Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th April 2010, 10:18   #436
BHPian

Guys,

So what is the final take on Jopasu Duster Self cleaning. I mean how to clean the duster itself? While buying it from the duster, Jopasu sales rep said it can be washed, no problems !!! However I read on post earlier that after washing the duster, its capacity to attract dust reduces(Static charge).

Has anyone tried cleaning/washing the duster and has not faced problems? Please let me know, my car attracts lot of dust and now after 4-5 months of use the duster looks very dirty.

Has any one tried
mailmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 23:41   #437
BHPian

Has anybody tried both the california and Jopasu duster? Can somebody compare and tell me which of these is better?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 07:49   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Has anybody tried both the california and Jopasu duster? Can somebody compare and tell me which of these is better?
Yes i have both. California duster is little bit better in quality and clean-ability than Jopasu. Jopasu is priced much cheaper. California duster comes with wooden handle but jopasu comes with fiber handle which is lighter but quality of this fiber handle is bit of a suspect, even the MD of Jopusa has agreed and he told he will take steps to change the handle. So i can conclude Jopasu is best available duster in India and cleans almost like California duster. Here is the link which shows my California duster.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ml#post1625173

Last edited by shamanth : 8th April 2010 at 07:55.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 09:38   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Guys,

So what is the final take on Jopasu Duster Self cleaning. I mean how to clean the duster itself? While buying it from the duster, Jopasu sales rep said it can be washed, no problems !!! However I read on post earlier that after washing the duster, its capacity to attract dust reduces(Static charge).

Has anyone tried cleaning/washing the duster and has not faced problems? Please let me know, my car attracts lot of dust and now after 4-5 months of use the duster looks very dirty.

Has any one tried
I did clean with water + mild soap solution and dried it under shade. Took couple of days to completely dry. The bristles are not as soft as when new, but I do not notice any problems in dust pickup capability.

The best thing during wash is that the bristles do not fall off..not a single strand fell off.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 15:51   #440
BHPian

I ordered the Jopasu Duster combo pack on ebay and was delivered within 2 days.

The duster came in a neat package and it picks up dust well. For the price it's being sold, I'd have been happy if the duster had more strands.
donzerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 16:32   #441
BHPian

You can wash it when it gets too dirty. I have washed mine at least 4 times so far and its capabilities haven't degraded.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 23:24   #442
BHPian

washing with Johnson's baby shampoo is highly recommended !
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 22:48   #443
BHPian

Hey Guys!
My dad is going to Bengaluru for a few days for an office trip.
I heard about Jopasu delivering products at your doorstep by someone in Pune. Is it possible in Bengaluru too? Can somebody provide me the contacts of the concerned persons in Bengaluru? I would ask them to deliver it to my dad's hotel.
Best Regards
Abhinav Sharma
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 08:42   #444
Senior - BHPian

abhipuru16, I have sent a PM containing the contact details.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 13:54   #445
BHPian

After reading all the reviews, Ordered one today through E-Bay! Looking forward to recieve it:-).
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 15:23   #446
BHPian

After reading the opinions, ordered it through ebay.in (using Rs.150/- discount coupon) and received last Saturday. Just tested and seems to work fine. A full dusting not yet done due to rains everyday.
janitha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 17:04   #447
BHPian

J.Ravi, I would appreciate if you can share the BLR contact details as I lost them. Thanks in advance
Old 29th April 2010, 00:36   #448
BHPian

People in bangalore can contact Mr Ramesh, SV & Co. Ph: 080-50610090.

My brother who lives in bangalore just got it from this person. Even though it wasnt door delivered, it was bought to a place near to where my brother is staying.
neutralgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 10:16   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post

My brother who lives in bangalore just got it from this person. Even though it wasnt door delivered, it was bought to a place near to where my brother is staying.
Thanks neutralgrey. It is a better than option than buying from Ebay. Though I havent had probs thru Ebay, looking at some posts here, it would be nice to speak to someone for the product delivery.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:38   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
J.Ravi, I would appreciate if you can share the BLR contact details as I lost them. Thanks in advance
Sorry. I saw your post just now. I have the contact details at Pune only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post

So, s3va's problem is solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Thanks neutralgrey. It is a better than option than buying from Ebay. Though I havent had probs thru Ebay, looking at some posts here, it would be nice to speak to someone for the product delivery.
Actually, now there is no problem of getting it through ebay.in. Many people are getting it now without any issues. I think Jopasu has changed the courier. If you have any discount coupon of ebay.in, it is better to get it from ebay.in by availing of disocunt.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote