front/side skirts. Any word on this in bangy guys?
Maverick_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 14:09   #47
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 830
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
The scuff plates and the ORVM mods would be a welcome addition. The new spoiler IMHO, looks better than the stock one (i.e SX Special edition).

I would prefer all the mods but for the Seat covers, rear/front/side skirts. Any word on this in bangy guys?
Strange thing is I dont see Advaith Hyundai on residency road or the J.P.Nagar service station displaying any banner nor have any update on the same.

I need the door scuff's only. Is it possible to get this seperately?
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 19:04   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

I like the spoiler, scuff plates & the lights on the ORVM's.

I might get these done soon if available at Hyundai in Delhi.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 19:21   #49
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I like the spoiler, scuff plates & the lights on the ORVM's.

I might get these done soon if available at Hyundai in Delhi.
Guys please dont go in for those orvm's with lights! What a pain it is to maintain the mirrors in India. Today a cop on his silly splendor tried to squeeze through a gap that was not even fit for his big tummy and hit my orvm. Gave him a mouthful. Not sure if we can go and get the orvm repaired or changed everytime someone hits it, and if those led lights break.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 20:44   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Pras - That must have hurt !!

Yes, In India traffic the ORVM's are the first things that tend to get damaged.

In fact I use these only on highways !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 21:17   #51
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Pras - That must have hurt !!

Yes, In India traffic the ORVM's are the first things that tend to get damaged.

In fact I use these only on highways !!
To be honest, I think if everyone started to consciously look into both their orvm s it would prevent a whole lot of accidents and improve traffic on indian roads. Anyway, thats for this thread!
Looking forward to seeing people put up snaps of any kit installments on their verna.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 16:08   #52
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 830
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

ORVM's with built in indicator's dont last for a long time. I am looking out for the wood finish for the AC vents and ICE console, is it available off the hyundai self or in aftermarket fittment????
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 17:03   #53
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
ORVM's with built in indicator's dont last for a long time. I am looking out for the wood finish for the AC vents and ICE console, is it available off the hyundai self or in aftermarket fittment????
It should be available at hyundai. I made them replace mine after it was damaged during service.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 09:18   #54
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 830
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
It should be available at hyundai. I made them replace mine after it was damaged during service.
Thanks Pras, I will get them when my car goes in for its next service. If possible get thoes door scuffs as well.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 20:54   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
Thanked: 13 Times
Default wood finish

As far as I know wood finish is only available for the central console. It is not available for the side AC vents

In case you guys find it do let me know
suneet_ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 21:44   #56
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
As far as I know wood finish is only available for the central console. It is not available for the side AC vents

In case you guys find it do let me know
Yes its only available for the center facia. The thing is, the wooden finish part comes with the 2 vents on either side of the space for the double din HU and a gap for the internal clock. The console is clipped on using either plastic or metal pins. Everytime the console has to be removed, a screwdriver needs to be placed under it and it has to be pried out. This means that there will be marks left on your dashboard whether you like it or not, and chances of damage to the wooden console are also high. A small slip of the screwdriver and you might end up with a small hole or a chip in the console.

I would personally recommend that you guys dont go for it, even if you think it looks good.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 14:34   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

MY CAR IS HERE !!!! (sorry a little excited)

Spoiler, skirts, scuff plates, indicators on side view mirrors, masking of window frame all installed.

Pictures coming up tomorrow (getting stanley leather done ...and wheels as well)

monochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 19:58   #58
BHPian
 
Maverick_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 74
Thanked: 4 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
MY CAR IS HERE !!!! (sorry a little excited)

Spoiler, skirts, scuff plates, indicators on side view mirrors, masking of window frame all installed.

Pictures coming up tomorrow (getting stanley leather done ...and wheels as well)


A first again on T-BHP, Add them soon.
Maverick_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 20:07   #59
BHPian
 
aneeshanand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 122
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Add fotos buddy, lets see how it will add +es to the bare beast
aneeshanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 06:51   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Here we go

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...lloys-etc.html (My new Verna CRDI ABS (with Body kit, alloys etc))
monochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Genuine Accessories and Parts PriceList deepakchiniwal Technical Stuff 125 27th November 2017 17:52
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
FIAT Genuine Accessories - Discrepancies in pricing amit_mechengg Modifications & Accessories 3 23rd November 2010 14:20
Hyundai Launches Santro LPG, Accent Executive and Verna 1.6 Xi limited edition sidindica The Indian Car Scene 18 3rd November 2008 15:40
body kit for verna-genuine or non genuine ram_hyundai Modifications & Accessories 11 10th November 2007 19:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks