Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 17th October 2009, 01:48   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@Desified: The wheels are too much bling bling but the rest of the car aint. At least the paint job has to change. Other than that, a very neat looking Conti.
Hey Clevermax

I understand your point of view. I'm sure you'll understand too when I give you my side of the story.

1) The car is to be sold and we want to make sure the new owner does not face issues. On the RC of the car, it says "WHITE". If i wanted to keep the car for myself I would have gone for a different colour. Chandigarh Police is very particular about papers being in order. I made the best of the options I had. Maybe if you refer to the other pictures of the Conti that I've put up you'll see that the car is a little "bling" too.

2) Pictures don't always tell the complete story. Some of the team BHP members have seen the car in person and they have a completely different opinion.

To each his own I say. Here is a sample of what else we have in store.

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-image0370.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-phot0173.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-phot0244.jpg

Name:  271106_2155.jpg
Views: 2612
Size:  48.3 KB

All these are in the DESIFIED family. There is a 1972 Royal Enfield, 1990 Mahindra 340, 1944 Ford GPW and now our first car Project, the 2001 Contessa . Not shown here are at least 6 other jeeps we have worked on.
Desified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 01:51   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Nice ride, Desi. See if you can add some flare over the wheel arches. It'll look really mean then IMO.

Appreciate that Amitoj. I did try adding some flared arches in my initial concept but I felt that Flared arches would not Gel with the clean lines of the car. Maybe my next conti project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Pragramersparsh Sir I know they are BMW thanks for enlightening me!! By the way Neo and other Indian alloy makers make aftermarket wheels just like the ones for export to the American markets exclusively. These are not sold in the local markets so let him answere as those seem after makert
Cannonball

These are not Indian wheels, and I did speak to Pragramersparsh and told him the same over the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
desified, the conti looks great but i think you need to change the paint job and get the chrome bumpers. it will add to the look.
Chrome bumpers again would not go with the "Black & White" theme that i have chosen for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
It was worth waiting 20 Years for the conti get back his beauty
Amazing Restoration, love the paint job Car got muscle looks
Appreciate the love Cheerios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progamersparsh View Post
Great Idea but the problem is i dont live in a metro and as of right now dont even have the time to go to any metro and search for rims(leaving abroad in 10 days).Since you are in Mumbai would it be possible for you to find me a deal like your mercedes wheels?I know i am aksing for a lot but would highly appreciate it if you or any other metropolitan member could help me out i am interested in 16\17".
Thanks
I can assist you with the Rims. No problem. I suggest going for the Aftermarket ones because you will have more of a choice in designs.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2009 at 07:57.
Old 17th October 2009, 09:35   #153
BANNED

amazing Sparsh... how much did u spend on it?
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 14:12   #154
Senior - BHPian

Desified how much did the wheels cost you?
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 14:20   #155
Senior - BHPian

Those are real sexy wheels. Post some picture of the car while its moving. Would love to see how it looks.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 19:15   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
amazing Sparsh... how much did u spend on it?
Quite a lot mate...

Quote:
Desified how much did the wheels cost you?
read his posts he has mentioned he has spent 87K on the rims and tyres!
Progamersparsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 12:15   #157
Senior - BHPian

Sparsh I think you need to read my post again I AM ONLY ASKING ABOUT THE RIMS? Kapish?

Desified similar imported 18 inch rims for MB are available at 45k in mumbai and I think you meant 87 for wheel and tire (not clear). I am keen since I may require a set of MB staggered 18's shortly thinking of getting them from Bangkok as brabus repilca's are reasonably priced there so some lowdown on you source would help.

Sparsh will you let LET HIM ANSWERE? Dud chilax and I understand you are excited and enthu since you came here but read posts clearly before typing away. thx

Last edited by canonball : 18th October 2009 at 12:24.
Old 18th October 2009, 12:21   #158
Team-BHP Support

And I thought this thread was essentially a Contessa thread.

Desified, it's up to you now to get thread back to it's original topic.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 14:47   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
And I thought this thread was essentially a Contessa thread.

Desified, it's up to you now to get thread back to it's original topic.

True enough Rudra. Thing is I was facing issues posting replies for the last 2 weeks and after several mails to the concerned people, it was sorted.

Guys just one last thing. Wheels and Tires (The whole package) cost 87k including import duties.
Hey Canonball, why be so hard on Sparsh? He is only trying to help. Besides as I mentioned earlier, we spoke at lenght over the phone and so far the two or three times he answered your queries he was 100% right.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:02   #160
Senior - BHPian

desified I found a slight hint of being a facilitator of sorts in him which I think is good if directed in an appropriate direction. I also find that some his responses to other members are not clear - he was evasive about how much he spent - "Quite a lot mate" - sir that in my opinion is cocky as it is not a state secret not to reveal how much you spent ( may be he intends to sell the car in classified - seen this happen here to often)? I also see other comments which have led me to believe there is a certain chip on the shoulder in the making so my comments to him are in the hope of us both steering clear of each other . My questions to you are/were very specific and unless sparsh has been living the entire buildup with you he would not know. As it turns out none of his responses/help have answered what I asked. By the way my questions still remains unanswered what is the breakup unless that is information you are not in a position to answere lets drop it and no hard feelings. Sparsh will thank me if he has understood what i am getting at as in the long run my experience of being here since inceptions shows it is counterproductive. bye

Last edited by canonball : 19th October 2009 at 11:09.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:15   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progamersparsh View Post
Great Idea but the problem is i dont live in a metro and as of right now dont even have the time to go to any metro and search for rims(leaving abroad in 10 days).Since you are in Mumbai would it be possible for you to find me a deal like your mercedes wheels?I know i am aksing for a lot but would highly appreciate it if you or any other metropolitan member could help me out i am interested in 16\17".
Thanks
Sure sparsh I can help but arent you leaving 10 days? PM me when you are around and I will give you all my Mumbai contacts, you are free to cross refer/bounce off with me as you transact. I can only help if you have local support to verify/check them/pick up/logistics. I may be able to check them out for you once you shortlist and if you are not in a hurry.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:03   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Sure sparsh I can help but arent you leaving 10 days? PM me when you are around and I will give you all my Mumbai contacts, you are free to cross refer/bounce off with me as you transact. I can only help if you have local support to verify/check them/pick up/logistics. I may be able to check them out for you once you shortlist and if you are not in a hurry.

Thanks for the reply on the wheels cannonball.Sadly i dont have any people in mumbai and neither have the time right now.If my plans change i will definately let u know!Please PM me you your Mobile number!

I am thinking of ordering a company grill to replace the mesh grill will that be good?
Old 29th December 2009, 01:40   #163
BHPian

Another Contessa in the making.

Photos are not mine and are taken from my friends profile on Orkut its his car.

He is going to use Tavera Headlights.

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-capture.jpg

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 2078
Size:  69.8 KB
Old 29th December 2009, 01:46   #164
Senior - BHPian

Wow the intake scoop on the bosy loks cool and so do the scirts on the front bumper.What colour is he going to paint her ?I hope he paints her Jet Black with white stripes running through the center it would be a looker for sure then.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 02:50   #165
BHPian

Yes he is going to get black and white stripe indeed!