Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st September 2009, 12:21   #1
BHPian

Default Fiat Grande Punto Multi Jet (Emotion) - Project Car

I am picking up a Fiat Grande Punto Multi Jet (Emotion). After a long time I am venturing out on a car, been bikes all this while. Need some help from the team on a few matters –
1.Enkie SC24 Rims and Tires (205/50/16) any recommendation on good tires? Also how much it would cost?
2.Any idea where door sill are available, and how much they would be? (I don’t think Fiat has a accessories catalogue yet)
3.Any one experimented with a Turbo Upgrade and a Custom Map yet?
4.Any one figured out 20mm lowering springs? Available brands / costs?
5.Any one have any ideas for the breaking yet, different pads / discs?
6.Who in Bangalore does the best deals in Head Units, I have a alpine head unit from my Baleno and most of the system would like to trade in for something with Ipod connectivity and a AUX connectivity?

Thanks in advance for all the inputs

Last edited by poncho : 21st September 2009 at 12:31. Reason: Typo
poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 12:40   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho View Post
I am picking up a Fiat Grande Punto Multi Jet (Emotion). After a long time I am venturing out on a car, been bikes all this while. Need some help from the team on a few matters Ė
1.Enkie SC24 Rims and Tires (205/50/16) any recommendation on good tires? Also how much it would cost?
2.Any idea where door sill are available, and how much they would be? (I donít think Fiat has a accessories catalogue yet)
6.Who in Bangalore does the best deals in Head Units, I have a alpine head unit from my Baleno and most of the system would like to trade in for something with Ipod connectivity and a AUX connectivity?

Hi Poncho,

Congrats on getting your Punto

For all car accessories, check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...us-cities.html (Car Accessories Shops In Various Cities)
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 21:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
I am picking up a Fiat Grande Punto Multi Jet (Emotion). After a long time I am venturing out on a car, been bikes all this while. Need some help from the team on a few matters Ė
2.Any idea where door sill are available, and how much they would be? (I donít think Fiat has a accessories catalogue yet)

Congrats on the hot hatch mate! Which color did you select?

Regarding your queries,

1. Amazing pattern. Am not a tire guy so I dont have any inputs regarding this. Did you order them or are yet to?
2. Door sills for the Punto arent yet in the Indian market. The only way you can get them is by waiting for Fiat India to sell them (which may never happen) or by importing it from abroad. You have many abarth products there.
3. Since it is the same engine shared in the infamous Swift, Ritz, etc, you have the Pete's tuning box to start with. Remaps I guess are available to. You could get in touch with Peter for this. Do check out Rippergeo's thread on his mad swift. Another option you have is Race Dynamics.
4. Lowering springs for a Punto, hmm. I think you can go for Bilsteins and H&R. Pete's deals with those again.
5. i have come across only Tarox products so far.
6. For this, you need to contact Blore bhpains.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to these mods.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:12   #4
BHPian

Thank, I am actually going through the "Mad Swift" thread, i think Peter seems to be the guy to talk to.

Since you own one any tips on runnng the car?

Thanks
poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thank, I am actually going through the "Mad Swift" thread, i think Peter seems to be the guy to talk to.

Since you own one any tips on runnng the car?

Thanks
Just dont push her beyond 2.5k rpm like I did initially Dont maintain constant speeds and keep varying. Be careful with aftermarket guys when you fit ICE etc which involves opening of door pads. They usually dont fit the doorpads and seats properly which results in rattling issues, which anyways can be sorted out at the fiat workshop.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 06:42   #6
Awaiting Email Confirmation

there's plenty of aftermarket performance parts for the fiat. I know that the brakes, suspension,filter and tuning boxes are already available.
You are unlikely to need the suspension even after a crazy remap. The stock one is quite good.
The cat back exhaust is being planned, i think.
Remap will be different from whats used on my car, as each make needs custom tuning based on what hardware changes have been made. So remap should be done last after the intake, exhaust and turbo mods. The turbo to be used will also vary from what's used in my swift AFAIK. dont know if that's available yet.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote