Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th October 2009, 13:44   #136
Senior - BHPian

desified - dude! Amazing ride- has got to be the best contessa I've ever seen! It looks like a proper old school muscle car. Post more pics please
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 14:15   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
this by far is the best looking conti I've seen. congrats mate. how is the ride with those low pro tyres?
Just talked to Desified on the phone.
According to him the ride quality is the same the BIG rims dont even fowl with the inner wheel wells in full lock position.Amazingly even the FE is the same and has not depreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Desified Wow not only are those wheels large but you put a staggered setup! Are those indian made wheels (they like the Neo etc export variety lot) what size in inches X J are they and what size tyres do have you put. It seems front and back are the same although staggered should have broader setup as the rim is wider
Those are 18" wheels meant for the BMW cars i dont think they would be local made.Exact spec =18" BMW Type rims with 235/40/R18 Tyres.

Only 1 word for the rims and wheels man = SEXY

After all this i am thinking of 16" on my ride as well!
Progamersparsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 14:19   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desified View Post
Hey Everyone!
My brother and I have been modifying and working on jeeps for the last ten odd years. Your Contessa Project looks good. I may be able to assist you if you've got queries. We've just completed working on our Contessa. Do tell us what you think. Comments and Compliments are welcome from all
Cheers
Cool car Desi Can you let me know some details:

* Any technical modifications done other than the internal & external.
* What's the size of the wheels & tyres?
* What's the make of the wheels and the price?
* Any modifications done to fit in these wheels & tyres?

Please let me know these details as I am planning to refurbish my car in a month's time
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 15:59   #139
Senior - BHPian

@Desified: The wheels are too much bling bling but the rest of the car aint. At least the paint job has to change. Other than that, a very neat looking Conti.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 16:03   #140
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride, Desi. See if you can add some flare over the wheel arches. It'll look really mean then IMO.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 21:23   #141
BHPian

Besides all the suggestions given by various members here.

Desified you must look into this classified advert also!

Team-BHP Classifieds - V8 350CI engine for sale - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

This has been on the mind of most contessa modders even mine but cost issues have held us all back
Old 5th October 2009, 21:34   #142
Senior - BHPian

Pragramersparsh Sir I know they are BMW thanks for enlightening me!! By the way Neo and other Indian alloy makers make aftermarket wheels just like the ones for export to the American markets exclusively. These are not sold in the local markets so let him answere as those seem after makert
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 22:42   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Pragramersparsh Sir I know they are BMW thanks for enlightening me!! By the way Neo and other Indian alloy makers make aftermarket wheels just like the ones for export to the American markets exclusively. These are not sold in the local markets so let him answere as those seem after makert

In that case i am very sorry man.I learn something new everyday here at team-bhp.Yes i too guess those are after market wheels.Will wait for desified to answer.

Is it totally not possible to procure these wheels in INDIA?

Can somebody please let me know of the cost for 16" BMW spec wheels?
Old 6th October 2009, 00:51   #144
Senior - BHPian

desified, the conti looks great but i think you need to change the paint job and get the chrome bumpers. it will add to the look.
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 01:37   #145
BHPian

It was worth waiting 20 Years for the conti get back his beauty
Amazing Restoration, love the paint job Car got muscle looks
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 02:07   #146
Senior - BHPian

The First car looks a bit over done according to me and the second(desified) looks better.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 12:19   #147
Senior - BHPian

Program you will find ton's of 16 inch BMW wheels if you check with guys who deal in alloys they always have old wheels swapped by owners when they upgrade. Most high end metro city alloy rims shops have these. Watch out for pricing as they will try and quote replacement prices BMW dealers quote not relevant here. These should be at very reasonable rates based on how new they are and the condition. I just picked up 4 16inch 2006 e class rims with tyres run 5k for Rs.20k.

