Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th August 2005, 11:44   #16
Default Gee...Thanks

Gee..Thanks, Speed0mania - Appreciate your inputs. Will keep your Sony ASS in mind for the next time. Yep, I have preserved the keys.

BTW, here in Noida, there is a MUL ASS called MotorCraft (Maruti Service Masters). The owner is a very pally chap and so I discussed the entire episode with him.
His input was "Perhaps it is the Aircon duct, which in the Swift is right above the HU. The very cold air could have condensed some moisture laden air within the Hu and caused the malfx"
Come to think of it, he may be right!

Auto Music Masters of the Universe aka Sam, Navin, Aseem & Vivek, I beg thee to pray guide the lost lamb! (I'll just post a link to this forum in thier Limca-going-to-Guiness (book, not the liquid!) forum

Cheers and thanks guys for all the valuble advise.
Xsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2005, 11:59   #17
Team-BHP Support

Originally Posted by Xsailor
1. Is the alleged damage claim by Sony guy possible? Can water pass through the firewall?
2. The Sony guy also added that the best is to remove the unit all together before servicing! Is that needed? I do not mind doing it compared to the whole Sunday gone running from pillar to post!
3. Did my service station goof-up big time or s*** happens? Bad luck on my part? Should I put the Service Station on notice?
4. Any suggestions/precautions to keep in mind the next time and also a dig on *** happened!
1. Yes. there are grommets in the firewall that will allow water under pressure. it is not a waterproof firewall.
2. this is really not nesscary only you should caution the Service Center not to use water under pressure in the engine bay. atleast not so that it hits the firewall. Water under pressure should be perpendicualr (or close to) to the ground (parallel to the firewall).
3. Big goof up.
4. Only sure fire precaution is to remove HU.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 21:00   #18
Default Need help

Hi friends,

My Front panel for Pioneer HU (5050UB) got damaged when the car cleaner was cleaning the vehicle.

The back cover where the side clips which lock into the HU got broken.

I would like to know if this can be repaired in bangalore or do i need to get a new front panel for the HU.

sandeep3in is offline   Reply With Quote