Last edited by canonball : 6th October 2009 at 12:36.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 12:55   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Program you will find ton's of 16 inch BMW wheels if you check with guys who deal in alloys they always have old wheels swapped by owners when they upgrade. Most high end metro city alloy rims shops have these. Watch out for pricing as they will try and quote replacement prices BMW dealers quote not relevant here. These should be at very reasonable rates based on how new they are and the condition. I just picked up 4 16inch 2006 e class rims with tyres run 5k for Rs.20k.
Great Idea but the problem is i dont live in a metro and as of right now dont even have the time to go to any metro and search for rims(leaving abroad in 10 days).Since you are in Mumbai would it be possible for you to find me a deal like your mercedes wheels?I know i am aksing for a lot but would highly appreciate it if you or any other metropolitan member could help me out i am interested in 16\17".
Thanks
Old 17th October 2009, 00:57   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
this by far is the best looking conti I've seen. congrats mate. how is the ride with those low pro tyres?
Thank you so much. I'm glad you like it. The ride with the low pros is excellent. We've kept the original suspension setup and the coil springs do the job really well. No problems with the ride or the handling. Power steering does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
this by far paaji is the BEST looking Conti I have seen in years!! Brilliant Job done!!
Thank you so much brother. Glad you liked it.
Desified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 01:03   #150

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
@ Sparsh :
1. No offence meant buddy, but it's too late for you to call that spoiler "stupid".
2. How much are you selling it for??
3. Please share some interior pictures too.

@ Desified: What are those 4 shiny things I see there, bazookas?!?!

Bazookas indeed my friend! I personally think that the rims look better without the wheel cups. Tried them on and it changes the complete look of the car.

Quote:
Desified Wow not only are those wheels large but you put a staggered setup! Are those indian made wheels (they like the Neo etc export variety lot) what size in inches X J are they and what size tyres do have you put. It seems front and back are the same although staggered should have broader setup as the rim is wider
It is a staggered setup. The only issue that I faced was that there was no tyre tread which matched both the front and rear. Besides, this was done with rather limited resources :( [ We can all blame "Recession" ]

The size of the tyres is 235/40/18

The rims are not Indian made and I've got them imported by a friend of mine who is in the freight forwarding business. Standard BMW aftermarket spec rims. 18X8J for the front and 18X9.5J for the rear. No real adjustment was required for the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
desified - dude! Amazing ride- has got to be the best contessa I've ever seen! It looks like a proper old school muscle car. Post more pics please

Thank you

Here are a few more pics. I tried to keep it real simple. Two themes White and Black. Glad that you see things this way. Most people told me " You can make it look like a Charger/Mustang but I wanted to show the true identity of the Contessa. Why try to be something that you're not right? Especially when you have something which looks great without much of a mod job. Do let me know what you think of the pictures. I was not able to post earlier because of some issues with my account which now seem to have been sorted. Also I was out riding in the hills the past few days.
Cheers!

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-image0307.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-image0308.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-image0309.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-image0334.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progamersparsh View Post
Just talked to Desified on the phone.
According to him the ride quality is the same the BIG rims dont even fowl with the inner wheel wells in full lock position.Amazingly even the FE is the same and has not depreciated!

Those are 18" wheels meant for the BMW cars i dont think they would be local made.Exact spec =18" BMW Type rims with 235/40/R18 Tyres.

Only 1 word for the rims and wheels man = SEXY

After all this i am thinking of 16" on my ride as well!
Right on my friend and It was great talking to you too. If you need help sourcing the rims do let me know. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Cool car Desi Can you let me know some details:

* Any technical modifications done other than the internal & external.
* What's the size of the wheels & tyres?
* What's the make of the wheels and the price?
* Any modifications done to fit in these wheels & tyres?

Please let me know these details as I am planning to refurbish my car in a month's time
Thank you ?ushk@r

Here are the answers to your queries.

1) As of now, only the body is of the 2001 model along with the company fitted power steering. I've made sure that each and everything is new and tried my best to use only original parts. Since you're planning to restore your 'Conti' I would suggest that you thoroughly check the spares you get. Many fakes are marked with "good" company names. Can't name them for I risk getting sued. Take special care with the small items like ball joints, ends etc.

2) The size of the wheels is 18" and tires are 235/40/18

3) I got the wheels imported through a friend in the Import business and the total cost was Rs. 87000. This would've been a little lower if I had used tires with a lesser profile.

4) No modifications whatsoever were required and even with a fully loaded car (5 big fellas) there is about 2.5" of space between the body and the tires.

Also if you like, I can carry out the restoration for you since I have all spares readily available and I do know some of the issues you may face. We at Desified will make it to your exact specifications. Quality assured.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2009 at 07:53.
Desified is offline   Reply With Quote